I have some questions that may make people understand the game better when it comes to making tactics.
1) When are ball playing defenders good to have as part of your tactic? What happens when you have 2 ball playing defenders and while having 2 wingbacks/fullbacks?
2) Is it good to have 2 ball winning midfielders?
3) Is it good to play both an advanced playmaker and a deep-lying playmaker in a 4-3-3 (1 cdm and 2 cm) and in a 4-2-3-1/4-2-3-1 deep? Will the midfield be lacking defensive elements by doing so?
4) Is it ideal to have symmetrical wingers (two inside forwards or two wingers, etc.)? Would it then be good to also have them in the same attack or support duties?
5) How do you get your AMC and ST to work together? What is the right type of pairing?
6) How do you emulate a False 9? What about a CF/Second Striker?
7) Is it useful to have an anchorman? Or is this only for really defensive tactics and defensive occasions?
8) How do you make sure your striker is your main scorer (when playing lone striker formations)?
9) Are formations like 3-5-2 and 4-6-0 and 3-4-4 ever used? Are they useful or flawed?
10) Does player personality have an effect on teammates in a match? If so, then would it be best to have several players that are "Leaders" or "Very Ambitious" or "Resolute" or "Professional", etc?
11) Is there anything that is currently flawed in FM13 or in the FM series as a whole?
12) What formations are good for what? 4-4-2 is balanced, but which are the counter-attacking formations and why? Which are the possession based formations and why?