Like Tree4Likes

Questions for preferred player moves?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

  1. Questions for preferred player moves?

    Hi guys.

    In training my Manchester United side with the optimal preferred moves, I'm looking into for instance Nick Powell at the moment, and trying to remove his "Runs with Ball Often", since I mainly use him in his natural position as a M(C), and as I understand it, it's better to have him unlearning this move, seeing that he never runs with the ball in this position (playing a short, attacking 4-4-2 formation). But when I'm in the "View player's development" screen the "New Preferred Move" button is greyed out. Why is this, and how can I then learn/unlearn him new moves?

    Thanks a lot.

  2. is he currently being tutored?

  3. Nop, he's not. Screenshots attached.

    Questions for preferred player moves?-np_prof.pngQuestions for preferred player moves?-np_trai.png

  4. you are in the off season mate, he must be on holiday?

  5. Omg, embarassed... I wasn't aware that I wasn't able to change training when he's on holiday though. Thanks for the tip.

    But in terms of unlearning a move. Do I have to choose a move that counters the one I want him to unlearn, or is there an "unlearn button"?

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Alaza View Post
    Omg, embarassed... I wasn't aware that I wasn't able to change training when he's on holiday though. Thanks for the tip.

    But in terms of unlearning a move. Do I have to choose a move that counters the one I want him to unlearn, or is there an "unlearn button"?
    hahha, don't stress mate

    you have to ask him to unlearn it, there is the option! however, nearly 99% of players are reluctant to unlearn any of their PPM's so good luck..

    you could just ask him to learn "comes deep to get ball" to try and counter the above mentioned one..

  7. He actually already has "comes deep to get the ball". Is there another way to counter it?

    And a supplement question: Phil Jones has the "Dives into tackles", which I wanted to complement with the "Mark Opponent Tightly". However, when asking G. Neville as a coach to train him in the move, he suggested another one (can't remember which), and said that we probably woudn't be able to learn the "Mark Opponent Tightly" move. I did choose it anyway though, but is there any chance of succes?

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Alaza View Post
    He actually already has "comes deep to get the ball". Is there another way to counter it?

    And a supplement question: Phil Jones has the "Dives into tackles", which I wanted to complement with the "Mark Opponent Tightly". However, when asking G. Neville as a coach to train him in the move, he suggested another one (can't remember which), and said that we probably woudn't be able to learn the "Mark Opponent Tightly" move. I did choose it anyway though, but is there any chance of succes?
    there is no countering of PPM's, the only thing is to set the players individual settings to the opposite:

    eg: set his run with ball slider to NEVER or SOMETIMES

    dives into tackles should be unlearned all the time, its a bad PPM to have!

    I doubt he will learn it mate..

  9. His player tactic is to run with ball at never, but as I could understand here:

    Player Preferred Moves | Football Manager 2013 Guide

    It says that it should be unlearned, if he's instructed to never run with the ball.

    How come the "Dives into Tackles" is bad to have? He's got 12% yellow cards (6 in 48 matches) and a tackles won percantage of 77%. Isn't that decent?

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Alaza View Post
    His player tactic is to run with ball at never, but as I could understand here:

    Player Preferred Moves | Football Manager 2013 Guide

    It says that it should be unlearned, if he's instructed to never run with the ball.

    How come the "Dives into Tackles" is bad to have? He's got 12% yellow cards (6 in 48 matches) and a tackles won percantage of 77%. Isn't that decent?
    thats not bad at all mate, I just don't like it personally

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Quick question about preferred moves
    By bennyk in forum Football Manager 2012 Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 30/11/2011, 01:41 PM
  2. Question on homegrown players.
    By Reggaezal in forum Football Manager 2010 Players
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 27/08/2010, 02:27 PM
  3. Question about training players,
    By Joeycookson in forum Football Manager 2010 Players
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 13/08/2010, 06:59 AM
  4. Wenger defends youth player moves
    By BBC Sport in forum English Football
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10/09/2009, 06:56 PM
  5. Ex-Stoke player moves to politics
    By BBC Sport in forum English Football
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25/02/2009, 11:00 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO