Like Tree5Likes

AI crossing the ball makes me concede tonnes!
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

1. AI crossing the ball makes me concede tonnes!

I have never seen anything like it! what can i do? ive tried everything and nothings worked

anything you guys can suggest?

2. AI crosses the ball for both your team an opposition mate.
    I could only suggest getting players who are good in the air ( which is quite obvious). Also marking an positional sense are needed!
    But it really depends what marking system your useing too..if your zonal..positioning stat is more important.
    Maybe you could try pushing your defensive line up abit..again it depends where your conceding these headers ( Open play or freekicks/corners)

Just keep fiddling..(it certainly wont make you blind) an im sure with a little patience you'll find yourself conceding less (headers)

3. This happens with me aswell, almost every cross seems to result in a goal for the oppostion ... I think its a bug , you could report it to SI?

4. It's not a bug, you are not making what you need to do to stop those crosses.

Check OI, check your players stats, check your tactic and see if your players fit it, check other team subs, check other team tactic and style of play, check your game preparation, check your FBs and CBs, check your shouts!

FM13 in not just plug and play, that is over my friends.

If you concede tonnes of goals from crosses, your you have a bad team or you are a bad coach.

Sorry if it sound rude

5. Quote Originally Posted by apvmoreira View Post
    It's not a bug, you are not making what you need to do to stop those crosses.

Check OI, check your players stats, check your tactic and see if your players fit it, check other team subs, check other team tactic and style of play, check your game preparation, check your FBs and CBs, check your shouts!

FM13 in not just plug and play, that is over my friends.

If you concede tonnes of goals from crosses, your you have a bad team or you are a bad coach.

Sorry if it sound rude
    I wouldnt say im a bad coach considering in 4 years with Napoli i have won all 4 league titles, 3 italian cups and 2 champions leagues ? I have tried everything ... Also these 3 defenders make my back 3 do you think its their faults?

AI crossing the ball makes me concede tonnes!-alain-lemaire_-overview-profile.pngAI crossing the ball makes me concede tonnes!-christian-buck_-overview-profile.pngAI crossing the ball makes me concede tonnes!-xabier-altuna_-overview-profile.png

6. Quote Originally Posted by Henry8597 View Post
    I wouldnt say im a bad coach considering in 4 years with Napoli i have won all 4 league titles, 3 italian cups and 2 champions leagues ? I have tried everything ... Also these 3 defenders make my back 3 do you think its their faults?

Attachment 291138Attachment 291139Attachment 291140
    The fact you use a back 3 is probably your problem... The opposition wingers will have far too much space down the wings, and if one of your centre-backs go to close him down, there will be then too much space in the middle. Back 3s do generally​ not work against teams that focus down the flanks

7. I use defensive wingers though so they are usually tracking back causing a Back 5 when needed and leaving 3 in the centre?

8. When this happens to you, try to record which team you played against, and if you spot a pattern of certain playstyles working against you, try to adjust your tactics when playing the same teams. In your case, teams relying on speedy wing play have an advantage in crossing into your area. Usually with a back 4, your wingers can mark their fullbacks while your fullbacks mark the opposition wingers. So if you leave your defensive wingers to try to track back and defend their wingers, you are outnumbered 2-1 since their fullbacks may overlap. This is why 1 tactic is not sufficient for every​ opposition team.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Henry8597 View Post
    I use defensive wingers though so they are usually tracking back causing a Back 5 when needed and leaving 3 in the centre?
    Mate..your CB's are fine..man i wish i could afford CB's like that lol!
    Its most likely like scotty said...formation.
    Now its alright sayin uve got def wingers (if there really is such a thing) who come back an make a back 5, but obviously when they do theyre not doin their job right, which is to stop the crosses in the first place!
    The match engine does have its problems...so its hard to necessarily play your ideal tactic..an until its polished, you may have to submit to another...more comformed way of play.

Anyways after winning 4 league titles, 3 italian cups and 2 champions leagues...you shouldnt be asking for help...you should be offering it lol!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Henry8597 View Post
    I use defensive wingers though so they are usually tracking back causing a Back 5 when needed and leaving 3 in the centre?
    You have misunderstood the role of a def. winger. They name is a bit misleading, they do not come back to defend, they push high up the pitch and win the ball back from the fullbacks, then keep it up there till more players come. Change them to Wide-midfielders, with either a defending or supporting duty depending on who you are playing/what kind of players they are!

Also, in there player-instructions, set them to man mark the opponents wingers and have them do tight marking!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast