Like Tree100Likes

UPDATE 13.2 RELEASED for Football Manager 2013
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

1. Quote Originally Posted by mld81 View Post
    The only real problem I have with any patch so far is with this one. For some reason certain information no longer displays like the date, etc. Here is a screenshot of stuff missing since the patch (highlighted red boxes):

Attachment 293391
    It looks like its not missing. Its just white font on white background.

2. UPDATE 13.2 RELEASED for Football Manager 2013-3664a484b73574247343e4732b9e3f05.png

Ever since this patch came out, whenever Hazard gets the ball he runs the whole pitch and scores or gets an assist. I quite like it

3. I'm definitely having an issue with dumb backpasses to the goalie. I like that it's not impossible to score off freekicks, but it seems like anything close to the edge of the box is going in now. I'm benefitting from it, but still seems like a potential issue.

4. Quote Originally Posted by contramaestre View Post
    It looks like its not missing. Its just white font on white background.
    That is what I was thinking, I didn't word my post correctly. Just seems a bit strange how all of a sudden there is colours clashing, there were some before but the patch has definately created more.

5. I got seven players injured ever since I updated the game. My Fierro who has never been out more than three weeks is out for 2 months. I got 3 other players injured for 3 months. Seriously, SI?

6. On the last patch I was getting ridiculous number of injuries (usually 2-4) per week, which was even higher before I sold Diaby (played 6 games and got injured 11 times in first season), but now the injury toll seems more realistic, but free-kicks and long range shooting for me definitely remind me of Man Utd vs. Arsenal last season. Cazorla has 6 direct free-kicks from 4 games after getting 2 in first 2 seasons.

Although penalties don't seem to be going in, had 6 in first 11 matches, only 1 has been converted. All takers were 18+ in Pen, Finishing and 16+ in Composure, yet 5 were saved.
    Last edited by RVPandFF; 23/12/2012 at 09:20 AM.

7. where can i download the patch ?

8. Quote Originally Posted by fritz_roland View Post
    where can i download the patch ?
    Simple, just load up steam (online mode) providing you have it set to update the game automatically.

9. Penalties have got worse on this patch for me, players are missing more now than they did before.

10. Can anybody help me updating the game please?

I've done everything I've seen to do to get the game to update, but it just keeps running the game without updating.

11. It's the game better after this update, should I buy it now?

12. Why do games take so long online since the update? Unless you are host then its fine. Me and my friends have had a game going for a few weeks but now matches are taking alot longer than before and its becoming frustrating.

13. Okay - 3 things I have noticed.

-Defenders keep failing at doing back passes and it's interecepted by the striker.
    -Missing lots of penalties.
    -Players running for ages with the ball and scoring.

Other than those 3 things I am loving it!
    serp1 and Toon Army 13 like this.

14. Loving the game so far. Every patch has made it slightly better so far,

Since the newest patch my goalkeeper Tim Krul has scored 2 goals from his own half. Anyone else had this happen?

It says an OG on this one but i dont see how.

15. seem to concede a goal from a poor pass-back EVERY game on this update.

When's this going to be sorted?

16. Youth development has made me stop playing the game. I'm playing with bilbao, so developing regens is key and it's impossible if you never get anyone more than 2 stars. So, pretty much unplayable for me until it gets patched.

17. mine hasnt updated ive restarted steam and everything yet no updates

18. Quote Originally Posted by evilweevil666 View Post
    Youth development has made me stop playing the game. I'm playing with bilbao, so developing regens is key and it's impossible if you never get anyone more than 2 stars. So, pretty much unplayable for me until it gets patched.

klippbo seemed to do alright with them...

19. Haven't had a problem with the regens myself, but one thing that's annoying me is the fullbacks going on mazy runs & having an attempt on goal. We've started thrashing teams since the patch (most goals we'd scored in a game before was 4) but I still feel like this update has made the game worse.

20. where can i download this?

21. Quote Originally Posted by Rahman Shafi View Post
    where can i download this?
    Via Steam. If you haven't changed any settings it should download it automatically when you're not playing.
    matoari likes this.

22. when a start a new game does it say 13.2 database cause mines does not say that

23. Quote Originally Posted by owensybhoy View Post
    when a start a new game does it say 13.2 database cause mines does not say that
    No, there's no database changes afaik. Go to Game Status, there it should say 13.2.

24. Brian's Avatar BrianPremium Member
    Shelbourne Researcher
    Miles Jacobson ‏@milesSI
    I can't give you all mince pies through Twitter, but can let you know we've just released a match engine update for #FM13 - enjoy!

Hopefully that sorts out a couple of the bugs on this patch while keeping the improvements. Fair play to them for working through Christmas to release the update

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/339000
    Last edited by Brian; 24/12/2012 at 04:04 PM.
    GodCubed likes this.

25. just got the small update too!

26. Haven't got it yet, but hopefully it will come soon.

27. hopefully thats sorted a few things nothing there about defender positioning but hopefully thats been fixed, my defenders were terrible after the patch

28. legends si

29. played 4 games and it seems much improved now

30. Hey guys has anyone noticed if the ridiculous amount of long shots are back? Played a game against ICT and they hit 20 long shots in the game so I saved it reloaded and played that game again they then hit 15 long shots maybe it's my or their tactics as i like to restrict team to long shots but only the 5th game i have played since the hotfix.

Not a complaint haha just wondering if other people have seen the same?
    Hibee94 likes this.

31. Seems like the Russian version hasn't been updated yet as I haven't got any notification about it.

32. Quote Originally Posted by Drummondinho View Post
    Hey guys has anyone noticed if the ridiculous amount of long shots are back? Played a game against ICT and they hit 20 long shots in the game so I saved it reloaded and played that game again they then hit 15 long shots maybe it's my or their tactics as i like to restrict team to long shots but only the 5th game i have played since the hotfix.

This^, ruins my game

33. Some of the things that bother me since the update...

-retarted goalkeepers walking around dribbling the ball outside the area.

-defenders clearing the ball when they're not under pressure.

-midfielders passing the ball back to the keeper from midcourt even when you're one goal down in injury time.

-players with good passing and creativity skills don't play the "obvious" pass to the unmarked player in front of them, instead they passing to someone else resulting in loss of possesion.

-wingers in very dangerous positions inside the area instead of trying to play an assist to the striker in the center they want to win a corner off the opponents legs. (reminded me of last years match engine)

-players with decent ball control need to travel 10 to 15 meters to control a pass (usually going backwards to avoid opponents coming their way, which kills most of the counter attacks)
    mekitozito likes this.

34. when will the patch 13.2.1 available to FM13 Asia

35. The Main problem for me is the Runtime Error which has been caused by the latest Update, making networking Impossible, Not allowed to view each others games because the game crashes, Also the Insane slowness of match day games when we both have decent computers.

Hope for a Hotfix soon.

36. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummondinho View Post
    Hey guys has anyone noticed if the ridiculous amount of long shots are back? Played a game against ICT and they hit 20 long shots in the game so I saved it reloaded and played that game again they then hit 15 long shots maybe it's my or their tactics as i like to restrict team to long shots but only the 5th game i have played since the hotfix.

Long shots are marginally higher in game than in real life, by about 4-5%. And overall shots are slightly too high, so then if you are restricting them to long shots, they will probably take a lot. What would be interesting is if you could keep an eye on the crossing game of such teams.

37. Can anyone answer when 13.2.1 will be released for Russia?

38. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladis View Post
    Can anyone answer when 13.2.1 will be released for Russia?
    A question for SI, should roll out on steam automatically

39. i dont understand why my CBs are all of a sudden closing everyone down everywhere, regardless of tactical instructions.

Its infuriating to watch both CBs sprint out to the touchline to close down a winger, as well as my DLP and a FB. So there are 4 players frantically attempting to close wingers down (directly contradicting their instructions) pretty much constantly. And yet, the opposing team doesnt do the same. at least with the crossing in the old patch, both teams could score from it.

Plus, all of a sudden my goalie is TOTALLY retarded. watched two balls bounce off a post (after my CBS were out of position) hit my goalie in the back (artur borac, who perviously hadnt conceded in 346 minutes and then conceded 6 at home, then 4 at hoe, then 4 at away, to sides lower in the prem) and then just stand there for multiple seconds while the other team runs onto the ball and scores.

