Like Tree2Likes

Players can't motivate themselves to play under me
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. Players can't motivate themselves to play under me

Any1 got any tips or help? Started the game at City and my ass man says 5 of my first 11 can't motivate themselves to play with me as the manager. Remember reading in one of the adverts for FM 13 somewhere that the game is great for newcomers to the series. How is this great when newcomers like me dont know what the fuck to do
    Last edited by DarloGeorge96; 27/12/2012 at 01:48 AM.

2. Its difficult to respond to this. I would need more information about your setup and what exactly youre doing to give any useful advice. But then again, it feels as if the purpose of this post is to vent frustration.

Not sure which youre aiming for.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

3. There could be many reasons why this is happening.

Your training regime, how you speak to the press, what you say to the press, do you praise wins, how do you react when you lose games, do you have a poor relationship with a lot of your players.

4. When you started what did you set as your past playing experience? If you selected sunday league the game treats you as just that - an former amateur footballer who is now a manager. In your case this means you have gone from playing in the park to managing an EPL club and natuaraly to start with the players won't respect you. All you can do is be succesfull and raise your rep then eventually they will start to motivate themselves to play for you and listen in teamtalks.

If you want to start at a top side and make it easier set your past experience higher eg former international footballer. The players will then likely respect your more although there are always exceptions...
    mld81 likes this.

5. My past playing experience is internation footballer to make it as easy as possible. We are only in pre-season and straight away half the team. MagicalMistakes, you said about my training its because during pre - season I always put it on very high but only for the first few weeks. Do you think I should start again and put it on high?

6. Found out that it is because of my past reputation even tho I chose International footballer. Is this from the new patch because this has never happened in the patches before? This is completly the wrong thing to do for new players like me

7. Quote Originally Posted by bondj700 View Post
    When you started what did you set as your past playing experience? If you selected sunday league the game treats you as just that - an former amateur footballer who is now a manager. In your case this means you have gone from playing in the park to managing an EPL club and natuaraly to start with the players won't respect you. All you can do is be succesfull and raise your rep then eventually they will start to motivate themselves to play for you and listen in teamtalks.

If you want to start at a top side and make it easier set your past experience higher eg former international footballer. The players will then likely respect your more although there are always exceptions...
    Exactly this. The selection of your past experience makes a big difference.

8. Quote Originally Posted by mld81 View Post
    Exactly this. The selection of your past experience makes a big difference.
    I chose International footballer and my ass man says its because of my past experiance that the players can't get motivated

9. Quote Originally Posted by DarloGeorge96 View Post
    I chose International footballer and my ass man says its because of my past experiance that the players can't get motivated
    I can only assume then that even with that selected as your past experience, it still isn't considered strong enough for the personnel at Man City.

10. Quote Originally Posted by DarloGeorge96 View Post
    What did you set as your nationality? Because I don't think the players will have as much respect for someone who played for San Marino as they would for a spanish international
    bondj700 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast