Like Tree3Likes

Stopping Form Decay
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Stopping Form Decay

    Hi Everyone

    I need assistance/advice. I am currently playing as Brighton in my save and am a comfortable top half prem team having 9th, 8th, 7th in my first three seasons in the league. This year I had battled to 3rd before losing two games against tough opposition and dropping to 5th. I then played Reading who were 18th at the time and lost 2-1 and played terribly so I called a team meeting to rally the troops and they all reacted positively then in my next game against Stoke I lost 2-0 and play terribly again. I know it's not my formations as they are working well. It's just my defenders stop being able to mark/tackle well, my midfielders can't pass and my strikers can't score because their morale has dipped to okay or fairly poor. Is there an effective way to boost morale or get players with bad morale to play well other than team meetings?

  2. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Manchester United Super Moderator
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by tomicman44 View Post
    Hi Everyone

    I need assistance/advice. I am currently playing as Brighton in my save and am a comfortable top half prem team having 9th, 8th, 7th in my first three seasons in the league. This year I had battled to 3rd before losing two games against tough opposition and dropping to 5th. I then played Reading who were 18th at the time and lost 2-1 and played terribly so I called a team meeting to rally the troops and they all reacted positively then in my next game against Stoke I lost 2-0 and play terribly again. I know it's not my formations as they are working well. It's just my defenders stop being able to mark/tackle well, my midfielders can't pass and my strikers can't score because their morale has dipped to okay or fairly poor. Is there an effective way to boost morale or get players with bad morale to play well other than team meetings?
    can you give us more info on the set up of your side:

    Help Threads

    based on that please.

  3. Passionate - I have faith in you - for every position before the game and at HT if you're not winning, works like a charm...
    nickc1994 and tomicman44 like this.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by CDXtreme View Post
    Passionate - I have faith in you - for every position before the game and at HT if you're not winning, works like a charm...
    Thanks I will try this when I get home tonight :-)

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    can you give us more info on the set up of your side:

    Help Threads

    based on that please.
    Sorry the reason I didn't add information on my formations and such is because I didn't want advice on the tactics side of the game but on the mental/morale side of the game i.e. team talks, talking to players and press conferences. My Board Expectation is Top Half Finish, I don't know if that would make a difference to the way the team reacts. Down to 6th after those results above.

  6. You may not want advise on tactics but ... Most probably your woes are a result of your tactics and opposing teams reacting to them. Either introduce a new tactic or slightly change the one(s) you employ.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by MANUMAD View Post
    You may not want advise on tactics but ... Most probably your woes are a result of your tactics and opposing teams reacting to them. Either introduce a new tactic or slightly change the one(s) you employ.
    I'm sorry by giving the context of my save I probably gave the impression that I wanted people to give me a complete and comprehensive review of my team/game, I don't. This is not a "I just can't win" or "What am I doing wrong" thread. I just wanted to ask a single question about the game unrelated to the match engine or team tactics about mind game techniques. I wanted a universal answer that might help me in the future in this and other saves. If I change my formation I'm just going to have to ask again next time this happens.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by CDXtreme View Post
    Passionate - I have faith in you - for every position before the game and at HT if you're not winning, works like a charm...
    I might use this when I'm struggling haha thanks!

  9. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Manchester United Super Moderator
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by tomicman44 View Post
    Sorry the reason I didn't add information on my formations and such is because I didn't want advice on the tactics side of the game but on the mental/morale side of the game i.e. team talks, talking to players and press conferences. My Board Expectation is Top Half Finish, I don't know if that would make a difference to the way the team reacts. Down to 6th after those results above.
    They go can often hand in hand. For example you might not want to try a complicated technical game while your team is lacking in confidence, i would play more defensively,go a bit more direct, grind out wins. Be a little less harsh in my team talks.

    This also comes down to the personality of your players, which is why i try to go out of my way to have strong mental characters in my team, especially through my spine.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by tomicman44 View Post
    Thanks I will try this when I get home tonight :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by nickc1994 View Post
    I might use this when I'm struggling haha thanks!
    Hopefully it works for you guys it doesnt get a reaction from everyone but usually you will get a positive reaction from 6+ players...

    And it always works for my CF...

    Try not to use it every match because it might start to lose its 'jazz' or 'mojoe' ha

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Roeder defiant over Magpies form
    By BBC Sport in forum English Football
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25/03/2007, 01:43 PM
  2. Mourinho hits out at Chelsea form
    By BBC Sport in forum English Football
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 31/12/2006, 11:26 AM
  3. Shevchenko dismisses form fears
    By BBC Sport in forum English Football
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03/10/2006, 02:55 PM
  4. Moyes Wants Prem to Stop Diving
    By Sean in forum English Football
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 13/07/2006, 08:52 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO