Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Coupdhaha
  • 1 Post By Mike.

Question about Running From Deep?

1. Question about Running From Deep?

Does setting the "running from deep" (For a striker) to rarely mean the player will stay deep without going forward, or will he stay in an advanced position?

I am trying to get the best out of Falcao(I am Arsenal), as although he has been alright (18 goals and 14 assists in the league with the season almost up) he isn't being as good as I was hoping. I think the main problem is his "Tries first time shots" PPM, and he is coming deep far too much (Hence his 14 assists). However, I want him as a player that will score the majority of the goals.

So what other settings would people reccomend to make him more attack minded, making him contribute less to the creation of goals and instead be scoring them?

Thanks!

2. gogogo golem
    Liverpool and Macclesfield Follows: Leicester City Modern Day Legend
    The more you set him runs from deep the more runs he'll make. More attacking Mentality, less roaming, less creative freedom, more runs from deep and moves into channels wide play are all I can think of.

3. no, running for deep just means how often he will make attacking runs off-ball. I think their actual position is controlled by the "mentality" slider.
    Mike. likes this.

4. Okay cheers you two!

5. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Manchester United Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Coupdhaha View Post
    no, running for deep just means how often he will make attacking runs off-ball. I think their actual position is controlled by the "mentality" slider.
    This. I dont know why they change the name to runs from deep, since it has nothing to do with how deep he actually is. Its basically forward runs.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    This. I dont know why they change the name to runs from deep, since it has nothing to do with how deep he actually is. Its basically forward runs.
    Yeah, that's why I wasn't sure! Makes alot more sense to call it forward runs or something similar like you said!

7. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Manchester United Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty98TR View Post
    Yeah, that's why I wasn't sure! Makes alot more sense to call it forward runs or something similar like you said!
    It actually used to be called forward runs. Which is why i dont understand the name change.
    TJD07 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread