Like Tree36Likes

Update 13.2.2 Released - No ME changes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. Update 13.2.2 Released - No ME changes

NOTICE THAT THERE HAS BEEN NO CHANGES IN THE MATCH ENGINE.

THIS IS AN UPDATE FIXING CRASHES AND THE ISSUE WITH SPEED PLAYING ONLINE. AS SOON AS SI FEEL THEY HAVE A PATCH READY WITH ME CHANGES, THEY WILL RELEASE THAT ONE TO

Here is a quote from Neil Brock, Sports Interactive

"UPDATE 13.2.2 RELEASED for Football Manager 2013

I’m very pleased to be able to announce the latest update for Football Manager 2013, 13.2.2 is now available. As always the update is save game compatible allowing you to continue your current save game, and we’ve provided a change list below.

To update you will need to close the game down and re-launch for it to update. If this does not work for you or you feel it has not updated you will need to restart Steam.

Once updated the version number will be 13.2.2, more specifically the full version numbers are listed below:

PC: 342835
    Mac: 342857

As with the previous updates there are no database changes, if you start a new game the database number will remain 13.0.0.

Many thanks.

change list 13.2.2

- Optimised match processing speed for network clients
    - Fixed crash during processing linked to co-ownerships
    - Fixed crash during processing linked to missing stadium data
    - Fixed state saving of staff responsibility setting for match preparation (FMC)"
    Last edited by TheBetterHalf; 08/01/2013 at 10:35 AM.
    Sean, Kris and iNickStuff like this.

2. spanky123
    thats a suprise its not as if the M.E needs fixing :/

3. Quote Originally Posted by spanky123 View Post
    thats a suprise its not as if the M.E needs fixing :/
    WEll, if these totally gamebreaking bugs have been fixed and the ME issues are yet totally fixed, do you think SI should wait with releasing it, so those playing Online cant play ?

4. Most boring update ever. It should really be called 13.2.1.1

5. spanky123
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBetterHalf View Post
    WEll, if these totally gamebreaking bugs have been fixed and the ME issues are yet totally fixed, do you think SI should wait with releasing it, so those playing Online cant play ?
    im quite happy to wait for the M.E update if their working hard on fixing the bugs it would of just been nice to have atleast the long shots fixed for me thats the only thing thats spoiling it

6. Quote Originally Posted by spanky123 View Post
    im quite happy to wait for the M.E update if their working hard on fixing the bugs it would of just been nice to have atleast the long shots fixed for me thats the only thing thats spoiling it
    The thing is though, that players taking longshots is an knockon effect of players around the ballholder NOT taking runs, making movement. This also effects the way that the whole defending team just backs off when a player is coming against them with higher pace. WEhen this issue has been tweaked, both the "crossing bug and shooting bug" will be toned down.
    dzunglv likes this.

7. I just finished my first match and the game felt not the same.
    The number of longshots has gone down.
    The midfielders are more bold and they try to pass the ball forward instead of always playing the "safe back pass".
    A lot of shots hitting the posts also.

It seems to me like someone turned back the clock and i'm playing the previous update.

I also had a ridiculous decision from the refery, dissallowing a goal for offside on the player inside the yellow circle!!

Update 13.2.2 Released - No ME changes-1860-m-nchen-v-stuttgart_-pitch-full.png

Here are the stats...
    Update 13.2.2 Released - No ME changes-1860-m-nchen-v-stuttgart_-stats-match-stats.png

8. Bud, you played one match. That's a pretty small sample size to accuse the SI staff of lying, wouldn't you say?

9. Is it just me, or has the unwanted list stopped working with this update? I put players on it, and nothing happens. It doesn't even start offering them.

10. The FMC training bug is fixed thank f**k!!
    TheBetterHalf likes this.

11. What they should be addressing from me and at least millions of other FM13 users is,why has the online rubbish not been sorted,never mind any of this other bulls***
    To be annoyed right now is a major freekin understatement!!!

12. Quote Originally Posted by r1niceboy View Post
    Is it just me, or has the unwanted list stopped working with this update? I put players on it, and nothing happens. It doesn't even start offering them.
    yeh ive notriced the same,u add them and it does jack ....

13. Quote Originally Posted by steff_fae_larky View Post
    yeh ive notriced the same,u add them and it does jack ....
    I started a new game and it worked, but went back to another save and it didn't. Adjusting the setting didn't help.

14. Quote Originally Posted by evilweevil666 View Post
    Bud, you played one match. That's a pretty small sample size to accuse the SI staff of lying, wouldn't you say?
    I never accused anyone actually....
    I just said that the first match felt different and showed you the stats.

Yes, it was only one match.
    After that the ME started producing the same familiar crap we all know!
    This is the next match...

Update 13.2.2 Released - No ME changes-d-sseldorf-v-1860-m-nchen_-stats-match-stats.png

(I watch my matches in "full', so all the stats are produced by the ME in real time...)

15. Quote Originally Posted by longshadow View Post
    I never accused anyone actually....
    I just said that the first match felt different and showed you the stats.

Yes, it was only one match.
    After that the ME started producing the same familiar crap we all know!
    This is the next match...

Attachment 298561

(I watch my matches in "full', so all the stats are produced by the ME in real time...)
    Fair enough, you didn't exactly accuse them, but it felt strongly implied. The long shots thing is interesting, since I've never had that problem. I find some of the off the ball movement infuriating (defenders not going for 50-50 balls, etc.), but I've never had too many long shots. Maybe it's just because I don't watch enough of the highlights.

16. Thank God there are no ME changes.. I've literally only just made a tactic that actually works well against the current ME..
    I always make decent tactics then wihtin a few days there are some ME changes and my tactics become more and more inconsistent..

17. Quote Originally Posted by Fatal548 View Post
    Thank God there are no ME changes.. I've literally only just made a tactic that actually works well against the current ME..
    I always make decent tactics then wihtin a few days there are some ME changes and my tactics become more and more inconsistent..
    I think the current ME is worse than the 13.1.1 ME. The long shots are a joke, it seems the more they fiddle with it the more problems they seem to create.
    priority76 and barakus like this.

18. Is it just my shitty computer, or does nobody else's FM games look nearly as good quality as those shown in the picture from LongShadow ?

19. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JP Woody View Post
    I think the current ME is worse than the 13.1.1 ME. The long shots are a joke, it seems the more they fiddle with it the more problems they seem to create.
    See I'm the other way round, I did not like how it easy it was to bypass a defence with a wide through. The longshots were a very nasty knock on from the dribblers. Also off the ball movement can be improved, its all a knock on from issues in decision making. The problem isn't really number of longshots, but why they take the long shot in the first place.

I think they missed it in the rush to get it out before Christmas, so i hope they take a longer time over it. But you can still also minimise it, the issue is much worse if you are not creating space and avenues to attack for your players, so even if the issues are sorted, if people are not doing this in their approach they will still see excess shots.

I would say its about 75% ME 25% tactical. You can minimise through well crafted approaches, but there will time times when there is nothing you can do until the issue is sorted
    Eds and kj94c like this.

20. it's not even downloading through steam, how do i get the update manually?

21. Quote Originally Posted by mikefleet View Post
    it's not even downloading through steam, how do i get the update manually?
    Its steam only. If you have been online with steam all the time, there is a good chnace that its already updated

Check the game status, does it say 13.2.2 ?

If not, then quit FM, restart Steam and mak sure that you are online with it and and let it update it for you

22. Quote Originally Posted by JP Woody View Post
    Most boring update ever. It should really be called 13.2.1.1
    For me it's not boring m8. I can finally play the game, it doesn't crash on July 2nd 2013 anymore. For me and other thousands of players this might be the best update ever

23. Quote Originally Posted by palladino86 View Post
    For me it's not boring m8. I can finally play the game, it doesn't crash on July 2nd 2013 anymore. For me and other thousands of players this might be the best update ever
    Don't take me seriously mate. Most of my comments are tongue in cheek. Glad its improved your game experience.

24. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    See I'm the other way round, I did not like how it easy it was to bypass a defence with a wide through. The longshots were a very nasty knock on from the dribblers. Also off the ball movement can be improved, its all a knock on from issues in decision making. The problem isn't really number of longshots, but why they take the long shot in the first place.

I think they missed it in the rush to get it out before Christmas, so i hope they take a longer time over it. But you can still also minimise it, the issue is much worse if you are not creating space and avenues to attack for your players, so even if the issues are sorted, if people are not doing this in their approach they will still see excess shots.

I would say its about 75% ME 25% tactical. You can minimise through well crafted approaches, but there will time times when there is nothing you can do until the issue is sorted
    I dont watch the matches, I play the game the old fashioned way looking at text and stats. The last ME seemed much more stable to me with teams having about 8-12 shots a game. Now teams are having anything up to 50 shots a match, thats just crazy. I know its other issues causing this but im still confused. This can't of been properly tested before they released it.

25. Damn...this def woke me up! Then i saw what the update was about...I think im gonna go back to sleep!
    Not sayin its hopeless update, just hopeless for me.
    But has someone else has said id much rather them to take their time with the next one, an properly test it before releasing
    Cant wait to see what it does..and see what other problems arise lol
    ALL i want them to do really is make it so my players do what i want them to do..like if i want my wide players to dribble, they dribble, even if they get tackled all the time! I know its alot easier said than done!
    Keep up the good, if sometimes ok work SI

26. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by barakus View Post
    Damn...this def woke me up! Then i saw what the update was about...I think im gonna go back to sleep!
    Not sayin its hopeless update, just hopeless for me.
    But has someone else has said id much rather them to take their time with the next one, an properly test it before releasing
    Cant wait to see what it does..and see what other problems arise lol
    ALL i want them to do really is make it so my players do what i want them to do..like if i want my wide players to dribble, they dribble, even if they get tackled all the time! I know its alot easier said than done!
    Keep up the good, if sometimes ok work SI
    Yep, its much easier to spend more days testing, than release it early and then have to try and fix knock on issues.

27. Having just compared FM12 and FM13 side by side I have to admit how much more realistic FM13 is, except, of course, for the long shot bug and players running away from 50/50 and even 60/40 challenges!

Having admitted that FM13 is more realistic, I also have to say that it's a lot less exciting as a result of the added realism.

Plug and play tactics no longer work. Tactics have to be specifically created and tailored to a particular team, players and even opposition. Which makes the tactics downloads on this site fairly irrelevant, unless, of course, you're lazy enough to always go with Man U or Barca for your save!

I have found that team talks and opposition instructions are now much more important, as in the real game, and cannot be totally ignored, as was the case for most people with previous versions of the game.

Even though I have still only managed to get past the first season once in my 9 saves so far, I am beginning to enjoy the game more. Each update slightly improves the experience and hopefully, in the near future, all the major bugs will have been removed. However, it would have been better had SI not been in such a hurry to rush the game out before xmas and concentrated more on thorough testing in order to release a more polished product. It should not have been left to the paying customer to do the testing for them, which was obviously the case and very lazy!
    Last edited by Bladesman1963; 09/01/2013 at 12:39 PM.

28. So has this solved the online problem then? If so giving serious consideration to doing an online match at some point now that I have my game issues rectified

29. it says no match engine changes ok on fm12 you tick the box long shots rarely which means they do it rarely i can except 1-3 long shots as rarely since this patch has come out rarely to fm means 20 -30 per half thats not rarely...! no fm 13 is supposed to be realistic im a sheff utd fan i follow league 1 football for my sins and i can tell you now this wouldnt happen in any league 1 game in real lifeUpdate 13.2.2 Released - No ME changes-brentford-v-coventry_-pitch-full-2.png im coventry and all my players are ticked long shots rarely and before this patch i would have 5-6 a game after the patch im having 15-20 every game why?

30. Quote Originally Posted by Adi1974 View Post
    it says no match engine changes ok on fm12 you tick the box long shots rarely which means they do it rarely i can except 1-3 long shots as rarely since this patch has come out rarely to fm means 20 -30 per half thats not rarely...! no fm 13 is supposed to be realistic im a sheff utd fan i follow league 1 football for my sins and i can tell you now this wouldnt happen in any league 1 game in real lifeAttachment 298929 im coventry and all my players are ticked long shots rarely and before this patch i would have 5-6 a game after the patch im having 15-20 every game why?
    They can only take realism so far.......I just had Michael Doyle get Man of the Match in my last Blades game!.....get your finger out SI! On the other hand, Dave Kitson tore his hamstring and is out for 3 months, plus all my left-backs are on on the injured list too!

This will mean nothing to anyone outside Sheffield.....but it really is art immitating life!
    Last edited by Bladesman1963; 09/01/2013 at 03:04 PM.

31. micheal doyle lol are you sure lol

32. Quote Originally Posted by Adi1974 View Post
    micheal doyle lol are you sure lol
    Totally sure! How unrealistic can they get!

33. I don't know why so many people are complaining about the ME when there has been far worse out there in the past, for example:

Championship Manager 2010 engine - a disaster - YouTube

34. Quote Originally Posted by mld81 View Post
    I don't know why so many people are complaining about the ME when there has been far worse out there in the past, for example:

Championship Manager 2010 engine - a disaster - YouTube
    To be fair that's Championship manager though, were discussing Football Manager which is a far superior game.

35. Quote Originally Posted by JP Woody View Post
    To be fair that's Championship manager though, were discussing Football Manager which is a far superior game.
    I know but still a valid point, it is fm and not cm so less to complain about.

36. The M.E discussion is boring now from my point of view,if you dont like it simple if you do like me,great.But what i would say its a computer game remember and not bloody real life,and it is ten times better than CM if you ask me which was a shambles if there everwas one!!!

37. Quote Originally Posted by steff_fae_larky View Post
    The M.E discussion is boring now from my point of view,if you dont like it simple if you do like me,great.But what i would say its a computer game remember and not bloody real life,and it is ten times better than CM if you ask me which was a shambles if there everwas one!!!
    Exactly, if people think fm 2013 is bad, just play cm.

38. anyone know when the ME update will come out or the latest update after Jan? wanting to start a new game but prefer it being updated before..

39. is this for real?

I have been getting over 24 shots per game, regardless of opposition and regardless of home or away..

45 is by far the most I have ever seen before and usually, pre season friendlies, especially against Asian teams and US teams are pretty tough regardless...

Update 13.2.2 Released - No ME changes-busan-v-man-utd_-untitled-post-match.png

40. Quote Originally Posted by Bladesman1963 View Post
    Totally sure! How unrealistic can they get!
    HEY! Nothing wrong with Michael Doyle, he's my next door neighbour ill have you know

41. Quote Originally Posted by Raikan007 View Post
    is this for real?

I have been getting over 24 shots per game, regardless of opposition and regardless of home or away..

45 is by far the most I have ever seen before and usually, pre season friendlies, especially against Asian teams and US teams are pretty tough regardless...

Attachment 300721
    Welcome to the long shot bug.
    Raikan007 likes this.

42. when is the new patch going to be released?

43. Quote Originally Posted by Raikan007 View Post
    when is the new patch going to be released?
    What is the best tactic ?
    Raikan007 and contramaestre like this.

44. hhahaa, lol fair enough!

45. can someone give me link, I can't find it
    thanks in advance

46. Quote Originally Posted by zeleni View Post
    can someone give me link, I can't find it
    thanks in advance
    read the instructions in OP

47. The most annoying things for me is the fact:

1) The defenders just like to watch the other team play and never seem to make a tackle.

2) A simple through ball and your defenders watch the ball and think "What do I do now?"

3) My wingers always drifting inwards and taking shots even though they are set to run the wing.

I can deal with long shots, but it does get annoying when Carrick has the ball 30 yards out, Hernandez makes a run and all Carrick would have to do is tap it to him and Hernandez has a one-on-one...but instead he thinks he's superman and tries an effort from 30ish yards out and it goes as close to the goal as the M25 is as close to Old Trafford....

48. Fact that people like - JP Woody, Raikan007, and The Better Half, have noticed major flaws in the game should be

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/footb...nt.html?pp=100

that was at release time, and to be frank, the new long shot coupled with the ball watching are a bit old and making me a bit tired..

I am so sorry, I was meant to quote not edit your post, I do apologize mate..
    Last edited by Raikan007; 24/01/2013 at 07:15 AM.

49. Quote Originally Posted by FM Nutter View Post
    The most annoying things for me is the fact:

1) The defenders just like to watch the other team play and never seem to make a tackle.

2) A simple through ball and your defenders watch the ball and think "What do I do now?"

3) My wingers always drifting inwards and taking shots even though they are set to run the wing.

I can deal with long shots, but it does get annoying when Carrick has the ball 30 yards out, Hernandez makes a run and all Carrick would have to do is tap it to him and Hernandez has a one-on-one...but instead he thinks he's superman and tries an effort from 30ish yards out and it goes as close to the goal as the M25 is as close to Old Trafford....
    I don't understand :-
    1. Why my wingers and strikers always try to long shot rather than passing the ball, my instruction and tactical is that they should long shot rarely
    2. Why my defender always just run near the ball but not get the ball? just let the ball get by the opponest
    3. There are too many unnecessary running of my players

50. So that's why my post is no longer up.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO