Like Tree20Likes

Tottenham Hotspur Club Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by Raikan007 View Post
    Newcastle are extremely overrated this year mate they have a lot of cash as well
    I seem to think they're shit on it! Although some players are over rated, as you can get £5m for perch, £5m for Simpson.. £11m for Gutierrez I don't think they're worth that much at all.. In your spurs save, what exact tactics do you use? As i'm playing the first formation you suggested, but i can't seem to win. I done well pre season, but in the league, so far i've beat west ham 1-0. Got beat 3-0 by Chelsea and beat 2-1 against Newcastle. Although Bale has been injured so that could be why! And the only proper signing i have made is Hatem Ben Arfa to play instead of Aaron Lennon. Any more tips from you would be greatly appreciated mate.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Dale93Macca View Post
    I seem to think they're shit on it! Although some players are over rated, as you can get £5m for perch, £5m for Simpson.. £11m for Gutierrez I don't think they're worth that much at all.. In your spurs save, what exact tactics do you use? As i'm playing the first formation you suggested, but i can't seem to win. I done well pre season, but in the league, so far i've beat west ham 1-0. Got beat 3-0 by Chelsea and beat 2-1 against Newcastle. Although Bale has been injured so that could be why! And the only proper signing i have made is Hatem Ben Arfa to play instead of Aaron Lennon. Any more tips from you would be greatly appreciated mate.
    I am still messing around with a few new ones I am working on mate I have had success with a 433 (3 strikers) and 3 CM's so far.. but mainly developing a 451 (DM) at the moment

3. Quote Originally Posted by Raikan007 View Post
    I am still messing around with a few new ones I am working on mate I have had success with a 433 (3 strikers) and 3 CM's so far.. but mainly developing a 451 (DM) at the moment

Okay mate, i switched to a 4-4-2.. With attacking high up, wingers.. Once i changed to that i went unbeaten for about 8 games! So that's a decent formation for Spurs, only bad thing is, playing with 2 strikers when they only actually have 2 strikers at the club.. So there's no real back up. Other than youngsters!

4. Quote Originally Posted by Dale93Macca View Post
    Okay mate, i switched to a 4-4-2.. With attacking high up, wingers.. Once i changed to that i went unbeaten for about 8 games! So that's a decent formation for Spurs, only bad thing is, playing with 2 strikers when they only actually have 2 strikers at the club.. So there's no real back up. Other than youngsters!
    I bought Rodrigo and Ba mate

5. What is the name of the facepack and skin you are using? Looks very nice!

6. Loved playing with Spurs, in my 4th season with them now. Still can't win the league though, lost the league to Man City 3 times running by 2 points or so. Managed to get Falcao for £23mill second season too.

7. Also recommend Santon at left back. Averaging between 7 and 7.30 a game. Not bad for £7mill. Sorry for double post.

8. David Santon for around 7mill, worked wonders for me since I first signing him as Benny didn't want to sign a new contract.

9. As a spurs fan, this team is my first pick when starting on a new FM save. Won the league in the first season with only 2 transfers and 0 sales, locked the transfer on start up, and got Wellington Nem and Andreas Conelius from FCK ind the winter transfer. well into 4 season now. and atm im secound. season 2 i came in 3 place, but got to the semifinal ind champions league. and 2 place ind season 3, and only the quaterfinals in champions league..

10. Little tip:

If you are using the latest LFCMarshall Update, go to staff responsibilities and change the "let teams know player is available" or somethin along those lines to 200%

Offer out Tom Huddlestone for £17m and Assou Ekotto for £14.75m.

Liverpool will offer you £17m for Huddlestone and PSG will offer £14.75m for Assou Ekotto...

Little thing i found that could be useful

11. I'm a Spurs fan too, and this guide is very good indeed. Even if I didn't sign any of the recommended players, all the advices helped me in my first season. I managed to win the league with +8 on City, who unfortunately defeated me in the Europa League final. I've also lost the FA cup final against United. Bad luck I guess.

Thank you mate!

12. I usually use Arsenal (and have a Gunners save going atm) but I am tempted to give Spurs a go. I did in 2010 and it was v/good

13. My Spurs save so far!

So I decided to give Spurs a go and have just finished Pre-Season (now preparing for my opening day fixture against Arsenal) so I thought I would update on my progress and players bought and sold ect.

Players In:
    I have bought in a fair amount of coaches and scouts and also a lot of young players. Here are my signings so far,

Adryan £6.4m over 36 months, James Ward-Prowse £2.5m plus £4m in add ons, Luke Shaw £2.7m plus £5m in add ons, Wellington Nem £4m plus £10m over 48 months and Maximilian Meyer £2.1m.

I am still looking for a striker and have narrowed it own to Danny Welbeck who would cost £20m, Rodrigo £19m and Iago Aspas £8.75m. If I can raise the money I will take Rodrigo if not the Iago Aspas it is.

With very little to sell in the new patch I have accepted a £6m offer for Tom Huddlestone and a £2.5m bid for David Bentley. Will update more on formations ect later.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tottenham Hotspur Club Guide-adryan_-overview-profile.png   Tottenham Hotspur Club Guide-james-ward-prowse_-overview-profile.png   Tottenham Hotspur Club Guide-luke-shaw_-overview-profile.png  

Tottenham Hotspur Club Guide-maximilian-meyer_-overview-profile.png   Tottenham Hotspur Club Guide-wellington-nem_-overview-profile.png  

14. I bought Marek Hamsik,Fellaini and Leighton Baines, sold same players too... Any ideas the best formation having those players..?
    Do i have to use bale for AML or it works also as a ML..? Do i ruin his career as ML ?

15. I've played 2 seasons with spurs and always used 4-1-2-2-1 with sandro as a anchorman.that would work well with Fellaini as ball winner and hamsik as a playmaker next to him.I have micheal Bradley as ball winner and dembele next to him.u can play bale as a winger or inside forward on both wings.I play bale,Lamela and Sterling rotating as inside forwards.

I managed to win the league in my 1st 2 seasons and the Europa 1st season plus the champs league and fa cup in the second season.

16. That's what i am thinking...4-1-2-2-1 Should i prefer Winger or IF for bale? The tactict Balanced Control?? You achieved so much man...i just got 4th at 1st season,got to final at euro cup and to final at fa,no trophies though.

17. Quote Originally Posted by Tadeo View Post
    That's what i am thinking...4-1-2-2-1 Should i prefer Winger or IF for bale? The tactict Balanced Control?? You achieved so much man...i just got 4th at 1st season,got to final at euro cup and to final at fa,no trophies though.
    I've been using a 41221 or 433/451 formation with spurs with wingers not inside forwards. Its worked extremely well. Prem title, Champions league title, and FA cup all in my first season there and Bale finishing top scorer in a winger role.

Tottenham Hotspur Club Guide-screenshot-55-.pngTottenham Hotspur Club Guide-screenshot-56-.pngTottenham Hotspur Club Guide-screenshot-65-.pngTottenham Hotspur Club Guide-screenshot-66-.pngTottenham Hotspur Club Guide-screenshot-67-.pngTottenham Hotspur Club Guide-screenshot-68-.png
    Last edited by JP Woody; 25/03/2013 at 04:32 AM.

18. Thanks mate.I actually play Bale as a left winger but because I have Lamela as an inside forward on the right he can sometimes play on the right as an inside forward.

I play a fluid attacking formation with short passing.I'll put some pics up later when I figure out how to do it.sandro plays as my ancho man.isco plays as a advanced playmaker attack from the centre mid with either Michael Bradley or Denys Garmash next to him as a Bwm.

in tougher away maches I just change to control.just beat man u 4 nil away

19. You kept adebayor or bought another one..? I will test your formation...i will also try Total Evolution by Pentor which is similar.

20. I kept adebayor and Defoe and they were played as poachers but sold adebayor is the second season.I bought leandro damaio in the second season but I got Lewandowski on a free for the 3rd and played him as a dlf and it works better.so my 3rd season strikeforce is lewandowski,Rooney and Dybala.I've just signed Rooney for 9.25 in January and just gave him a 2year deal but he's ideal as a dlf

21. I can land lewandowski at winter,he usually goes unhappy,around 26m...I am thinking el shaarawy for right cause i dont trust lennon, or Holby as IF. Its a pity Manu already bought Zaha.
    Last edited by Tadeo; 25/03/2013 at 09:51 PM.

22. Go for Lamela from Roma.I got him 1st season for 17.5 and he's been perfect for an inside forward on the right.if funds are tight Knockeart from Leicester is a decent option.I notice he bangs a lot of goals in

23. I want to use winger on both sides,lamela is indeed a superb player but he remains an IF..thanks for ur advices.

24. No probs.Lennon will be fine then.he done well for me for 2seasons

25. I actually did very good with a basic 4-4-2 setup, and only 2 major transfers over 2 seasons

26. yeah 4-4-2 did good for me ckl considering bales the only good winger in the game ( or young anyway) and lennnon isnt far behind

27. during the first season a got navas from sevilia he is a good winger
    oli4567 likes this.

28. I retrained griezman and nem to play on the wings it took them so long dunno if that halted there progression

29. noTottenham Hotspur Club Guide-alex-oxlade-chamberlain_-overview-profile.pngTottenham Hotspur Club Guide-antoine-griezmann_-overview-profile.pngTottenham Hotspur Club Guide-gareth-bale_-overview-profile.pngTottenham Hotspur Club Guide-wellington-nem_-overview-profile.pngne of my winger have progressed much

30. Trying to bring wingers through my youth system but this is the best ive managed so farTottenham Hotspur Club Guide-lee-mckane_-overview-profile.pngTottenham Hotspur Club Guide-adriano-giovannini_-overview-profile.pngTottenham Hotspur Club Guide-pierre-roche_-overview-profile.png

31. I'm trying to have as many brittish players as possible but there ain't enough quality to have them all brittish.I also like cashing in on players getting older so rooney and Baines have been sold.

I managed to get Ter stegen on a free so Lloris was sold for £34 mill.I'll post up my team soon

32. I used Total evolution by pentor and got tremendous results...fa cup semi-final, won euro cup, won premier league... Bought leighton,fellaini and hamsik, also falcao at winter...I bought el shaaraway while he was unhappy and welbeck for 13m preparing for the next season, CL is my main target.
    Last edited by Tadeo; 31/03/2013 at 04:23 PM.

33. Cracking guide, well detailed. Think spurs are one of the easiest teams to manage this year. Sandro is amazing in DM!

34. started a new game managing tottenham.a beloved english team.this post helped me alot to be honest.so , first of all i bought bruno martins indi (feyernood-DL) cuz ekotto doesn't really seem to be that good for the first team.after the first few games i had scoring problems so i splashed the transfer budget to jovetic (36M) and halilovic (2.5M AMR).so the only thing i need to do now is to buy , as you too said , a backup MC cuz huddlestone isn't good enough. |greetings from greece|

35. great guide.. recently got FM for the first time (pretty shocking considering im a huge footie fan).
    this guide really helps me alot, as ive just started to manage spurs.

i signed Insigne from Napoli for about 10million and hes done amazing up front, scoring nearly every game, so i would highly recommend going for him.. hes quite young too

signed Tassi from Inter Milan for 1.6 mil.. definitely a purchase i recommend.. very talented 17 yr old

i tried selling Lennon in my first transfer window but no one was interested in him unfortunately.

i play a 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-1-2 system depending on the opponent. i like to line up like this;
    Lloris
    walker, vertonghen, dawson, assou-ekotto
    parker (cm) sandro (dm) dembele (dlp)
    Bale (T)
    Insigne Adebayor

or

Lloris
    walker, vertonghen, dawson, assou-ekotto
    sandro (dm) dembele (dlp)
    Holtby, Bale (T), Sigurdsson
    Insigne

36. Great posts here, starting with Spurs as they offered me a job when I started unemployed, bought in Morata for 7.5m from real Madrid, Meyer for 2.4m from Schalke, Costa on Loan from Villareal, Pianas from Barca on loan, and Niang from AC Milan on loan all 3 season long. Not sold any players yet, may well do when winter transfer window opens. I have on loan from team - Carroll, Parrett, Bostock, McEvoy, Ceballos, and Fredericks. Given Ward, Dombaxe, Coulthirst, Lameriras out on Free Transfers. Also used the Ambramovich fever and waited to see who would employ me Been fun to see which managers go where in this game

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO