Like Tree11Likes

Is the new FM worth getting?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

1. Is the new FM worth getting?

I've heard a lot of bad thing about the new FM match engine, but is it really that terrible? What does it do? I mean will it produce freak results meaning your job is a lot harder, will it make people like Messi perform badly too often to be realistic? Or does it just make for a bad viewing?

Thanks for your help
    mld81 likes this.

2. gogogo golem
    Liverpool and Macclesfield Follows: Leicester City Modern Day Legend
    It's brilliant! Best FM to date by far. The match engine isn't bad, there are just lazy whiners who have had their plug 'n' play exploit tactics removed so they now expect the best tactics that are out there to download to win every game. However, if it doesn't have multiple approachs nothing like that's not going to happen and so they blame their losses on the match engine. I'm playing better than ever before on this FM. If you adapt and/or make new tactics or download someone else's tactics and adapt them.
    mld81 and bondj700 like this.

3. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Manchester United Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispc View Post
    I've heard a lot of bad thing about the new FM match engine, but is it really that terrible? What does it do? I mean will it produce freak results meaning your job is a lot harder, will it make people like Messi perform badly too often to be realistic? Or does it just make for a bad viewing?

Thanks for your help
    Opinion sways between broken and the best ever. It's probably leaning but closer to best ever. It's not perfect by any means, but its throughly enjoyable.

People will say many different things about, so I would say that its 50% on steam at the moment, so nows a good time to buy it.

4. SMcManus84's Avatar SMcManus84
    Man Utd & Burnham FC First Team
    Hasn't it had 6-7 patches already since the beta?!Says it all really.Should be £10.

5. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Quote Originally Posted by SMcManus84 View Post
    Hasn't it had 6-7 patches already since the beta?!Says it all really.Should be £10.
    Not sure how it does. It could have had one patch and been left at that. Or, they could do their usual old 3 patch strategy, and you then wait 3 years to get it to supremely stable. For FM12, see FM 10, unpatched. The game is a yearly release, the development cycle isn't though.
    Last edited by Mike.; 25/12/2012 at 07:58 PM.

6. SMcManus84's Avatar SMcManus84
    Yeah or it could have been alot better from release? This is gonna have a lot of patches, shouldn't have been 30-40 quid on release it was shocking.

7. SMcManus84's Avatar SMcManus84
    I hate it so much Mike...that's why I'm playing it now.

8. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Quote Originally Posted by SMcManus84 View Post
    Yeah or it could have been alot better from release? This is gonna have a lot of patches, shouldn't have been 30-40 quid on release it was shocking.
    I doubt it could have been much better, if they had waited till FM14, it probably would be in a better state, but many things need mass testing anyway, so lots of same problems would have cropped up even then ( strong case for more beta testers?). But then you'd have many people complaining there was no new match engine. Damned if they do, damned if they dont.

9. I have been playing the demo and have not been impressed.

...But I just downloaded the full version on Steam. I hope it goes better this time around.

10. Quote Originally Posted by gogogo golem View Post
    It's brilliant! Best FM to date by far. The match engine isn't bad, there are just lazy whiners who have had their plug 'n' play exploit tactics removed so they now expect the best tactics that are out there to download to win every game. However, if it doesn't have multiple approachs nothing like that's not going to happen and so they blame their losses on the match engine. I'm playing better than ever before on this FM. If you adapt and/or make new tactics or download someone else's tactics and adapt them.
    Well put mate, people just want it easy. Times change, so does fm, get with the program and adapt to the changes
    gogogo golem likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast