After taking great interest in Bornexplorer88's chairman game, I have decided to create my own for the Liga BBVA!
First and foremost, I would like to give a very big thanks to Bornexplorer for allowing me to use his thread as a template for mine. All credit to him!
LIGA BBVA Chairmen!!!The clubs not in bold above are still avaliable for anyone to take part, however, you must at least be of Backup status (next to your name) before you are allowed to participate. ALSO, please provide a name for your chairman.
1. Athletic Bilbao - Bornexplorer88 - José María Olazábal
2. Atletico Madrid - NathWalker - Nathan Walker
3. Barcelona - Adam Gutteridge
4. Celta Vigo
5. Deportivo La Coruna - Akash - Mauro Silva
6. Espanyol - Shell Beach - Andras Borai
7. Getafe - Jordan59 - Nigel Thornberry
8. Granada - MadRo - Leonardo Di Caprio
9. Levante - Inquisition - Alejandro Estrada
10. Mallorca - T1LL13 - Scott Tillie
11. Malaga - StokieScott - Scott Lochrie
12. Osasuna - Tezzz - Terry Dunne
13. Rayo Vallecano - giorgi kinkladze
14. Real Betis - Wonderkid360 - Bin dere dun dat
15. Real Madrid - KaiRooney - Santiago Munez
16. Real Sociedad - rj789 - Ron Burgondey
17. Real Valladolid - LewisDevlin97 - Lewis Devlin
18. Real Zaragoza - Jakebcfcsotv - Jake Thomas
19. Sevilla - Scarps - Speedy McGeady
20. Valencia - Revolution
Rules and Regulations!
As with Bornexplorers game, there will be two rolling threads. The other thread shall be created and then posted here once the game is full. This thread is to be used for sign-up, rules, any questions to me and general chat about the chairman game.
Thread Two (Scarps' Liga BBVA Chairman Game - The Story Thread!) shall be used as the story part of the game, where you can do you press conferences, announce transfers, and basically where you act as the chairman of your respective club. Thread Two is where I will be posting any game updates, data and screenshots. All posts in Thread Two MUST be posted as if you are the Chairman.
Inactivity + Basic Rules:
If you are entering into this game, you are required to regularly check BOTH threads for updates, as well as read and respond to your PM's. By joining this game, you also accept that you have read and understand all rules.
Inactivity will result in you being removed from the game and someone else being allowed into the thread. Inactivity is judged by me and me alone, and is not up for dispute. However, if you provide me in advance with a reason for inactivity, then no action will be taken against you.
Anything that you want to do, or any transfers etc you want to post onto the story thread, must be sent to me in a PM and can only be posted once I have confirmed it with all affected chairmen.
You may sack your manager at any time, but will be required to pay out the rest of the contract in full.
Only realistic managerial appointments will be allowed, so it is not possible to bring Pep Guardiola to Stoke. The same rule applies for other positions too.
(The Manager rep must be lower than Club Rep +5%)
You are allowed to set your transfer and wage budget to whatever your heart desires, however you do risk running into financial trouble if you set them at a rediculous level.
Transfer Rules:(big thankyou to Bornexplorer)
1) To sign a player from another team in your league you must contact the Chairman of that team and agree a value with them via PM. (You can then calculate their wage using one of the rules below) Both Chairmen will then need to PM me with the agreed amount, and once I have confirmed it then you can announce the transfer in the thread.
2) The number of players that you can sign is limited to the following:
Transfers between clubs in the league - Unlimited
Loans between clubs in the league - Unlimited
Transfers from clubs in your nation, below your league - 5 per season
Transfers from foreign clubs - Maximum of 2 in the Summer, maximum of 1 in January.
Loans from foreign clubs - 2 per season
Free signings - 3 per season
Transfers of youth players* from foreign clubs - Maximum of 1 in the Summer, maximum of 1 in January.
*A youth player is classified as a player aged 18 or under and valued at below £2,500,000*
3) The price of players is as follows:
Transfers between clubs in the league - Agreed between Chairmen
Transfers from clubs in your nation, below your league - Double the players current value
Transfers from foreign clubs - 2.5 times the players current value
Transfers of youth players from foreign clubs - Double the players current value IF they have not represented their nation and have played less than 10 senior games for their club. Four times the players current value if they have represented their nation or have played more than 10 senior games.
If players are transfer listed or have a release clause, then they will be taken into account and the lowest amount will be used as the purchase price
4) If there is a player that you want to sign on a free transfer then you must PM me their name. Then at the end of the transfer window I will put them all in the thread and there will be a blind auction. By that I mean every Chairman can submit contracts to the players, these offers will be sent to me via PM. After the auction has finished the players will join the team that offers him the highest contract.
5) You may release any players from their contract at any time, but will have to pay the remainder of their contract to do so.
6) If you wish to sell players then you need to post them in the thread as available. Other Chairmen can then make offers for them if they wish. If they are not sold to another Chairman in the league then I will set them as transfer listed in the game, this does not guarantee that they will be sold however.
This is quite complicated, so please read it carefully.
The wages that players will be signed on will vary depending on the player you're signing and the club that you're at.
The length of wage is default at 4 years for all players, or 2 years for any player at or over the age of 32.
You can offer longer/shorter contracts if you wish, However the minimum length of wage is restricted to the same time as what they have left on their current contract, and to a maximum of 5 years.
Predicted League Position of 1st to 6th:
Player aged 18 of less - 1.75 times current wage
Players aged 19 to 32 with less than 10 international caps - 1.75 times current wage
Players aged 19 to 32 with more than 10 international caps - 2 times current wage
Players aged 33 or over - 1.5 times current wage
Players from own nation - 1.5 times current wage
Predicted League Position of 7th to 14th
Players aged 18 or less - 1.5 times current wage
Players aged 19 to 32 with less than 10 international caps - 1.5 times current wage
Players aged 19 to 32 with more than 10 international caps - 1.75 times current wage
Players aged 33 or over - 1.25 times current wage
Players from own nation - 1.25 times current wage
Predicted League Position of 15th to 20th
Players aged 18 or less - 1.25 times current wage
Players aged 19 to 32 with less than 10 international caps - 1.25 times current wage
Players aged 19 to 32 with more than 10 international caps - 1.5 times current wage
Players aged 33 or over - Same as current wage
Players from own nation - Same as current wage
TRANSFERS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED UNLESS YOU PM ME THE COST OF THE TRANSFER + THE PLAYERS CURRENT WAGE AT OLD CLUB + NEW WAGE AT YOUR CLUB, AS WELL AS THE LENGTH OF CONTRACT
QUICK ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING MANAGER SACKING, MANAGER HIRING AND RELEASE CLAUSES.
Manager Sacking - Sacking Cost = Current Manager Wage * Remaining Weeks on Contract * 0.8
Manager Hiring - Hiring Cost (if Employed) - Their Current Wage * 1.5 = Wage at your club.
- Their Current Wage * 25 = Compensation Owed
- Hiring Cost (if Unemployed) - Current Manager Wage * 1.5 = Wage of New Manager
Say you bid £17.5m for PLAYER X and hit his release clause. If the other Chairman is fine with you paying that much for the player, it goes through as normal.
If the opposing chairman wishes to keep his player, you both privately submit to me your wage offer for that player. The chairman who submits the highest wage gets the player for that wage.
Renegotiating Contracts of Players:
AGE: Less than 21 - Current Contract * 2.1 = New Contract
AGE: 21 to 24 - Current Contract * 1.8 = New Contract
AGE: 25 to 30 - Current Contract * 1.5 = New Contract
AGE: 31 and higher - Current Contract * 1.3 = New Contract
PLEASE POST BELOW YOUR INTEREST IN JOINING THE GAME! IT SHALL BEGIN WHEN ALL AVALIABLE TEAMS ARE TAKEN