Set Pieces have also gone a bit bonkers. I EXPECT to be scored upon on corner kicks now.

disappointing. I was previously very happy with where the game was.

40. SMcManus84's Avatar SMcManus84
    First Team
    How do I thank si for all their hard work?Since the update 3 games played goals resulting from suicidal back passes 7.Before update played about 250 matches and I couldn't recall one of these events. cheers.Buying a new car next month, I wonder if it will come without a steering wheel or breaks or doors or seats and then over then next few months they will add these parts to my car, they won't fit tho, but eventually they will deliver the correct parts only for new model to released 2months later.....Shocking absolutely shocking!

41. Just feeling like SI have had a massive shit on there fans with this years game and the hot fixes is masquerading there fucking epic failure

42. Quote Originally Posted by MMEE View Post
    Just feeling like SI have had a massive shit on there fans with this years game and the hot fixes is masquerading there fucking epic failure
    So a developer releasing hotfixes and working tirelessly to improve their game is 'shitting on their fans'.

You know, sometimes I think SI just shouldn't release any patches at all. Ever. Because then people wouldn't complain about the game being 'unfinished' when in reality it is a finished game, but they're just working to improve it.

43. SI offices with Miles - "Well done team on FM 2012 biggest selling PC/Strategy selling game of the year, but were spending too much of are profit on game development sooooooooooooo im going tooooooooo let go of the game development team because times are hard and were in a desperate situation with the recession and all that, so welcome bubbles, Cheeta and Mr. Teeny as are new game development team! Am sure they will do a fantastic job on FM 2013 as MY match engine has been in development for 2 years.

44. tbh I would love it more if the games match engine viewer could be switched to a wall of text with the mathematics of what happens rather then having to view it.

'#9 receives ball. 14+13 (descions, Creaitivty) decides to Shoot for goal. 14+13+15+16 (Finishing, Composure, Decisions, Technique) vs Keeper rating of 20 + shot difficulty of 12 = Goal

might make it too cheaty though. Think people need to understand that the Game engine doesn't clarify a close miss or an insanly bad miss. It just calculates the miss. the 3D represents a miss that is horrible.

This game can't be FIFA or PES with it's 3D engine. It's too much mathematics going behind the scenes to be able to do that effectively.

45. WOW!! Dumbness personified! {GodCubed} "So a developer releasing hotfixes and working tirelessly to improve their game is 'shitting on their fans'.You know, sometimes I think SI just shouldn't release any patches at all. Ever. Because then people wouldn't complain about the game being 'unfinished' when in reality it is a finished game, but they're just working to improve it." If it's a finished game in reality? then why would they be trying too improve it lol, reality is SI have released a unbelievable amount of "hot fixes" this year because the match engine is very poor! NOT i repeat NOT Patches! You call yourself GodCubed?
    Last edited by MMEE; 26/12/2012 at 04:39 AM.

46. For anyone who doesnt like the match engine or what ever else in this game then dont ******* play it im so sick and tired of hearing these ******* **** stories personally i think its fine.Just my opinion.

47. well dont fucking comment on this post then if your sick off it! Im sick of people defending it when it's a very poor match engine! JUST MY OPINION!
    Last edited by MMEE; 26/12/2012 at 04:41 AM.

48. i just dont understand why they messed with this match engine on xmas eve when the game was perfectly fine, it was enjoyable and thats all that matters, now its just a bore fest with more watching the timer go by than actually seeing football being played, they shoulda just left it how it was and concentrated on the january transfer patch and done alot of reserch on players stats.

49. Quote Originally Posted by Veg1ta View Post
    i just dont understand why they messed with this match engine on xmas eve when the game was perfectly fine, it was enjoyable and thats all that matters, now its just a bore fest with more watching the timer go by than actually seeing football being played, they shoulda just left it how it was and concentrated on the january transfer patch and done alot of reserch on players stats.
    Did they tinker with the match engine on 24/12? what did they do u know m8,doesnt seem really that different to me still decent at least....

50. yes they nerfed shooting accruacy, heading accuracy , slowed down anyone running with the ball and the likly hood of that player actually running with it in the first place, just sucks simple as, been playing champ since 97/98.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO