Like Tree1Likes

How long are you playing a save for?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. How long are you playing a save for?

Due to not having much time to play on FM13, i've only got one save as my beloved Man Utd, it's 2019/2020 now and as things stand with the regens i have and the way the league now plays out, i'm set up for the next 8/9 years, and i'm starting to think as to whether or not i should look for a new challenge, i said to myself much like SAF that i want to win the ECC one more time before i quit but now i have and have no idea what to do. Just wondering how other people have done things, how far do you go as the big teams? and if you've decided you've done all you can in your current save, do you resign and find a new challenge in the current year, or do you start a new save altogether? also who has been your most enjoyable save with so far?

2. i cant play with the big teams. incredibly boring for me... atm i'm using blackpool. 1st season finished 2nd in championship=promotion. Second season 10th in BPL. 3rd season (just finished) 5th=europa league. this is the only way i find the game fun, making the team get promoted and make a major difference to them.

3. Quote Originally Posted by JamieFm91 View Post
    Due to not having much time to play on FM13, i've only got one save as my beloved Man Utd, it's 2019/2020 now and as things stand with the regens i have and the way the league now plays out, i'm set up for the next 8/9 years, and i'm starting to think as to whether or not i should look for a new challenge, i said to myself much like SAF that i want to win the ECC one more time before i quit but now i have and have no idea what to do. Just wondering how other people have done things, how far do you go as the big teams? and if you've decided you've done all you can in your current save, do you resign and find a new challenge in the current year, or do you start a new save altogether? also who has been your most enjoyable save with so far?
    To be honest, starting a save with Man U is not much of a challenge in the first place! Surely it's better to start further down the ladder and aspire to manage one of the big boys? In fact, I would go so far as to say that the game shouldn't allow you to manage one of the top teams straight away until you have experience and success with a lower league team. Maybe this is something SI should look into if they're striving for more reallity in the game.

4. Quote Originally Posted by SFolio View Post
    i cant play with the big teams. incredibly boring for me... atm i'm using blackpool. 1st season finished 2nd in championship=promotion. Second season 10th in BPL. 3rd season (just finished) 5th=europa league. this is the only way i find the game fun, making the team get promoted and make a major difference to them.
    I totally agree!

5. im like sfolio, in that i find managing the top teams boring..i guess some players prefer bigger challenges than others.
    Ive only managed two clubs so far, but over 4 saves. I started with Newcastle, played till christmas..placed 6th when things started to go wrong lol.
    started again with them with a few different tweeks to tactics an again got bored of the save...but was pleased with the tactics+strategy
    Went down to BSS with Truro, takein my newly tweeked tactics with me an started to enjoy the experience alot more! though i made some mistakes because of the transfer embargo they are under (released too many players to cut wage bill, which kinda back-fired).
    So i decided to start again, an after 3 an a bit seasons loved it!

I would recommend droppin down to a very small club to test your talents, an make yourself goals..like reach the league in 3 seasons an premier in 10 years. Now this is a challenge! Ive made league 2, but this is when i noticed a big difference in class!

I love the fact the club rep has grown, an turned proffesional...the stadium is now (or soon will be) over 4x the size, an all done on a meagre budget (except one massive payday away to chelsea in cup earned us 700k)!

I guess though..if i do succeed an turn Truro City into a euro power, id be resigning an looking down the leagues once again

6. Quote Originally Posted by Bladesman1963 View Post
    To be honest, starting a save with Man U is not much of a challenge in the first place! Surely it's better to start further down the ladder and aspire to manage one of the big boys? In fact, I would go so far as to say that the game shouldn't allow you to manage one of the top teams straight away until you have experience and success with a lower league team. Maybe this is something SI should look into if they're striving for more reallity in the game.
    Yeah i like this idea

7. One year, that's how long FM 2013 works for me. I get a crash on the 2nd of July 2013. Payed for a double-demo...

8. I like getting a BSS or BSN side to prem and euro and then start again, for some reason it's just much more fun for me I got aldershot town to prem then quit and took over at st Neots

9. having said that, i cant start with BSP/BSS/BSN teams. it gets boring sooo easily for me

10. I usually do 2-3 seasons tops! Unless I'm really into the save and taking a team up through the leagues, but if you are a prem team maybe 3 seasons. I like to play with as many teams as possible tbh that's why 3 seasons is normally a good amount of time, being a Villa fan i always start with them (which is a real challenge this year) and then start a new one with whichever team takes my fancy once I'm bored.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast