Is it just me or are there a SILLY amount of injuries in FM2013?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

  1. thorton
    Manchester City, Huddersfield Town, England. First Team
    #1

    Is it just me or are there a SILLY amount of injuries in FM2013?

    Finally gave in and bought FM13 not long ago, and I seem to be having ridiculously bad luck with injuries - almost every game I'll get 1-2 players with "knocks that can be ran off" who are almost always out for at least 12 days.

    My team sheet regularly looks like this:



    It's reallllly starting to annoy me...

  2. For every game I play, I seem to lose at least one player.

    It's unfair, but 'these things happen in the real world' according to the powers-that-be at SI.

    It seems that the options are:

    1) Stick with playing the game and be frustrated
    2) Don't bother playing the game, in which case you've wasted money on it.

  3. #3
    It may seem unfair, but it could be any number of things causing it. Players with low fitness stats getting "stuck in", tackling poorly on a poor pitch in poor weather, poor tackling by opposition....any number of things. If a player has very good fitness stats and strength the injuries can be run off but if not they'll be out a while-depending on severity and players level of fitness-though if the medical team aren't the best that will affect the length of time out aswell.

  4. I haven't noticed anything like this. Perhaps it's bad luck.

    When you say "knocks that can be run off", do you mean the green injury square kind of injuries? Because keeping them on when that happens can often exacerbate the injury.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by GodCubed View Post
    I haven't noticed anything like this. Perhaps it's bad luck.

    When you say "knocks that can be run off", do you mean the green injury square kind of injuries? Because keeping them on when that happens can often exacerbate the injury.
    Only time I've suffered this is with poor physios and players with poor fitness levels. Not only in Blue Square and low level Scottish league but also Championship

  6. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Manchester United Super Moderator
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonP12 View Post
    For every game I play, I seem to lose at least one player.

    It's unfair, but 'these things happen in the real world' according to the powers-that-be at SI.

    It seems that the options are:

    1) Stick with playing the game and be frustrated
    2) Don't bother playing the game, in which case you've wasted money on it.
    Well, they do. They could bury you in the number of soak tests and stats they actually have on this, rather than random anectodal evidence

    OP, there hasnt actually been a change to injuries at all, but it could well be the changes in the ME ( more tackles pressing etc) as well as the vast number of factors ajt said.

    having said that it its not a uniform thing, some people see it some don't. I would personally try and see if there is a pattern in where you pick up injuries.

  7. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Manchester United Super Moderator
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by GodCubed View Post
    I haven't noticed anything like this. Perhaps it's bad luck.

    When you say "knocks that can be run off", do you mean the green injury square kind of injuries? Because keeping them on when that happens can often exacerbate the injury.
    Yes, keeping a green cross player on in a hard running game is asking for trouble. Although when the AI do it i go out of my way to direct attacks at them.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by ajt09 View Post
    Only time I've suffered this is with poor physios and players with poor fitness levels. Not only in Blue Square and low level Scottish league but also Championship
    I agree with this completely. Apart from when I am training my players extremely hard (Usually when I have created a new tactic and I want my team to adapt to it quicker) injuries aren't too bad with my Arsenal team.

    But in my Bradford save I'd usually get 2 injuries a game. Lost in the league cup 5-4 in ET because I got 4 players injured, and had already used a sub so had to play with 9 men :/

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty98TR View Post
    I agree with this completely. Apart from when I am training my players extremely hard (Usually when I have created a new tactic and I want my team to adapt to it quicker) injuries aren't too bad with my Arsenal team.

    But in my Bradford save I'd usually get 2 injuries a game. Lost in the league cup 5-4 in ET because I got 4 players injured, and had already used a sub so had to play with 9 men :/
    Had a similar problem a while ago. But I didn't take into account what Mike mentioned which was keeping them on the field of play can make it worse-and it did. Now when it happens, I change things slightly straight away. I was relying too much on my gut and what I see on TV thinking they're tough enough to run it off, rather than a logical approach and I paid the price.

  10. thorton
    Manchester City, Huddersfield Town, England. First Team
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by GodCubed View Post
    I haven't noticed anything like this. Perhaps it's bad luck.

    When you say "knocks that can be run off", do you mean the green injury square kind of injuries? Because keeping them on when that happens can often exacerbate the injury.
    Yeah them knocks - I take them off immediately and they're still out for a while!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    Well, they do. They could bury you in the number of soak tests and stats they actually have on this, rather than random anectodal evidence

    OP, there hasnt actually been a change to injuries at all, but it could well be the changes in the ME ( more tackles pressing etc) as well as the vast number of factors ajt said.

    having said that it its not a uniform thing, some people see it some don't. I would personally try and see if there is a pattern in where you pick up injuries.
    It happens in matches from tackles, I'd say about 90% of my injuries are from tackles in-game, so it's definitely not even something to do with over-training, which I'm not doing anyway :|


    I guess I'm just extremely unlucky

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Why is there some games you just can't win?
    By louiscfc in forum Football Manager 2012 Discussion
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 09/04/2013, 12:35 PM
  2. Is there any auction games just now with spaces
    By Footy4Life89 in forum Football Manager 2011 Editing
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10/01/2011, 09:51 PM
  3. Just Amazing!!
    By Silver in forum Football Manager 2006
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 27/03/2009, 09:52 PM
  4. Hi there, I'm new, you'd never guess hey!
    By beefster in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 31/12/2005, 11:15 AM
  5. Hi there
    By John in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 20/09/2005, 07:35 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO