Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By aussie

Contract Negotiations.

1. Contract Negotiations.

Hi Guys.

Was just wondering if any of you had any tips or advice on how to get your players to accept a contract that is reasonable. For instance if my average wage is 3k and i am looking to sign a player but he wants 5k a week, i obviously cant afford that, but whenever i offer say 3.7k they just drop the demands to 4.9k or end negotiations. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Quote Originally Posted by mcsmokey_2k9:1659475
    Hi Guys.

Was just wondering if any of you had any tips or advice on how to get your players to accept a contract that is reasonable. For instance if my average wage is 3k and i am looking to sign a player but he wants 5k a week, i obviously cant afford that, but whenever i offer say 3.7k they just drop the demands to 4.9k or end negotiations. Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by frank70; 26/12/2012 at 07:35 PM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by frank70:1659517
    Quote Originally Posted by mcsmokey_2k9:1659475
    Hi Guys.

4. try raising team of the year, goal bonus, and app fee. this along with a high agent fee can sometimes do the trick.
    mld81 likes this.

5. Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    try raising team of the year, goal bonus, and app fee. this along with a high agent fee can sometimes do the trick.
    Thanks mate!

6. Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    try raising team of the year, goal bonus, and app fee. this along with a high agent fee can sometimes do the trick.
    Exactly this. For example, if they player wants an appearance fee in his contract and he is a rotational squad player then why not offer him more of an appearance fee and less wage demands? By working this out with a little bit of maths you could be saving yourself money for the duration of the contract as well as enabling the player to signing a new contract.

7. Also, if you're looking to sign a player who'll be around for a number of years (hopefully), then offer the longest contract possible. If you're only signing players to 1 or 2 year deals, they'll be wanting wage rises each time it comes to negotiate a new deal. Especially if you're a successful team, and/or promoting a lot. Common sense I know, but sometimes it doesn't occur to people, myself included in the past.

+ Reply to Thread