Like Tree1Likes

work permit application denied?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. work permit application denied?

So I've read several threads that non EU foreign players should be loaned out to EU feeder clubs to gain their citizenship (?) so they don't need a WP to play in an English club..

But my question is HOW in the world do you even loan them out before even signing the player? Isn't the player out of my management until the contract is completely finalised, which before happening needs his WP grant?

Maybe those threads are for players already playing for your youth team, but this new player I'm trying to sign isn't even in my club in the first place and he's been denied a WP 5 times already. The hell am I supposed to do or am I at a dead end?

2. you have to have an affiliation with a foreign club that has work permit benefits. you sign the player, and he is unavailable for competitive matches (but can play in u18 and reserve games), then you can loan him out to that feeder club where he doesnt need a permit and in a few years of doing that he would have euro citizenship, usually it doesn't take that long however, after a year or two try to offer him a new contract and hopefully his repuatation has increased enough that he will get the permit.

3. having a EU affiliation is an absolute necessity this year in fm ive noticed, didn't have as much trouble on fm 12 signing young players from africa etc.....

4. Try and get an affilate where 2 years is needed to gain EU citizenship ... Cant remember the country though ? Maybe someone could help out.

5. gogogo golem
    Liverpool and Macclesfield Follows: Leicester City Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry8597 View Post
    Try and get an affilate where 2 years is needed to gain EU citizenship ... Cant remember the country though ? Maybe someone could help out.
    Croatia. They tend to join the EU after one season. No point in getting one beforehand since you don't get the best.

6. Yeah ... I had Hajduk on my City save I seem to remember!

7. Yeah Croatia is the best. I have Dinamo, which have very good youth facilities so it's win-win for me

8. gogogo golem
    Liverpool and Macclesfield Follows: Leicester City Modern Day Legend
    You two make mine look poor. My club isn't at the the top yet so I've got Slaven Belupo.

9. Quote Originally Posted by gogogo golem View Post
    You two make mine look poor. My club isn't at the the top yet so I've got Slaven Belupo.
    Are they Croatian?

10. wait, so are these players you guys talking about completely new signings to your club or already been in your club and have WP denied when you try to extend their contracts?

because i can't find a way to loan out completely NEW signings, but it's no problem if it's a newgen already in my u18 squad

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast