Like Tree33Likes

What the hell is wrong with finances in this game!?
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

  1. What the hell is wrong with finances in this game!?

    So far I have managed three teams on this game; Manchester United (BETA), QPR and Brighton both recently. At Man U I was given 60 million to spend after my first season; and only 20 million, with no excess wage budget, after my second. This was after I had won the league once and champions league twice.

    At QPR after a season finishing in 10th place- respectable considering their real position- i was given only 8 million and again a limited wage budget to spend to attempt to improve the side. Bear in mind QPR spent 20 million on players after just one season in the league last year.

    Finally, I took Brighton to the play- off final where I conceded a stupid goal from a cross that somehow went in to the net, and then got beat in the penalties. I thought, OK I can improve the side in the summer and push for promotion next year. Then I was given 350K and no wage budget! I mean how unrealistic can these budgets get? They're completely off par in comparison to the kind of money spent in real life. For example, Brighton spent a million in the summer and 3.8 million the year before.

    Before you SI ars- lickers start saying I'm over budget or not handling wages properly (because in real life managers negotiate every contract, even staff, and handle every facet of finance- NOT) I have been under budget and cautious in every save.

    Finance is just one of the many problems with this game but I dont have time to go into those annoyances we all know about but which continue to be ignored by SI. I am pitifully disappointed with this game, it's a massive step down from FM 12 and even less realistic. I will definitely be downloaded the in game finance editor from FM scout, it's the only way to ensure proper finances. I will give myself 5 million to spend with no wage excess- a realistic amount of money I think for a team like Brighton who have a 30 000 seater stadium and a fairly rich owner.

    Rant over.

  2. 'The most realistic football simulation game in the world'- Bollocks.

  3. I got 14 million with Brighton after I won the Npwr in season 1...

  4. Quote Originally Posted by pipodeclown View Post
    I got 14 million with Brighton after I won the Npwr in season 1...
    I actually don't believe you. It can't just be my computer or screwing me over r something. Why would Brighton be given 14 million when I was given only 8 with QPR.

  5. Well, did you spend all that money during these seasons ? If so, would you say that there are still lots of money in the club to finance transfer budgets as big as the previous seasons ? Are the clubs looking to earn money or loose during the season etc etc ?


    The Brighon scenario is naturally a bug. If it's with he latest patch, I would contact SI as no club would have zero wage budget.
    bondj700 likes this.

  6. to be honest this is by far the best FM game i have played, lots of amazing little bits and bobs and i ave no probs with the ME or finances....but everyone is diff
    Scotty98TR, bondj700 and nconst like this.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Djzone View Post
    to be honest this is by far the best FM game i have played, lots of amazing little bits and bobs and i ave no probs with the ME or finances....but everyone is diff
    If it weren't for the little problems here and there it would be a great game. It just annoys me that I have to download an external financial editor, when it's updated in a few days, to enjoy it.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by TheBetterHalf View Post
    Well, did you spend all that money during these seasons ? If so, would you say that there are still lots of money in the club to finance transfer budgets as big as the previous seasons ? Are the clubs looking to earn money or loose during the season etc etc ?


    The Brighon scenario is naturally a bug. If it's with he latest patch, I would contact SI as no club would have zero wage budget.
    I joined mid season after getting sacked by QPR in my second year. I checked the previous transfers and the manager had spent 3 million and the budget has gone down to 350k. There is also 3 mil in the bank, but the way money seems to fall out of the accounts in this game i wouldn't be surprised if this went in about 2 weeks.

    There's no point in me contacting SI, they won't do anything.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by webbmt12 View Post
    I joined mid season after getting sacked by QPR in my second year. I checked the previous transfers and the manager had spent 3 million and the budget has gone down to 350k. There is also 3 mil in the bank, but the way money seems to fall out of the accounts in this game i wouldn't be surprised if this went in about 2 weeks.

    There's no point in me contacting SI, they won't do anything.
    Ok

  10. #10
    Hi, I'm an SI arselicker

    There are other things to take into account aswell. Ambition of the chairman, how much he has of his own money, how much money comes into the club aswell as going out, tv money, and also how good he is financially. As gameplayers we have no idea whatsoever what happens behind the doors of a club financially-only what comes out in the press. There's going to be an absolute tonne of stuff to consider

    Hope that sheds a bit more light
    Last edited by ajt09; 08/01/2013 at 09:18 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What am I doing wrong with managing Blackpool at the moment??
    By fribbsy in forum FM 2011 General Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01/06/2011, 01:47 AM
  2. What the hell is wrong with my midfielders and forwards?
    By GerGrana in forum FM 2011 General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 14/04/2011, 09:05 PM
  3. What the f... is wrong with my players
    By Aarrestad in forum Football Manager 2011 Tactics & Training
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01/03/2011, 10:39 PM
  4. What the hell is wrong with my team??
    By daisuke in forum FM 2011 General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 18/02/2011, 11:23 AM
  5. what the hell is wrong with fm
    By aldorain in forum FM 2011 General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29/01/2011, 01:16 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO