Like Tree28Likes

Game just not enjoyable...
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

1. Game just not enjoyable...

I tried everything, I did everything, I lose everything...too bad the other way around (tried nothing, did nothing, lose nothing) isn't that successful too. I've searched on the internet for everything
    - Analyzing opponents
    - Analyzing own team
    - How to create tactic
    - How to set training
    - How to set opposition instructions
    - How to exploit the weakness of opponent
    - How to use shouts

I don't know where it all goes wrong...and I just keep buying the game because I like to play it but I obviously suck at it. I like the game, but I don't have fun with it. It just seems like you have to quit your hobby's and quit your day job to overanalyzing something, just to win a game.

I would LOVE to know what the learning curve for this goddamn game is, because it's taking too damn long !

Losing again...because defenders make a fault they learn NOT to make in youth training
    - Stay off the ball if you can't touch it good enough to get it anywhere save
    - Don't defend to the center
    Last edited by Kenny Peeters; 05/01/2013 at 01:49 AM. Reason: In game evolution

2. Alot of problems people have is that they are too impatient with what they have to work with. I had a problem where I was constantly overhauling my tactics because it failed for 2 or 3 games. Here's what I would suggest:

1. Find a basic formation and stick with. Constantly tweaking your formation and tactics never works well for me.
    2. When you sign a ton of new players, it takes a while to adjust. I believe Chemistry is a strong hidden feature in this game. It takes a while for guys to get used to playing with each other. I have some of my worst seasons after I sign a bunch of new players. They usually don't start playing well together until halfway through the first year.
    3. Pay attention to morale. Get low morale guys out of lineups, and get high morale guys in. Teams with confidence play better.

Nothing flashy here, just keep it simple and I think you'll find more success. I personally enjoy the little bit of struggle. To me, these guys who take their Blue Square clubs up to the Premiership in 5 seasons is not my idea of fun or realism. I have no interest in "super tactics" that unrealistically steamroll squads that are much more talented than mine.

3. have you tried FMC, slimmed down game mode that may suit you.
    OoscotsmanoO likes this.

4. Yup, patience is a big thing in this game. I'm currently playing as Vitesse Arnhem manager, and initially my 4-1-2-1-2 tactic was failing horribly, but I knew I had the right personnel for it to work. If you go to your tactics page and look at the familiarity your team has with your formation, I personally find once it gets to around 3/4 familiarity my team plays a lot better. I only managed 5 points in my first 5 games, which considering we're touted as title contenders is not good. Since then, and sticking with the same tactic, our performances dramatically improved, and we're now top of the league half-way through the season.

I know the temptation to chop and change is there, especially when your team expectations are high, but just stick it out for a little bit. If it doesn't turn around, then you really know it's time to try something different. But not after a small stretch of games.
    Benniewijs likes this.

5. I've enjoyed this game less than other FM's.

No matter what the mods say, it is not a fair or balanced game.

6. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Manchester United Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonP12 View Post
    I've enjoyed this game less than other FM's.

No matter what the mods say, it is not a fair or balanced game.
    The match Engine is the same for user and AI. No matter how much you say otherwise. This is a fact stated over and over. You can choose not to believe it, but you'd be wrong. Unless of course you are openly calling the makers of the game liars.
    Hyper, Benniewijs and Djzone like this.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    The match Engine is the same for user and AI. No matter how much you say otherwise. This is a fact stated over and over. You can choose not to believe it, but you'd be wrong. Unless of course you are openly calling the makers of the game liars.
    Maybe so, but I don't know how you "program" a ME of AI, but it's normal that something programmed can make a series of "right" decisions.

But, if you have "experience" in the game, I do believe you can succeed with (almost) anything you want in the game.

8. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Peeters View Post
    Maybe so, but I don't know how you "program" a ME of AI, but it's normal that something programmed can make a series of "right" decisions.

But, if you have "experience" in the game, I do believe you can succeed with (almost) anything you want in the game.
    Anything the AI can do, you can do, and usually much better too. The AI has got better, but its simply not on our level, not by any means.
    mld81 likes this.

9. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    Anything the AI can do, you can do, and usually much better too. The AI has got better, but its simply not on our level, not by any means.

Where I would start is head over to the SI forums, and read some of the threads by Cleon and Wwfan in the tactical section there, or have a look at some of the tactical threads by thebetterhalf here

10. What team have you chose for a start?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast