Like Tree3Likes

Head of Youth Development
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

1. Head of Youth Development

Hi guys, I picked Phil Cannon as my Head of Youth Development, he's got great stats and I had seen several people recommend him on here, but in the three years that I have had him, we have only brought two players above 0.5 star potential through the academy, which isn't really satisfactory.. Anyone got any ideas as to how I can fix this? Playing as Crystal Palace I have a good academy structure so I'm a bit confused.

Cheers!

2. Celtic First Team
    That's not down to youth Head of Youth Development. That's down to your Youth Recruiting network.

3. Quote Originally Posted by FootballManagerG0D View Post
    That's not down to youth Head of Youth Development. That's down to your Youth Recruiting network.
    As he said, that isn't down to the HoYD, the HoYD is basically an Assistant Manager/Director of Football but for your youth players

4. Ah ok thanks, so what positions do I need to look at filling/upgrading in order to sort this out?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Scotty98TR View Post
    As he said, that isn't down to the HoYD, the HoYD is basically an Assistant Manager/Director of Football but for your youth players
    I thought the Recruitment attribute of HoYD (and other under 18 coaches) also played a part in quality of youth intake? Otherwise whats the point of it?

6. Celtic First Team
    Quote Originally Posted by bondj700 View Post
    I thought the Recruitment attribute of HoYD (and other under 18 coaches) also played a part in quality of youth intake? Otherwise whats the point of it?
    a Head of Youth will only bring in players, if this has been set as one of his responsibilities. He has nothing to do with intake through your clubs own academy, he can sign youth from other academies though.

7. Yea I have FAVINI and he signed a 5 star potential regen for me

8. Quote Originally Posted by FootballManagerG0D View Post
    a Head of Youth will only bring in players, if this has been set as one of his responsibilities. He has nothing to do with intake through your clubs own academy, he can sign youth from other academies though.
    Not according to this.

Staff Roles | Football Manager 2013 Guide

First point is what you are talking about - making offers for young players. Last point is what I meant - Brings youth players into club

9. Quote Originally Posted by bondj700 View Post
    Not according to this.

Staff Roles | Football Manager 2013 Guide

First point is what you are talking about - making offers for young players. Last point is what I meant - Brings youth players into club
    Yes, The Head of Youth Singels out and picks the players that are brought into the U-18. The quality of the pool of players he has to pick from is purely up to your Youth Recruiting network though so even if having a marvelous HOY, he can only pick the best of what is known to him.

On this Topic, I think that most people dont actually look at their U-18 coaches and if they are good enough (or if you actually have any.) If you seriously want to develop players, you need to to get good coaches here to and not just for ther First team
    Last edited by TheBetterHalf; 11/01/2013 at 08:07 AM.

10. Thanks for the replies everyone, so improving the coaches should solve this problem, BetterHalf? I don't get how to improve the youth recruitment network..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast