Like Tree6Likes

HELP! WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY GAME!?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. HELP! WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY GAME!?

Sorry for the long post, but hopefully you can understand my frustrations....

I want to start by saying it's taken a lot for me to finally write this post. I was a successful manager in FM12 but so far in FM13 the game is completely unplayable.

I first put it down to my own tactics and players, but I've since managed over 10 different teams from several top leagues in Europe and used so many different tactics, but my strikers can't score and my defenders can't defend?!!?

It's so consistent it almost seems like a glitch with my copy of the game.

For example with my Atletico Madrid save, I played 4 pre season friendlies with my full strength team and lost all 4: 3-4 , 0-2 , 1-2 , 1-3. ALL these teams I played were weaker teams. How is this possible?

And now with my Wolfsburg save I've lost the opening 2 friendly games 0-2 and 1-2. Both against lower divison teams. In the last game my team didn't even have a single attacking highlight. Not one in the whole game! As far as defending is concerned my players just stand off and stand off, they don't even tackle at all, and then just get run past.

I'm not even exaggerating. This has been the same for my past 10 saves including teams like Everton, Montpellier, Napoli, AC Milan..... Does anyone else have the same experience!?! I love football manager but this is close to stopping me from giving up the game completely.

2. Sorry to double post, but look at the following screenshot; my last game. Totally dominated by a weaker side?

HELP! WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY GAME!?-fmwolds.jpg

3. What formations are you and the opposition playing?

4. It IS down to your tactics! Most people are doing fine...

5. But then how come on FM12 the same formations were winning me the champions league with teams like Palermo and Napoli!?

Bear in mind I'm not using one tactic, I've tried several different formations and instructions.

The most common formations I like to use are the 4-5-1 with wingers or 4-3-1-2.

6. What Team Talks, Team/Player Instructions and Shouts are you using?

Also friendlies are good for nothing but morale boosts. So you cant really judge how well you are doing unless you have played competitive games.

7. gogogo golem
    Liverpool and Macclesfield Follows: Leicester City Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by nelmser View Post
    But then how come on FM12 the same formations were winning me the champions league with teams like Palermo and Napoli!?

Bear in mind I'm not using one tactic, I've tried several different formations and instructions.

The most common formations I like to use are the 4-5-1 with wingers or 4-3-1-2.
    Completely different ME. Changing too much destroys continuity and if you look at the tactical guides.
    RobbieToon1, Djzone and LChelsea like this.

8. yup probably your tactics, i just wont the CL and the premier league twice in a row and on for another...you cud just have shit players too :/
    gogogo golem likes this.

9. I've even used tactics downloaded from this forum and the same has happened?

10. gogogo golem
    Liverpool and Macclesfield Follows: Leicester City Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by nelmser View Post
    I've even used tactics downloaded from this forum and the same has happened?
    You still need to adapt and plug 'n' play is pretty much dead. One approach can't suit every situation.
    Djzone likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast