Is this regen any good?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Is this regen any good?

    Just signed this lad for my Doncaster career from Burnley (325k in compensation).

    Didn't manage to bring in any quality regens through my own youth intake, apart from a goalkeeper, so used the remains of my transfer budget on the best young player who'd enter contract discussions with me.

    I've never been into this developing regen stuff as I've never played the game that long so want to see what I can do with him. He's only 1* at the moment, but has 5* potential which is promising!

    What do you guys think and how should I go about bringing him into my team? I was thinking of keeping him at the club because of my good training facilities and using him as a sub and seeing how he does.

    Is this regen any good?-mark-serrant_-overview-profile.png

  2. Quote Originally Posted by A idan View Post
    Just signed this lad for my Doncaster career from Burnley (325k in compensation).

    Didn't manage to bring in any quality regens through my own youth intake, apart from a goalkeeper, so used the remains of my transfer budget on the best young player who'd enter contract discussions with me.

    I've never been into this developing regen stuff as I've never played the game that long so want to see what I can do with him. He's only 1* at the moment, but has 5* potential which is promising!

    What do you guys think and how should I go about bringing him into my team? I was thinking of keeping him at the club because of my good training facilities and using him as a sub and seeing how he does.

    Attachment 300065
    To be honest mate, he doesn't look that good. And since the star system is based on players you already have, when you start improving that potential rating will drop fast. Think you've wasted your money to be honest mate, sorry

  3. Quote Originally Posted by Scotty98TR View Post
    To be honest mate, he doesn't look that good. And since the star system is based on players you already have, when you start improving that potential rating will drop fast. Think you've wasted your money to be honest mate, sorry
    I never knew the star rating was based on the other players in your team! Thanks for that, haha.

    Yeah, he's not the best in all fairness but was the best I could get being Doncaster manager. All the best ones won't enter discussions with you or sign for bigger clubs Will have to hope I bring in better players next year!

  4. Work on short-term for now -bring in players on loan or cheap, older good quality players- 'till you get in the prem and have stayed away from relegation, then start planning for the future.

    Despite how they play, I have loads of respect for Stoke City because of the way they planned getting into the prem and improving every year!

  5. Just brought him on as a sub in the 65th minute and he managed two assists so there's hope atm!

    Yeah, like I said I never sign regens so this was just a one off thing to see how good I am at developing younger players. Gonna' upgrade my youth facilities soon as the board extended my scouting network to Europe during pre-season so might be able to find some better players hopefully.

    What year are you in on your save? There's a young lad already at the club called James Husband and was wondering if you could see how he's doing on your save and where he is atm?

  6. Quote Originally Posted by A idan View Post
    Just brought him on as a sub in the 65th minute and he managed two assists so there's hope atm!

    Yeah, like I said I never sign regens so this was just a one off thing to see how good I am at developing younger players. Gonna' upgrade my youth facilities soon as the board extended my scouting network to Europe during pre-season so might be able to find some better players hopefully.

    What year are you in on your save? There's a young lad already at the club called James Husband and was wondering if you could see how he's doing on your save and where he is atm?
    This is 2014/15. I'll get a scout report, but as I said that will be based on my own players
    Is this regen any good?-2013-01-13_00004.jpgIs this regen any good?-2013-01-13_00005.jpgIs this regen any good?-2013-01-13_00006.jpg

  7. Scout report of him:

    Is this regen any good?-2013-01-13_00007.jpg
    Says he'll become a decent premier league LB, and would cost me at least £2m so you should try to keep him

    (This scout has 100% knowledge of England, and has 20 in judging potential and current ability, so it's reliable )

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Scotty98TR View Post
    Scout report of him:

    Attachment 300150
    Says he'll become a decent premier league LB, and would cost me at least £2m so you should try to keep him

    (This scout has 100% knowledge of England, and has 20 in judging potential and current ability, so it's reliable )
    Cheers for that mate! Yeah, he's got good potential but he's so inconsistent I've signed another LB so I can drop him when he hits bad form.

  9. He's not bad that regen. What is his personality on his information page? If he has high professionalism you could be onto a winner just by giving him playing time. If his professionalism is low it would be worth tutoring him.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Bowieinspace26 View Post
    He's not bad that regen. What is his personality on his information page? If he has high professionalism you could be onto a winner just by giving him playing time. If his professionalism is low it would be worth tutoring him.
    Just loyal mate. Judging by his stats, would you play him as a winger or a striker? I've tried both and he's scored a goal and three assists so unsure to be fair haha!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Should I Buy This Regen...
    By Munroe in forum Football Manager 2011 Who Should I Buy/Sell?
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 17/05/2011, 06:38 PM
  2. Would This Be A good Idea
    By TommoNewton in forum FM 2011 General Discussion
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 13/02/2011, 07:11 AM
  3. Patch 10.3 regens incredibly good but expensive
    By Geenius in forum Football Manager 2010 Players
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09/05/2010, 06:22 AM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 24/07/2009, 08:45 AM
  5. Check this regen :)
    By danny.t in forum Players
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 16/05/2009, 10:05 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO