Like Tree7Likes

How do you enjoy Playing football manager?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

1. How do you enjoy Playing football manager?

I personally can play about 3 games and then just stop and do something else, I always keep FM open but don't play in in long sessions, just wondering what other people do... I've never really sat down and played for over 2-3 hours.
    Dave The Dude likes this.

2. Quote Originally Posted by JOE MURRAY View Post
    I personally can play about 3 games and then just stop and do something else, I always keep FM open but don't play in in long sessions, just wondering what other people do... I've never really sat down and played for over 2-3 hours.
    i love playing a long save with united. I think i played for 10 hours straight bar food and toilet breaks
    Especially when you're on a good run or in the business end of the season. You just want to keep on going.

Havent been able to do that for awhile tho. haha

3. Used to play for long periods but on fm13 i have to have a break after 2-3 games before i destroy my computer

4. I can do like half a season straight but eventually get bored

5. Well I normally lead a nice and peaceful life.............. then i feel the temptation........and then I buy the latest FM game......then its life over. lol

I lay awake in bed reading the latest tactical analysis articles which makes it worse because I then want to chop and change my tactics..... at work I think about what players to sell and who to play where etc..........

its Football Manager 24/7.............. then after a few months as quickly as the bug got hold of me it goes and I can live life again!! lol

I always play with a lower division team though, or like this save, NAC Breda.....a mid table team in the Erevidisie with no transfer budget and I aim to make them big.

I get no enjoyment whatsoever out of choosing a big team (Man Utd, Barca etc.......) as theres no point. Already have a good team, its just a matter of how many points you win the league by if you are a half decent manager. Dont see the point.
    RobbieToon1 and Yurt like this.

Can easily pull a 12+ hour shift. Then I play a match
    Seabear and Yurt like this.

7. GodCubed's Avatar GodCubed
    Crystal Palace and Aston Villa Modern Day Legend
    Fit it in at any time. I play it between mouthfuls while eating, lie on the sofa late at night with the telly on and play it, play it in bed before I go to sleep, whenever.

8. Whenever i get to the point you are at now, i know I'm a bit burnt out on FM so i take a break from it for a month or two. Then i load it up again and enjoy it all over again.

Maybe try a new challenge like the pentagon challenge or make your own scenario up. Try getting a semi professional team to turn Pro and get them into CL and then maybe eventually win it (i know i always have a great time attempting these sorts of challenges, even though i have never really finished one).

Also if you are one of the people that reloads the game after a loss/draw then i would stop doing that as it takes all the fun out of the game and gets boring real fast. (Not saying you are one of these people but just incase )

9. Play it every time I'm at home pretty much. i enjoy playing when I'm winning if I'm using a good team or at least winning matches when my team creates better chances but when I start losing 3 games in a row after previously playing 10 games without conceding or when my team creates better chances but refuses to score, just get miffed and close it and don't play it for a day or two if I can manage that.

10. play it when uni/girlfriend permit. usually couple of hours at a time been ill last few days so been playing non-stop just finished third season with fc united 9 league 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast