Like Tree28Likes

Game just not enjoyable...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

  1. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Peeters View Post
    Well...it was unexpected that this thread suddenly gets so many replies...but I am still having some questions unanswered, it's probably not for this thread but it has something to do with it. Is there anything I can read/look at to "learn" how to read an opponent's team? I know this:
    - Look at opponent's team who the star-player is
    - Look at opponent's team who the weakest link is
    - Look at weather-condition
    - Look at pitch-size
    - Look at how the goals get made
    - Look at how the goals get concede

    Is there anything else I am forgetting? I truly believe that a good analyse of "a problem" is the first and most important step to see what could get wrong, but it would be "better" for me (and I think lots of others) if we know what the points are that the pro's (like TheBetterHalf) look at. I read somewhere on a thread that TheBetterHalf only takes 10 minutes to look at the opponent his team to see their weaknesses, but it's really demotivating to try this and spending approximately an hour on this...and also lose. That's what is taking the fun away for me, not really knowing where to start to look and not knowing how to counter it.

    If this just seem like a pointless rant, please let me know, but I try to ask questions that can have a value for me and others...

    This is absolutely not a pointless rant. If anything its the first step in trying to move on

    I will give you links to some very very good threads to read:

    Sports Interactive Community

    Sports Interactive Community

    Sports Interactive Community

    What I would like you to do is post information based on this: Help Threads so we can get into your save in detail.
    Kris likes this.

  2. another moaning...sigh...

  3. Antesmu, that's par for the course - people will complain until the cows come home.

    Thankfully, I have got some good offers of help and support from people here. So we'll see what happens.

    I don't want to have to edit all my players to have 20 for everything... just yet
    Kenny Peeters likes this.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    This is absolutely not a pointless rant. If anything its the first step in trying to move on

    I will give you links to some very very good threads to read:

    Sports Interactive Community

    Sports Interactive Community

    Sports Interactive Community

    What I would like you to do is post information based on this: Help Threads so we can get into your save in detail.
    Because I would like to learn about the game itself and start "fresh" and not with an unbalanced team or anything, I will start a new thread where I basically do the same as TheBetterHalf in this thread:

    The Cardiff Project - Micro Managing a Team - by The Better Half

    Only difference being that it will be with another team and that the more tactical wizards can help to let me see things in different perspective. Two questions I have about this:
    - Where should I put it?
    - Isn't this a bit too detailed to "start" with?

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Peeters View Post
    Because I would like to learn about the game itself and start "fresh" and not with an unbalanced team or anything, I will start a new thread where I basically do the same as TheBetterHalf in this thread:

    The Cardiff Project - Micro Managing a Team - by The Better Half

    Only difference being that it will be with another team and that the more tactical wizards can help to let me see things in different perspective. Two questions I have about this:
    - Where should I put it?
    - Isn't this a bit too detailed to "start" with?
    Put it in the Tactic Discussion forum or here.

    I would go into detail BUT without too many screenshots. When you write down your thoughts, you will learn a lot, cut & pasting screenshots will only take up your time .

    I am going to finish ( or start a new) my project once the final patch is out

  6. So...like I said, I started a new thread to learn to micro-manage in Football Manager:
    Help on learning how to micro-manage in the game

  7. For a game many complain sooo much about this is how i am enjoying it after deciding to play the game actually
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Game just not enjoyable...-smooth-criminal_-news-inbox.png  

  8. Quote Originally Posted by zizunola View Post
    For a game many complain sooo much about this is how i am enjoying it after deciding to play the game actually
    What do you mean with: "to play the game actually"?

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Peeters View Post
    What do you mean with: "to play the game actually"?
    English is obviously not his/her 1st language so i think we can give him/her a break. I think he/she is just making the point that even though there are a lot of complaints about the game they're actually enjoying it and posted a screenshot to show their success.
    Lee and zizunola like this.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by JP Woody View Post
    English is obviously not his/her 1st language so i think we can give him/her a break. I think he/she is just making the point that even though there are a lot of complaints about the game they're actually enjoying it and posted a screenshot to show their success.
    Yeah, it is possible that English is not his/her 1st language, but that's why I asked to explain what he/she meant with it. Is it just that he/she plays the game or is he/she like, for example creating own tactis or stuff like that.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Peeters View Post
    What do you mean with: "to play the game actually"?
    Oh ok.. sorry for the late reply.. Errrmm well English aint my native language though cos am actually Ghanaian.. am from Ghana.. But that aside.. what i meant was i actually played the game.. it was an ambiguous comment to mean this time around.. i watch the full game observe pay attention to all small details.. I 1st started with a tactic here.. there are very good ones too.. i tweaked it to suit my team after watching matches.. i micro manage & handle squad harmony better.. Basically what am saying is i put myself in the game to actually play it not to just sit back , plug & play. When i lose i go through all mistakes.. the next match i try to change tactics if the need be based on the opposition hence my screenshot.. Its the 1st time am getting that from the media.. Actually i got 4 of those in my current season including the "Tinkerer" one.. Below:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Game just not enjoyable...-smooth-criminal_-news-inbox-2.png   Game just not enjoyable...-smooth-criminal_-news-inbox-3.png   Game just not enjoyable...-smooth-criminal_-news-inbox.png  

    Last edited by zizunola; 12/01/2013 at 10:56 PM.
    Kenny Peeters likes this.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by zizunola View Post
    Oh ok.. sorry for the late reply.. Errrmm well English aint my native language though cos am actually Ghanaian.. am from Ghana.. But that aside.. what i meant was i actually played the game.. it was an ambiguous comment to mean this time around.. i watch the full game observe pay attention to all small details.. I 1st started with a tactic here.. there are very good ones too.. i tweaked it to suit my team after watching matches.. i micro manage & handle squad harmony better.. Basically what am saying is i put myself in the game to actually play it not to just sit back , plug & play. When i lose i go through all mistakes.. the next match i try to change tactics if the need be based on the opposition hence my screenshot.. Its the 1st time am getting that from the media.. Actually i got 4 of those in my current season including the "Tinkerer" one.. Below:
    Well...I thought you meant that, but I was not sure about it well...I lately got irritated by losing every time. I like to play with a team that will not play champions without a problem so I lost A LOT and got sacked a lot. That was why I made this thread, it was basically a rant from myself and a cry for help. I found a post from TheBetterHalf where he/she started explaining on micro-management and I basically "copied" that idea and doing the same for my team. I even started a new save for this, because I wanted to start fresh. But I am really new to the micro-management idea so maybe you can give me some pointers, if you want?
    zizunola likes this.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Peeters View Post
    Well...I thought you meant that, but I was not sure about it well...I lately got irritated by losing every time. I like to play with a team that will not play champions without a problem so I lost A LOT and got sacked a lot. That was why I made this thread, it was basically a rant from myself and a cry for help. I found a post from TheBetterHalf where he/she started explaining on micro-management and I basically "copied" that idea and doing the same for my team. I even started a new save for this, because I wanted to start fresh. But I am really new to the micro-management idea so maybe you can give me some pointers, if you want?
    Micro management is when you basically do EVERYTHING. From looking after players through to well....everything. Imagine an RTS game where you look after everything from soldiers to money.like that but a football version-it's the whole 9 yards. tactics,morale, money everything. It's something that requires the utmost attention and patience. It's where common sense comes into it basically
    zizunola likes this.

  14. But basically The Better Half and Raikan pretty much give the best advice when it comes to tactics, and JP Woody has a really good tactic going. Definately worth taking their advice on board though at the same time, I wouldn't disregard what other people say either.

  15. I am a friend to the media as a result of this too.. i make sure i comment always, partake on transfer deadline day.. I always get to praise or condemn my players.. try to watch full matches.. , etc.. do individual training to build what i want my players to gain.. in attributes. try to see the tactics that caused my opponents most issues & develop one to use against them.. i dont change overtime though

  16. This is like one of those

    "Married sex is not enjoyable anymore."

    What married sex?! O_O

  17. Quote Originally Posted by slbenficacoach View Post
    This is like one of those

    "Married sex is not enjoyable anymore."

    What married sex?! O_O
    Well to be fair, FM 13 is far less stressful compared to marriage. It's hell. I'm glad I got dumped when I did now- I got lucky. I get to watch Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, Star Trek, Stargate etc in peace and quiet without the constant nagging. And I get to watch Everton without the bitching when things go tits up

    I'm a nerd on a nomads path and it's fantastic
    slbenficacoach likes this.

  18. Man, couldn't have said it better sad truth is that most of them are just not worth it, FM is more faithful, and it doesn't bitch!

    Quote Originally Posted by ajt09 View Post
    Well to be fair, FM 13 is far less stressful compared to marriage. It's hell. I'm glad I got dumped when I did now- I got lucky. I get to watch Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, Star Trek, Stargate etc in peace and quiet without the constant nagging. And I get to watch Everton without the bitching when things go tits up

    I'm a nerd on a nomads path and it's fantastic
    ajt09 likes this.

  19. Well, an interesting development....

    I decided to think 'sod it' and went ahead with the game. Lost the next five games and then...

    .. the game crashed!

    Incompatible file or something.

    However, since re-loading FM2013, the game has been far better behaved - the players actually can control a ball and not take forever to clear a ball. I'm getting more shots on goal and won 8/10 games in the season thus far.

    Some strange things though - I was due to play Slimbridge in a friendly as Gloucester City, and Gloucester played in their away kit of light/dark blue. Slimbridge's home colours are all blue, yet Gloucester's home kit is yellow and black. Surely I should have played in the yellow and black colours?

    I am also frequently getting 50 yard shots in on goal - a Le Tissier/Metgod type goal every game on average!

    However, in my last game, I conceded a penalty (was the right decision) and the ball went straight through my goalkeeper. Literally a ghost ball!

    Still, it's improved, so I'm happier than I was...

  20. Team Cohesion is/should be your number 1 Pre Season Methodology (Very High)

    Dont change your tactics all the time, it will crumble all of your hard work already.

    Build a tactic that will best fit your team, not just one u want to use

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO