Like Tree100Likes

UPDATE 13.2 RELEASED for Football Manager 2013
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

1. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator

• Neil Brock

Sports InteractiveJoin Date6th June 2005LocationGary Busey's dustbinPosts35,239

I’m very pleased to be able to announce the latest update for Football Manager 2013, 13.2 is now available. As always the update is save game compatible allowing you to continue your current save game, and we’ve provided a change list below.

To update you will need to close the game down and re-launch for it to update. If this does not work for you or you feel it has not updated you will need to restart Steam.

Once updated the version number will be 13.2, more specifically the full version numbers are listed below:

PC: 341019
      Mac: 341027

As with the previous updates there are no database changes, if you start a new game the database number will remain 13.0.0.

Also please bear in mind the two new challenges available for FMC mode will not immediately appear in the store as this may take around half an hour due to our product’s cache. You will also need to exit and re-enter the store to update the catalogue after this time.

So on behalf of everyone at Sports Interactive I’d like to take this opportunity to wish everybody a very Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays and we hope you continue to enjoy Football Manager 2013 long into the New Year!

• 19-12-2012 15:05
      Neil Brock

Sports InteractiveJoin Date6th June 2005LocationGary Busey's dustbinPosts35,239

Changelist 13.2

The new build includes, but is not limited to, the changes below:

PERFORMANCE

Fixed rare history crash in edited databases
      Fixed crash when closing game
      Fixed crash when changing language with holiday prompt on screen
      Fixed rare crash when asking backroom staff for team talk advice
      Fixed crash when using ‘Set for Release’ button

GENERAL

Fixed very low and negative attendances
      Fixed player becoming unhappy when promise is met
      Fixed takeovers disproportionately boosting club reputation
      Fixed erroneous fluctuation of tactic familiarity
      Improved long term lower league AI squad balance

COMPETITIONS & RULEGROUPS

Fixed Austria Cup final and EURO Cup final clash
      Fixed fixture congestion when reaching final of Bulgarian Cup and EURO Cup
      Improved confidence handling Belgian Pro League
      Fixed Brazilian State Championship start dates
      Fixed English league playoff venues
      Fixed Irish Premier and First Division format and scheduling
      Fixed Polish Ekstraslasa schedule
      Fixed Swedish pre-season scheduling

GUI

Improved speed when viewing previous fixtures
      Fixed skin reload clearing manager profile picture
      Fixed refreshing of coach star rating when coach leaves club
      Improved speed of team line-ups appearance pre-match
      Improved distinction between ‘Needs a rest’ and ‘Rested’ status flags
      Fixed scrollbar losing focus on individual training screen
      Fixed international shortlist being populated by player search
      Fixed international jobs not appearing in Job Centre

EDITOR

Fixed seeding by division reputation in custom cup
      Added ability to create leagues with uneven sub-divisions
      Fixed addition of Danish lower divisions
      Fixed sorting of German regions in custom competitions

FINANCES

Improved balance of lower league wage budgets
      Improved balance of non-league match day expense & income
      Fixed Italian tax levels in new games
      Fixed players increasing wage demands after user adjusts budgets
      Improved wage balance in Sweden

FMC

Added Financial Storm and Unrest at Home Challenges to Store
      Fixed cut off on Player profile Transfer Price tag graphic in certain currencies
      Added Player Training Progression graphic to the Player Profile screen
      Fixed Player silhouettes being recoloured on news items
      Added string to FMC Store to indicate unlockables are for FMC only.
      Fixed news item cut off for Team of the Week items
      Fixed old media inbox questions being asked incorrectly
      Fixed Transfer and Loan Listed status text appearing correctly on the player profile
      Fixed Progression Bar always being in the middle on Player Coach Reports
      Added reason for failing a challenge on the Challenge Result screen
      Fixed the possibility of being able to start new games or Challenges in 2011
      Fixed player wage demands when applying All players interested unlockable
      Fixed Squad Registration panel incorrectly appearing for clubs
      Fixed New Stadium Unlockable so that no loans are taken out to cover its costs

NEWS

Fixed calculation of “shock” cup defeats
      Fixed calculation of first league goal in news items

NETWORK

Fixed client being unable to join game with edited database
      Fixed assistant taking charge of team when loading save on match day

SCOUTING

Fixed scouts with full knowledge returning with no results

TRANSFERS & CONTRACTS

Fixed DoF repeatedly targeting uninterested staff
      Fixed rounding of figures used in clauses
      Improved balance of player interest in club vs wages
      Improved sale prices of low valued youth players
      Fixed club withdrawing loan offer when negotiations are met
      Fixed DOF not adhering to maximum amount when adding players to transfer targets
      Fixed exploit allowing acceptance of £0 bids
      Fixed trigger of wage after international appearance clause
      Fixed career games clause including appearances when out on loan
      Fixed being able to offer automatic one year contract extension in final season to young players

TUTORIALS

Fixed ‘Tutorial Master’ achievement
      Fixed ‘Learning the Ropes’ achievement

MATCH ENGINE (v 1324)

More improvements to on ball decision making and pass choice
      Improved central midfielder starting position when team is in possession
      Tweaked midfielder and attacker positions when team is defending
      Fixed a couple of bugs causing players to fail to turn to face required direction properly
      Improved facing direction of player marking opponent who is moving onto a pass
      Fixed bug allowing players being able to partially "go through" other players to get ball without being penalised
      Small tweaks to improve the way players move onto passes or loose balls
      Reduced some instances of closing down of keeper when clearly illogical in context of player and his instructions
      Cleaned up a few bugs that delayed retrieval of ball at set pieces or kick offs
      A bunch of ball physics fixes mainly related to collisions and ball spin after bounce
      Reduced slightly unrealistic ball to player deflections
      More improvements to pass choice AI
      Tweaks to run with ball and first touch AI
      Reduced tackles that end in own goals
      Some tweaks to basic central midfielder positions
      Fixed some dodgy marking at mid pitch free kicks
      Improved full back positioning when waiting for short keeper distribution
      Improved near and far post corner aim point
      Some further ball physics fixes and refinements
      Fixed goal not always given if ball stops just over goal line
      Fixed some rare instances of player collision avoidance failing
      Further refinements to pass AI
      Improved pass, shot or header accuracy logic
      Further improvements to player reactions to the ball
      Fixed defences staying to deep just after corner taken
      Refined player positioning when defending free kicks from wide
      Made players press more collectively and aggressively when required
      Improved positioning of defenders against attackers running at pace
      Refined tackling AI a bit
      Improved facing direction while marking opponent around own area
      Fixed some more keeper AI bugs
      Improved collision avoidance AI slightly
      Fine tuned ball trajectory chosen by player for kick, header etc.
      Fine tuned kick and header accuracy logic
      Fine-tuned pass and general on ball AI
      Tuned long shot frequency and AI
      Toned down pressing slightly in certain situations
      Improved marking and engagement of ball player in wide areas
      Tuned tackling AI further
      Couple of small fixes to player reactions
      Fixed some small player pathing anomalies
      Fixed a couple of goalkeeper AI anomalies
      Improved marking and engagement of ball player further
      Fixed some instances of risky keeper distribution
      Fine-tuned kick/header accuracy

Lee, Kris, thfc_09 and 7 others like this.

2. Lovely

3. Mach Engine updates

4. sweet, just logged on to steam

Seems to be loads of tweaks to the match engine which should silence the moaners for a good 15 minutes until they lose a game.
    Last edited by ben_toon; 19/12/2012 at 04:25 PM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by ben_toon View Post
    sweet, just logged on to steam

Seems to be loads of tweaks to the match engine which should silence the moaners for a good 15 minutes until they lose a game.
    15 minutes WITHOUT losing, as if!!

6. anyone noticed the difference in a match yet?

7. Thanks alot
    ahmed belarbi likes this.

8. Well, I was losing 2-1 to Blackburn with Aston Villa when I had a ...crash shall we say... and after the update I won 1-5...

However, I also got a shitload of new news messages from my subscriptions I never had before, about clashes between teams in the Jupiler League frex "Easy win predicted for SC Veendam" which I never got before, just more generic high level news items.

9. Happy!

10. yeah I'm getting 50 e-mails a day about predictions for every match in every league...anyone figured out how to fix this yet?

11. Quote Originally Posted by alexjp123 View Post
    yeah I'm getting 50 e-mails a day about predictions for every match in every league...anyone figured out how to fix this yet?
    Just unsubscribe from it on the right.

Played my first 3 games, won one 4-0 away at Sunderland with 3 goals from set pieces, then lost 4-0 at home to Chelsea with 3 goals from set pieces and one absolute belter of a goalkeeping error (very basic handling error). Has anyone else noticed anything similar with lots of goals from set pieces?

12. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post

• Fixed exploit allowing acceptance of £0 bids
    Now that I've updated the game could anyone tell me what this exploit was?

13. Quote Originally Posted by Cai1234 View Post
    I didn't noticed this. Only if...

14. gogogo golem
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Cai1234 View Post
    It wasn't very well known, I wouldn't know about it if I hadn't looked in the SI bugs forum but you could accept the demands of a club and then go onto change transfer offer set it to £0 but then not press the make new offer button.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Bowieinspace26 View Post
    Just unsubscribe from it on the right.

Played my first 3 games, won one 4-0 away at Sunderland with 3 goals from set pieces, then lost 4-0 at home to Chelsea with 3 goals from set pieces and one absolute belter of a goalkeeping error (very basic handling error). Has anyone else noticed anything similar with lots of goals from set pieces?
    IMO, set pieces where underrated in the previous patch. I only had 3 free kicks resulting on a goal, in 55 games!! And corners, i had 11 goals, 1st post routine with Vidic. Without Vidic, zero!

Now (don't have installed patch, still at work) i aim for the 2nd post and i don't get nothing, it's ridiculous!

If they are as you say, then we have to give it more time in training.

16. Quote Originally Posted by gogogo golem View Post
    It wasn't very well known, I wouldn't know about it if I hadn't looked in the SI bugs forum but you could accept the demands of a club and then go onto change transfer offer set it to £0 but then not press the make new offer button.
    When you accept, you say, which as no logic, since we want the money! What kind of exploit is that?

17. gogogo golem
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by apvmoreira View Post
    When you accept, you say, which as no logic, since we want the money! What kind of exploit is that?
    What do you mean? Here's how someone did it step-by-step:
    1. Make offer for player
    2. Get other team negotiating
    3. When they get back to you press 'Accept Demands'
    4. Then you press change transfer offer
    5. Put initial fee to £0 and remove all clauses
    6. Exit screen

I have to say how that worked I don't know.
    Last edited by gogogo golem; 19/12/2012 at 07:25 PM.

18. Quote Originally Posted by gogogo golem View Post
    What do you mean? Here's how someone did it step-by-step:
    1. Make offer for player
    2. Get other team negotiating
    3. When they get back to you press 'Accept Demands'
    4. Then you press change transfer offer
    5. Put initial fee to £0 and remove all clauses
    6. Exit screen
    Your words where misunderstanded. now i get it
    gogogo golem likes this.

19. I am reasonably pleased with the ME now...the flow of the game seems so much better!
    Three things though...
    I lost two an drew one
    My keeper is now throwing himself at EVERYTHING! Doesnt seem to matter how far the shot is going wide, he still does a "brilliant save to tip it round the post".
    When the oppositions winger/wide player has the ball near my touchline..all hell breaks loose in my defense! On four or so occasions my CB's, LB CM an anchorman have tried to close him down (which kinda ends up lookin like a chase scene from Benny Hill or abit like the conga dance) leaving 1 FB in the middle to mark 3 or 4 players lol
    Anyone else notice this? It may well be my tactics need a little tweakin to compensate, as this never happened before.

Other than that..it seems an excellent step towards a great ME

20. Quote Originally Posted by barakus View Post
    .When the oppositions winger/wide player has the ball near my touchline..all hell breaks loose in my defense! On four or so occasions my CB's, LB CM an anchorman have tried to close him down (which kinda ends up lookin like a chase scene from Benny Hill or abit like the conga dance) leaving 1 FB in the middle to mark 3 or 4 players lol
    Anyone else notice this? It may well be my tactics need a little tweakin to compensate, as this never happened before.
    Can you post the video?

21. I hope the issue is fixed regarding not being able to get a feeder club to boost rep in another country. I just won the Champions League with Hearts in 2020 and had this rejected twice every season. Just asked for it again... We'll see what happens...

22. Dont know if to be happy or sad about this patch, it seems good on paper but i just played a match where i was losing and my keeper decides to go crazy. He travels with the ball on his feets towards the middle line and almost gets to it then he passes to the enemy striker who luckily failed his half pitch shot, i ended up winning the match but this made me tear my hair out... literally... maybe i need a small break from this game until they finish patching it. Also while typing this i remembered another happening in previous match where one of my players was traveling with the ball and then passes 2 meters ahead of him to no one and forgot the ball was there, basically giving them the possession for no good reason at all

23. Quote Originally Posted by apvmoreira View Post
    Can you post the video?
    Dont have youtube account mate.

But went back thru my last game an tried to capture it...

UPDATE 13.2 RELEASED for Football Manager 2013-portsmouth-v-truro_-pitch-full.png

OK..it doesnt look as bad as i remember it, but still 4 players to close him down!
    Knox is my RB..the 4 players closing down are my 2 CB's, anchor an LB.
    I could understand the LCB going to help out, an maybe the anchor...but both CB's. This did happen a few times, but believe it or not this is the only time i conceded! They got lucky
    Last edited by barakus; 19/12/2012 at 08:10 PM.

24. Afraid to say when i play a online network game i still crash on viewing tactics or backrooom advice screen when joining an online game, please help me

25. Quote Originally Posted by Nisbet View Post
    I hope the issue is fixed regarding not being able to get a feeder club to boost rep in another country. I just won the Champions League with Hearts in 2020 and had this rejected twice every season. Just asked for it again... We'll see what happens...
    Rejected again... Total joke!!!

26. Quote Originally Posted by alexjp123 View Post
    yeah I'm getting 50 e-mails a day about predictions for every match in every league...anyone figured out how to fix this yet?
    Hehe, same here. You can unsubscribe on the right but hopefully that doesn't remove all relevant mails from that league/cup as I like it the way it was but getting predictions for every match for all leagues I'm subscribed to is a bit too much.

27. Since my update the game won't run for me. Anyone else having issues?

28. Just noticed thought would start new save wnt onto search list for players and found coentrao,varane,thiago,luiz,kroos,ramires,wilshere ,chambelain all there and will to discuss terms for contract and prices are bargains to!!!!!!

29. My tactics better still f*****g work!

30. Quote Originally Posted by apvmoreira View Post
    IMO, set pieces where underrated in the previous patch. I only had 3 free kicks resulting on a goal, in 55 games!! And corners, i had 11 goals, 1st post routine with Vidic. Without Vidic, zero!

Now (don't have installed patch, still at work) i aim for the 2nd post and i don't get nothing, it's ridiculous!

If they are as you say, then we have to give it more time in training.
    Yeah I agree for sure. I noticed first up that my free kicker taker could suddenly hit the target, but it wasn't direct free kick goals that were going in. It was ones from too far away where it was coming into the middle of the box, the keeper in poor position and the attacker scoring with a header. It was going for and against me so it's not a complaint as much as I'm wondering if anyone else found this. 4 free kicks and two long throws out of the 8 goals in two games, I've tried changing my defensive set pieces marking system to see if it's something tactical I need to look at now.

31. Wilshere (free kick attribute of 10) just scored 2 free kicks in 3 games for me... Before I'd be lucky to score from 1 free kick for all of 3 seasons with free kick 15+. Perhaps this is just luck, but I might consider getting good free kick takers now.
    nikidoug likes this.

32. Since the update, player profile screens are not showing up in the same way as before.

UPDATE 13.2 RELEASED for Football Manager 2013-2012-12-19_00001.jpg

Before the update, I had the full number of panels available, now just the 7 shown above. I've tried changing various setting in interface preferences but nothing yet (and haven't had any luck looking elsewhere). Any suggestions?

EDIT: Oh, and I should add that other screens where it automatically changes depending on screen size / resolution (such as the manager home screen) do seem to work still.
    CelticFan likes this.

33. My network game just crashed after 2 games... x_x

34. It seems to me that some graphics changed.

35. First game on the new patch, Man Utd at home vs Swansea. 28 shots (possibly my most with this tactic I've made) 9 clear cut chances (again probably my most) 57% possession (normally around 50 sometimes below) 87% pass completion (with this tactic it's normally 70-82) but only the 5 goals lol. If the patch continues this way, I'll love it!

36. Quote Originally Posted by XeNoNF50 View Post
    First game on the new patch, Man Utd at home vs Swansea. 28 shots (possibly my most with this tactic I've made) 9 clear cut chances (again probably my most) 57% possession (normally around 50 sometimes below) 87% pass completion (with this tactic it's normally 70-82) but only the 5 goals lol. If the patch continues this way, I'll love it!
    I've had the complete opposite, in my first 3 games on the new patch I've had almost 70 attempts on goal across all matches, I've scored 3 goals.....

37. Quote Originally Posted by JonoMUFC View Post
    I've had the complete opposite, in my first 3 games on the new patch I've had almost 70 attempts on goal across all matches, I've scored 3 goals.....
    I was getting annoyed because my players were missing clear cut chances (a lot of them) and scoring the harder chances.
    JonoMUFC likes this.

38. I think this update has messed FaceGen up, a couple of my regens look different =/

39. Quote Originally Posted by JonoMUFC View Post
    Also not impressed with defending. Just played my 2nd game. Scored 9 goals in 2 games, but conceded 5. 2 to Swansea 3 to Wolves... Still won both games but it's a bit ridiculous!

40. Playing as Newcastle, I'd gone 14 games unbeaten from the start on the season. Worked hard to create some decent tactics for myself. I logged on this evening to see the new update; I played one game, Man utd and lost 7 bloody nil
    I have never complained about this game as I love football and FM. But 7 nil
    I'd beaten Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal with my tactics and then...well you get the picture

41. These new match updates are nice. Very nice.
    craig curtis likes this.

42. Quote Originally Posted by alexjp123 View Post
    i'm sure some one has already told you - just unsubscribe.

43. Quote Originally Posted by barakus View Post
    Dont have youtube account mate.

But went back thru my last game an tried to capture it...

Attachment 292566

OK..it doesnt look as bad as i remember it, but still 4 players to close him down!
    Knox is my RB..the 4 players closing down are my 2 CB's, anchor an LB.
    I could understand the LCB going to help out, an maybe the anchor...but both CB's. This did happen a few times, but believe it or not this is the only time i conceded! They got lucky

You are not the only one mate. I am having same problem. Mine is slightly better but still its a bug. My CB decides to go out of position on the Wings to help out my Full back even when I can clearly see that my FB has got it covered. He is one on one with the opposition attacker, My CB does not care. He just goes out of position anyway and sometimes when the opposition attacker manages to put in a successful cross, I concede an easy goal because my near post CB is not there any more.

First I thought maybe the new patch messed up closing down on my CBs but it is the same as before and I have even tried reducing their Closing down instructions. Still CBs keep going out of position to the wings to join their mate Mr FBs for no reason.
    CelticFan and barakus like this.

44. Game still crashes when I close it.

45. Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
    Game still crashes when I close it.
    mine too

46. Quote Originally Posted by FarazAli View Post
    You are not the only one mate. I am having same problem. Mine is slightly better but still its a bug. My CB decides to go out of position on the Wings to help out my Full back even when I can clearly see that my FB has got it covered. He is one on one with the opposition attacker, My CB does not care. He just goes out of position anyway and sometimes when the opposition attacker manages to put in a successful cross, I concede an easy goal because my near post CB is not there any more.

First I thought maybe the new patch messed up closing down on my CBs but it is the same as before and I have even tried reducing their Closing down instructions. Still CBs keep going out of position to the wings to join their mate Mr FBs for no reason.
    yeah mate..im noticing it in more positions now (CB's), im thinkin maybe my 2 CB's are in love..their never more than 5 yards away from each other, which is good..until one decides he wants to close down one of their fullbacks on the halfway line an the pair of them are more forward than my midfield! its like the blind leadin the blind lol

Im happy theyve sorted out the defending though (no other probs than the one above), but for me theyve done it too well an the forwards seem to be nerf'd...well on my save anyways they seem to really struggle to find space an also cant hit a barn door!
    Pass accuracy seems alot better, meanin crap passers of the ball stand out more now..which probs means decisions mean more in the ME.
    Overall so far im impressed with what SI have managed this update..but it seems to me theres a few new created problems.

One thing that does spin me out, how is it possible for some players to have certain problems, an others have completely different ones? strange
    Last edited by barakus; 20/12/2012 at 05:36 AM.
    CelticFan likes this.

47. the update didnt fix any of the most obvious bugs, i still get a gamebreaking bug every game, although it's different every time now, but still at the same frequency. a lot of tactics simply do not have any effect, and there are still lot of player/ball interactions, or rather lack of. ive been putting the game on hold for last month hoping for a playable patch, looks like i might have to bin it for another 3 months, maybe then it will be playable without me having to ctrol atl del in rage over some fucking stupid ME bug
    CelticFan likes this.

48. why is my goal keeper flying round his area like superman? trying to save everything even when the ball is clearly going wide ? none of my tactics work properly now id finally managed to get one working not perfect but it was almost there now it seems yet again its back to the drawing board

49. just crashed twice in exactly the same spot...

50. and the game still feckin crashes so that hasnt worked has it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO