Like Tree16Likes

FM13: Best Transfer dealings
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. FM13: Best Transfer dealings

So I was thinking a few days ago, a lot of people cannot believe how I can get such good prices for my players and get good players etc..

It is pretty easy but I wanted to start a thread to discuss/comment/debate on members signings for their team, if they overpaid, got a good bargain and to see exactly how they operate in the windows...

I will start with my Spurs save (I always start as United when I get the game and play 4 season, get bored and then play Spurs, until the latest patch is released sometime around Feb/March, then I start playing properly with smaller teams etc etc..)

Start of game including winter window: (1st season)

FM13: Best Transfer dealings-tottenham_-transfers-history-2.png

United were sniffing around Huddlestone so I decided to offer a straight swap for Smalling and they accepted.. great deal for me as I rate Smalling and needed a HG CB/RB

Hummels was either going to Gunners/Chelsea/United and did not want them to get him, I was finished with all of my dealings until I offered for him to despite the others and he opted to join me.. He made many mistakes in the first half of the season but ended up having a great 2nd half..

Second season:

FM13: Best Transfer dealings-tottenham_-transfers-history.png

The main transfer you can't see is a £20m purchase of Lennon from Liverpool, all over 48 months which I used to offer a 48 month deal for unhappy Ayew for his release clause..

Pastore was offered to me for £13m and I decided that he would be a good fit in my new AMC type tactic.. I had to sell Anderson to raise the money for it but as you can see I broke pretty much even

United signed Neymar/Belhanda, City signed Badstuber/Bonucci, Chelsea signed Thiago/Tasci and I decided I needed a big name signing to show them that we are not to be messed with..

Falcao (who I have never actually managed before) opted to join me.. I had to sell Adebayor (who was good last season and Defoe who was good when he played) to raise the funds but well worth it, Falcao scored 2 on his debut against Chelsea in a 4:1 win in the Community Shield a few minutes ago..

So, comments, feedback etc.. would like to hear what you think, ask how certain players are doing etc..

Feel free to post your teams and I will have my say as well
    samgenoa98 likes this.

2. Just about to start my 5th season at Liverpool and have never had a 'top' player, especially a striker as Lewandowski and Suarez were good but not brilliant...and none of the top players were seemingly interested, but I thought I'd try for messi (just turned 29), so £70 million up front and £60 million over 4 years later he is now a Liverpool player...only fake money I suppose!
    Raikan007 and keshs001 like this.

3. How did you get Pastore for £13m (i know he was offered but was he unhappy or something?) he is so good on this game!
    Raikan007 likes this.

4. To be honest, I think the price you purchase players for are generally not amazing, it is the prices you manage to receive for players! I try offering players out on 48 month deals, but I rarely get a decent price for them, and I then have to remember how much I am being paid so I can use it to bring players in using that money! :/
    Raikan007 likes this.

5. It's always interesting to know what over people purchase/recieve for players. I started with a Tottenham save too, just started the 2nd season and managed to get Neymar for £37m. He is on £140,000 a week though as he was not that interested in coming to me. The reason I got him that price was because he'd handed in a transfer request. I also managed to get Hummels in for £23m again because he'd handed in a transfer request in January. I tell you it's all about unsettling players.

Because I needed money however, I ended up selling some players I didn't need for not much money. I sold Defoe for £5m and Dawson for £4m. On the flip side as soon as a player is wanted who I don't need I try and sell them for mega bucks. Adebayor I sold for £24m which isn't bad for a 29 yr old! And Huddleston I got £19m for...seems Man Utd had more money than sense!
    Raikan007 likes this.

6. It's somewhat off topic because it was FM11, but in my second ever year of playing FM I picked up Iago Aspas from Celta Reserves for £75k. IRL he's now being talked of as a potential £8m transfer for Swansea or someone. He was underrated on FM11 but he still pretty much won the Championship single-handed.

That wasn't my best transfer though, that goes to Graham Carey who I got from one of those Scottish sides beginning with St for £10k. One of my most consistent performers every single season, from the Championship to the Premier League.

Since then I've had loads of great transfers, including promising players for £8-£15m that became world-class, but for me Aspas and Carey are still the best transfers I've ever made in terms of impact and value. Just to show that it's not all about the big names.

7. Can't remember all the "spectacular" transfers I've made, but since I ALWAYS play at least a couple of seasons with Real Madrid the best transfer might be from that save.

Have played to March, first season, in my latest save with Real Madrid. And in that save I've managade to persuade the unsettled Radamel Falcao to join me from Atletico Madrid in an £32,5 million transfer. Thats even less money than what Atletico purchase him from Porto for. Knowing the relations between the two clubs I thought it would be impossible to persuade him. But after "sweet talking" him and bidding now and then for him(After he had declared he wanted to leave Atletico). I managed to get a bid accepted for £32,5 million. At first they were asking for about £52 million, his release clause. But after he got himself transferlisted I got him for "only" £32,5 million. Will be joining in the summer. But his current season 31 matches and 35 goals (all competitions) leaves me wondering whether or not I've made my best deal ever.

But you also got your young talents that you manage to snap up for just a couple of millions.

8. My best transfer was just before the 2015/16 season, on my Villa save, when I noticed Raheem Sterling had been given a free transfer by Liverpool. Snapped him up in a heartbeat and he's been ace for me ever since, now worth something like ten million quid.

9. I, like you Raikan always do well in negotiating my players that i'm selling - if its a player i know from the offset of the 1st season who i want to sell i don't usually do as well price wise compared to the second season etc, any players that are surplus to reqirements i play in the FA and carling cups - it keeps interest in the players as well as rotating my squad then at the end of season one i offer out to clubs and get really good prices normally,
    end of season 1 with spurs sold Adebayor to AC Milan for 28m, which paid for the cheaper Luke De Yong
    sold Defoe for 8mil
    Sold dempsey for 16mil which i was astonished by.
    for the younger reserve players - at least 3 mil each

as for buying players with the exception of Luke yong (needed a quality striker) i've never splashed more than 10mil,
    i was able to swap lennon for R Sterling at liverpool who i rate highly, that has to be my transfer best, although i'm trying to negotiate with MANU for Jones - really unsettling the player certainly helps - has now handed a transfer request
    Raikan007 likes this.

10. i love selling average(about 3 stars potential) regens ,that i got for free or under 1 mil, for 7.5-10 mil.
    usually i don't like to pay over 15-20mil but i did overpaid a few times on my lfc save(falcao 60, javi martinez 40, muniain 40, mvilla 40, hulk 55) but that's because i had money and didn't want to make my team weaker then before and there were no quality players avaible(transfer listed).

11. It's a bit hit and for me. I managed to get 45 mil pounds for Kagawa (who was rated about 14 mil and having a very average season) yet I could only get 29 mil out of Nani who was rated at 20 mil and having a decent season!

12. I had an opportunity I couldn't turn down, I managed to sign Aguero for 13 million from Man City as he wanted European football and they had finished 9th last season. He's started banging them in plus the board aren't "too" fussed so I'm happy and so are the fans.. Oh and I'm Man Utd hahaha
    Raikan007 likes this.

13. My £130 million messi purchase was going well, 18 goals in 15 games...then the obligatory torn hamstring and out for 3 months...fake money up in flames...

14. I'm liverpool now in my 3rd season Premier League both years (1st year two games to spare, luckily because i had second place as the next game but had won it by then, and 2nd year down to the wire) champions league last year.

First season
    FM13: Best Transfer dealings-transfer-season-1.png

Was a good year transfer wise made a profit whilst strengthening my team.
    Leonard Kweuke for 3.2million and he scored 32 goals in 31 apperences in the first year (all comps) and 13 goals in 18 apperences year two (blighted by injury) i sold him in my third season for 10 million.
    Nathen Redmond and been phenominal 31 apperences 11 goals and 17 assists year one and 37 apperences 6 goals and 25 assists year 2 all for 5 million (still with me now)

Second Season
    FM13: Best Transfer dealings-transfer-season-2.png

Made a big lose this year but in my opinion i did well to get what i did.
    Lots of youngsters to help me out when some of my better players retire and really adding depth to my squad.
    Richards wasn't getting first team football and i managed to pick him up for 7 million he played 35 games and had an average of 7 tackles per game with a respectable pass completion rate, 8 assists also average rating for 7.56.
    Rodrigo really my first 'Big' signing 17.5 mil, i'm a massive fan of pace and i felt he'd add something to my team so he has been retrained to ML 36 apperences 7 golas 5 assists wasn't a great showing but was retraining at the time so played well out of position.
    Best Signing EVER Mattia Destro 35 apperences 28 golas 6 assists, wouldn't have won the champions league without him scored very important goals and he brings the best out of Boroni. He left Genoa without a contract and i picked him up as a free agent.
    Brought Ter Stegen to replace the then 31 year old Reina was a hard decision as a Liverpool fan but got him in January and it paid dividends cause he went second half of the season 13 clean sheets out of 18 games.

Third Season
    FM13: Best Transfer dealings-transfer-season-3.png

Not overly impressed with myself this transfer window, Sold 2 goalkeepers which left me with only one first team keeper,(was in cruise control and i'm not one to quit/reload) very happy i sold enrique for 11 million as i wanted to strengthen this position.
    i feel i paid over the odds for sandro but enrique was on his way out already and porto wouldn't budge, i paid it and hopefully it pays off.
    Azpilicueta has been a good signing and 20million i think was a fair price as he had a great season with Chelsea and then Bayern, his long throws have been menacing aswell and adds another threat from which my team can attack.

I feel my team is young enough and strong enough to compete for the next few years without any major investment however i am looking to sign Neymar when his price comes down to the under side of 100million

15. Quote Originally Posted by DanMellowz View Post
    First season
    Attachment 305909

Leonard Kweuke for 3.2million and he scored 32 goals in 31 apperences in the first year (all comps) and 13 goals in 18 apperences year two (blighted by injury) i sold him in my third season for 10 million.
    Nathen Redmond and been phenominal 31 apperences 11 goals and 17 assists year one and 37 apperences 6 goals and 25 assists year 2 all for 5 million (still with me now)

Second Season
    Attachment 305910

Lots of youngsters to help me out when some of my better players retire and really adding depth to my squad.
    Richards wasn't getting first team football and i managed to pick him up for 7 million he played 35 games and had an average of 7 tackles per game with a respectable pass completion rate, 8 assists also average rating for 7.56.
    Rodrigo really my first 'Big' signing 17.5 mil, i'm a massive fan of pace and i felt he'd add something to my team so he has been retrained to ML 36 apperences 7 golas 5 assists wasn't a great showing but was retraining at the time so played well out of position.
    Best Signing EVER Mattia Destro 35 apperences 28 golas 6 assists, wouldn't have won the champions league without him scored very important goals and he brings the best out of Boroni. He left Genoa without a contract and i picked him up as a free agent.
    Brought Ter Stegen to replace the then 31 year old Reina was a hard decision as a Liverpool fan but got him in January and it paid dividends cause he went second half of the season 13 clean sheets out of 18 games.

Third Season
    Attachment 305911

Not overly impressed with myself this transfer window, Sold 2 goalkeepers which left me with only one first team keeper,(was in cruise control and i'm not one to quit/reload) very happy i sold enrique for 11 million as i wanted to strengthen this position.
    i feel i paid over the odds for sandro but enrique was on his way out already and porto wouldn't budge, i paid it and hopefully it pays off.
    Azpilicueta has been a good signing and 20million i think was a fair price as he had a great season with Chelsea and then Bayern, his long throws have been menacing aswell and adds another threat from which my team can attack.

I feel my team is young enough and strong enough to compete for the next few years without any major investment however i am looking to sign Neymar when his price comes down to the under side of 100million
    First season:

Not too bad, how much did you have to pay Joe to join Sunerland? did he ask for you to pay some of his wages? around 25k a week maybe? if not, good job

Kweuke is a good cheap signing, nice! good return, bargain!

Branescu is a quality youngster, nice

Ronaldhinho for free in the first season? (does he arrive in Jan I assume? what are his wages?)

the only suspect deal is Armand..

2nd season:

nice, probably your best so far..

Ter Stegen is quality.. however, you do have Ospina/Reina and Branescu.. what you got them doing?

3rd season:

probably your worst, quite a lot of money for Alex Sandro and Cesar.. two good players, but not sure if they warranted those price tags

on the whole, not bad mate

post a ss of your current squad

16. in fm12 (this was the first time playing it and i didn't really know much about the sport) i was paying as barcelona and i needed a defender i asked my step brother who follows the soccer/football he goes for chelsea and he suggested david Luiz. ended up payying 120m for him. lol

17. Quote Originally Posted by jordan59 View Post
    in fm12 (this was the first time playing it and i didn't really know much about the sport) i was paying as barcelona and i needed a defender i asked my step brother who follows the soccer/football he goes for chelsea and he suggested david Luiz. ended up payying 120m for him. lol
    lol, mate, read the thread title.. this is your best transfer dealings.. not your worst...
    Damien112 likes this.

18. Current Squad
    FM13: Best Transfer dealings-current-squad.png

Very top heavy ATM looking to move on a striker or two (depending on whether i get Neymar)

At the time of Ter Stegen, I had Ospina as a backup to Reina so i planned to cash in on Reina and keep Ospina, however as i said i don't know what happened cause somehow i sold both :/ Branescu is in Belguim for his final season gaining a work permit.

Whilst i know i paid over the odds they have really brought the overall quality of the sqaud very high with Sandro and Ceasar and Armand has been a good signing 20k per week and a solid left back when he plays can also play left mid for me, 20 games a season and average rating of 7.4/7.6.

i will update you with sandro and ceasars stats as i have 4 days off now from work and my Missus is away.

Also quick one for anyone that is interested and doesn't know Honda on a free is huge! vastly increases revenue from Japan and i plan to sell him in a year or 2 for a obvious profit.
    Raikan007 likes this.

19. Quote Originally Posted by DanMellowz View Post
    Current Squad
    Attachment 305922

Very top heavy ATM looking to move on a striker or two (depending on whether i get Neymar)

At the time of Ter Stegen, I had Ospina as a backup to Reina so i planned to cash in on Reina and keep Ospina, however as i said i don't know what happened cause somehow i sold both :/ Branescu is in Belguim for his final season gaining a work permit.

Whilst i know i paid over the odds they have really brought the overall quality of the sqaud very high with Sandro and Ceasar and Armand has been a good signing 20k per week and a solid left back when he plays can also play left mid for me, 20 games a season and average rating of 7.4/7.6.

i will update you with sandro and ceasars stats as i have 4 days off now from work and my Missus is away.

Also quick one for anyone that is interested and doesn't know Honda on a free is huge! vastly increases revenue from Japan and i plan to sell him in a year or 2 for a obvious profit.
    Honda is a great deal and should be taken in for the year.. you can sell him for around £15m at least after the first season

as you said, merchandising is great, I suggest getting a feeder club in Japan soon before/after

20. how do you get such high bids for your players? Do you transfer list them, offer them to clubs or what?

21. Quote Originally Posted by JacobMc View Post
    how do you get such high bids for your players? Do you transfer list them, offer them to clubs or what?
    The How to Sell My Player Thread: Raikan007

try some of these tips mate

22. Soooo :/ Neymars asking price went down to £44.5mil made an offer Barcelona also made an offer, i was making him the highest paid player at the club with a match highest earner clause unfortunetly it wasn't enough.

FM13: Best Transfer dealings-neymar-dream-over.png

23. so far my best/favourite bargains are: ribery 9mln, butland 1,5mln, immobile 3mln, defour 4mln, jetro willems 10mln,

24. Butland for 10k, start of second season.

25. FM13: Best Transfer dealings-european-team-year.png

So yer i did pay £55mil but i'd say they are paying it back in the right way.

Cesar 42 apperences 3 goals 13 assists 3 PoM 6.5 tackles per game, average 7.5 rating.

Sandro 35 apperences 10 assists 6.5 tackles per game and average 7.5 rating.

This year brought in Busquets for 19.5 mil in January as Gerrard got ruled out for 4 months and is dropping off quickly.

Won Premier League, Charity Shield, Super Cup, World Club Championship, and Champions League.

Raik007 would you accept that as in the end a good turn out for my two full backs (obviously i know 1 good season isn't enough but not a bad start) i tried with you're japan feeder club but had no luck.

26. Quote Originally Posted by DanMellowz View Post
    Attachment 306084

So yer i did pay £55mil but i'd say they are paying it back in the right way.

Cesar 42 apperences 3 goals 13 assists 3 PoM 6.5 tackles per game, average 7.5 rating.

Sandro 35 apperences 10 assists 6.5 tackles per game and average 7.5 rating.

This year brought in Busquets for 19.5 mil in January as Gerrard got ruled out for 4 months and is dropping off quickly.

Won Premier League, Charity Shield, Super Cup, World Club Championship, and Champions League.

Raik007 would you accept that as in the end a good turn out for my two full backs (obviously i know 1 good season isn't enough but not a bad start) i tried with you're japan feeder club but had no luck.
    not bad at all mate good signing on Basquets!

27. Exchanged unhappy Mario Gotze valued 27m for my Alvaro Dominguez valued 9m for my Gladbach in 2nd season. He also went for 30k less on wages and kicked MU, Real offers into ass!

It was the most ridiculous transfer I ever managed but I am glad for it
    Raikan007 likes this.

28. I signed Marc andre ter stegen for derby on a free transfer in the 4th season. He was leaving on a free transfer as he wanted to move to a bigger club. Couldn't believe he chose me as I only finished 10th in the league so wasn't even in europe.
    awalker14 likes this.

29. How do you check players whose contracts are running out?

30. Quote Originally Posted by 1jakebrown View Post
    How do you check players whose contracts are running out?
    go into player search and select contract status - drop down menu - expiring in 6 months! do this on the 30th of December

31. Quote Originally Posted by DanMellowz View Post
    I'm liverpool now in my 3rd season Premier League both years (1st year two games to spare, luckily because i had second place as the next game but had won it by then, and 2nd year down to the wire) champions league last year.

First season
    Attachment 305909

Second Season
    Attachment 305910

Third Season
    Attachment 305911

Destro is an absolute BEAST! Got him on a free and helped me win the league with Villa in my second season, 34 goals in 37 appearances! Best thing is Bent (37) and Benteke (36) bettered him that season!

32. My Leeds did not win any premier league title but champsion cup once.
    So surprised to be able to sign Ganso for free in 2017.
    He is 28 and still possesses the superstar-class key attribute for an AP.
    His value is 12M and the wage offered is 72k/p.w.
    So I can get probably 20 something millions by with effort if I offer him to rich clubs in the next transfer window.
    What a huge free lunch

33. So, the most savvy deal I have pulled of was for a regen. Towards the end of july, I'm looking for a LB to play in all cup matches ( I have one "squad" who plays in the prem who is for players who are the best in the position at the club and another "squad" for players who are good but not quite good enough to break into prem team or regens who need experience gain it from playing all cup games, usually totals around 20-3o games a season) and I'm looking for the LB for the cup team cuz Johny Evans is getting on in 2020 and I bid 60 million raising to 80million (hoping to raise him to become a world class talent, looks like he can become the best LB in the world, hence inflated value) anyway they responded wanting 185 million for him, obviusly I got out of there sharpish, anyway to the best bit, gets to August a month later and suddenly he is offered to me for 23.5 million because the player was unhappy as they were under performing it was brilliant, needlessly I signed him sharpish for 150 million less than they wanted not a month later

My transfer fee to pay back(in form wise) is Mario Gotze, signed for 45 million, pretty damn cheap IMO for how much he goes for(got a bit annoyed at the 195k p/w wages, but eventually got that down after a couple of seasons). Anyway, he has had 280 appearances for Manchester United(the team I'm playing), with 84 goals and 175 assists!

My favourite signing has got to be Gareth Bale though for £24.5 Million. Since I signed him in the 2012/13 season he has won the world player of the year award around 5 times now. Here is a pic of his stats up to 2020 ( 345 apps, 151 goals & 224 assists)
    FM13: Best Transfer dealings-gareth-bale_-history-career-stats-3.png

Finally this is my transfer dealings my first season, I am quite pleased with my Wellington Nem deal and the Cleverly deal.
    FM13: Best Transfer dealings-man-utd_-transfers-history-2.png

Could you guys let me know what you think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FM13: Best Transfer dealings-gareth-bale_-history-career-stats.png  
    Last edited by hughesman; 02/02/2013 at 02:50 PM.

34. the Gareth Bale transfer is a coup Very Very good. I'm impressed with his performances but its a pretty 'obvious' transfer not to take anything away from you.

35. I just started a new save with Newcastle (using Marshalls update) and here are my transfers, which I'm very happy with.
    Note: I don't play with wingers.

FM13: Best Transfer dealings-untitled.png
    Raikan007 likes this.

36. Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	966
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	314054

decided to have a english team so sold world class regens. gutted that academy graduate hall wouldn't agree a new deal, so let him go for free.

37. I made a lot of changes in my Arsenal save...at some point in the first 4 years I sold -
    Mertesacker - £25 mill
    Vermaelen - £25 mill
    Koscielny - £22 mill
    Ba - £24 mill
    Podolski - £18 mill
    Giroud - £26 mill
    Sagna - £23 mill
    Cazorla - £21 mill

Can't remember prices but I brought in -
    Damiao
    Sterling
    Neymar
    Cabaye
    M'Vila
    Papadopolous
    Ter Stegen
    Zouma
    Shawcross
    Moura - Free
    Load of regens

and others but can't remember right now! Not played in a few weeks.
    Last edited by Toon Army 13; 25/02/2013 at 02:08 AM.

38. My best:

Signed a regen for free
    3 seasons later i sold him to liverpool for 35m

39. What kind of addiotinal thinga do you offer to players to get them for a such good price ??

40. First season I did the unthinkable when managing Arsenal and sold Mertesacker who most people seem to feel is indispensable. Asking the board to force through the transfer for Schurrle was a bad call on my part.
    FM13: Best Transfer dealings-arsenal_-transfers-history.png

Then in the second season I needed depth so I signed a bunch of good young players, Alaba well worth every penny of 55million. SZCZESNY for 5 Million AM I MAD? No he is crap. Good prices for Ramsey, Cazorla, Arteta, Sagna, Djourou, Monreal.
    FM13: Best Transfer dealings-arsenal_-transfers-history-2.png

Third season I decided to try and add some big names, Ter Stegen, Suarez, Bernard. All three, a waste of money. Made a profit on Suarez and Ter Stegen so who's complaining? Walcott to Barca for 20 million was a good deal as he was growing stagnant. Corchia for 17.75 million, a great deal. Also got rid of Schurrle to recently taken over by a tycoon Reading. thank god. Signing robert Lewandowski when his contract expired was a good bit of business too.
    FM13: Best Transfer dealings-arsenal_-transfers-history-3.png

Fourth season I wanted to trim down the average age so I decided to sell Vermaelen, Koscielny both 20 million to Barca. Griezmann another waster, 15 Millio back to Spain, Bernard was crap so sold him to Barca for 22.5 Million. And Lewa made me a nice 16.75 Million profit, and Ecuele Manga made me 5million without playing a game as he signed for free. Signed Papadopoulos, Umtiti, and Ciaran Clark for a total of 47.5 million and they have conceded only twelve goals halfway through the season.
    FM13: Best Transfer dealings-arsenal_-transfers-history-4.png

Also I should add I noticed a 3.5 million buy back clause for Carlos Vela, and he was worth 9.75 million, so I signed him for the previously mentioned 3.5 and got 1.8 back as there is a 50% next transfer clause as well So I signed Vela for 1.75 million, and will sell him for a handsome amount somewhere around the 10 million mark
    Last edited by FootballManagerG0D; 23/05/2013 at 11:00 PM.

41. Well my summer just gone, I've got to the stage in the game where dedicated regen scouting and profits are really paying off. Buying in 20m worth of regens and 1 backup keeper in Muslera; I sold 125m worth of useful but unnecessary-to-keep players that had got to 19/20 and would get into most continental teams. As you can see, crazy amounts of loans out, most of the ones outgoing on loan are most likely to be the next generation of my squad. If I can rack up 105m profit ever 2-3 seasons, I think my board will enjoy my tenure even more than they already are.

FM13: Best Transfer dealings-summer2020-transfer1.pngFM13: Best Transfer dealings-summer2020-transfer2.png

42. First season

Bought for £37.5m and sold for £33.5m.

-Switched keeper from Reina to ter Stegen. Very good choice and good deal.
    -Got Alaba for £16.5m and has been my first choice on left back ever since.
    -Also got rid of some players I felt I didn't need.

FM13: Best Transfer dealings-liverpool_-transfers-history-6.png

Second season

Bought for £200m and sold for £117m.

-Finally given a real transfer budget. Spent it all and rebuilt the squad.
    -Got Neymar for £39m, he's still my first choice striker and has actually gone up in value to £40.5m.
    -Sold Glen Johnson and bought Corchia for right back.
    -Got Nkoulou and Zouma, both overpriced but still worth the outlay.
    -Thiago and Isco for midfield.
    -Also a few wonderkid regens, of which 3 of them are currently in or around the first team and keep rising in value.
    -Got a ridiculous price for Assaidi after he had a good season. He has since declined both in value and skills.
    -Nkoulou and Zouma are still my first choice central defenders, Thiago and Isco are still 2 of my 3 first choice midfielders, and as mentioned Neymar is still my first choice striker. Definitely the window that set my philosophy of playing into action, and definitely worth the huge costs.

FM13: Best Transfer dealings-liverpool_-transfers-history-7.png

FM13: Best Transfer dealings-liverpool_-transfers-history-8.png

Third season

Bought for £9m and sold for £11m.

-Mostly just got rid of unnecessary players and added some depth. Most boring window of them all.

FM13: Best Transfer dealings-liverpool_-transfers-history-9.png

Fourth season

Bought for £27m and sold for £134m.

-Jonjo Shelvey to Chelsea for £30m.
    -Daniel Agger to Real Madrid for £31.5m.
    -Luis Suarez to Barcelona for £45m.
    -Daniel Sturridge to Wolves for £13m (bought him for £1.8m the previous season).
    -Also sent a lot of players out on loan, most of them either regens or players I signed on free transfer the same window.
    -Got Papadopoulos for £10.5m and Roberto (regen) for £12m. He is currently worth £18.75m, will probably rise to £30m within a year from now as he's just as good as Isco at AMC.
    -Best window by far when it comes to the financial aspect.

FM13: Best Transfer dealings-liverpool_-transfers-history-10.png

Fifth season

Bought for £81m and sold for £120m.

-Last window so far, currently in April 2017 and still a couple months until the next one.
    -Had to splash the cash on Oxlade-Chamberlain as I really needed a top class Inside Forward on AMR, and he is also very versatile. Financed the purchase by selling Wellington Nem for £32.5m, so I basically just paid £7.5m for an 'upgrade' on the AMR.
    -Sold Benzia for £25m to Arsenal (got him on a free transfer the previous season).
    -Also got a few players on free transfer who I sent on loan.
    -Signed Djordevic (regen) as I needed cover on DC and he has world class potential.
    -Herrera (also regen) signed from Barca for a stiff price of £20m, but he is great cover for Neymar and will definitely exceed that value in a couple of years.

FM13: Best Transfer dealings-liverpool_-transfers-history-11.png

Next window will in all likelihood be a very quiet one. I'm planning on selling Lucas Leiva as he's rounded 30 years, but he's very central to the way I play, and the only one I've found capable of replacing him is Phil Jones. But Manchester United doesn't want to sell. If I get a good price for Lucas and am able to negotiate a decent price for Jones -- meaning I don't have to spend more than £20m after subtracting the money from the Lucas sale -- I'll make the deal. If not, I might consider keeping Lucas for another year although that will surely see him decline in value and make him harder to sell.

The only players remaining from the original Liverpool setup: Joe Allen, Lucas Leiva and Raheem Sterling.
    Raikan007 likes this.

43. In my Parma save I am 10 seasons in and I have had some of the best transfer deals I had ever had on any edition of FM.
    Andile Jali in for 1.9M - out for 22m
    Stefan Strandberg in for 1.2M - out for 14.25M
    Douglas in for free - out for 28M
    Lorenzo Insigne in for 6.75M - out for 21.5M
    Alessandro Florenzi in for 4.5M - out for 25M
    Leo in for free - out for 17.25M
    Gaston Ramirez in for free - out for 18M
    Pedro Obiang in for 5M - out for 23M
    Thiago in for 9m - out for 35M
    Sebastian Corchia in for free - out for 30M
    Denys Garmash in for free - out for 30M
    Adam Maher in for free - out for 23.5M
    Neal Maupay in for free - out for 23M
    Anselmo Brocco (Regen) in for free - out for 30M (Never appeared for the club!)
    Christian Eriksen in for free - out for 39M
    Lorenzo Criestig in for 10k - out for 37.5M
    Raikan007 and evilweevil666 like this.

44. Managed to get Anderson and Hernandez from Man Utd for a total of £25 million on my current Spurs save. So far in 12 games Hernandez has scored 14 goals, Anderson has been in and out of the team but when called upon and done a fair job.

45. Quote Originally Posted by woolly View Post
    Managed to get Anderson and Hernandez from Man Utd for a total of £25 million on my current Spurs save. So far in 12 games Hernandez has scored 14 goals, Anderson has been in and out of the team but when called upon and done a fair job.
    not bad bud, about 3m overpaid though

46. Sixth season

Bought for £19.5m and sold for £120m

-Sold Lucas Leiva for £51m to Manchester City (new transfer record by £1m).
    -Sold David Alaba to Barcelona for £45m.
    -Bought a few regens.
    -Tried to sell Thiago, accepted a £55m bid but he couldn't agree contract with Chelsea.
    -Sent a lot of youngsters out on loan.

FM13: Best Transfer dealings-liverpool_-transfers-history-12.png

My first team squad now consists of only 22 players. Tried to get Iban Lucia (regen) in to replace Lucas, but Atletico Madrid demanded £30m, and Lucia himself demanded £70k+ p/w. So I'm hoping for no/few injuries, and with a gigantic transfer budget untouched I'm free to make purchases in January if needed. But I really want to keep making money and replacing the stars with young regens - people like Thiago and Isco are now on expensive contracts and I'm not interested in renewing them. Just renewed Neymar's contract, and he's now on £250k p/w. Will sell him one year before his contract runs out (4 years from now, he'll be 29).

Slightly frustating though, how players demand high wages from you because of the success. Started off with a wage total of £1m p/w, and after 5 years it had only increased to £1.5m p/w. But with this years contract renewals it's almost £1.9m

Am I being too prudent here? Or do you agree that £1.9m p/w is a lot, even for a team that consistently wins the EPL? According to the "Salary per annum" I have the second highest total wages in the league. City of course tops the list with a whopping £160m per annum. I have £97.73m and Man Utd have £85.5m, with Chelsea on 4th with £75.49m.

PS: Lucas Leiva is now on a £325k p/w contract, and is currently the highest paid player in the game!

47. My best deal is from FM2012, Italian central defender (regen) paid 800k at age 16 and at age 20 he was worth 30 mill.

48. Think my best deal on my Spurs save at the moment is this guy David Domej, looks like he is going to be mega considering he cost 6k from Rapid Wien i think.

FM13: Best Transfer dealings-2013-05-30_00001.jpg

In terms of transfers with Spurs I feel you have to spend heavily in the first season to win the league. I tend to stay away from the marque signings and build a team that I can run with for quite a few years, hence the signings of Sterling, Niang etc.

FM13: Best Transfer dealings-2013-05-30_00002.jpg

Second season is about continuing that build but replacing average players with potential world beaters with high sell on values, eg replacing Dempsey with Mikhitaryan and replacing Adebayor with Rodrigo. I'm currently in October I think on my second season and the fans are still raging that I sold the Leagues top goalscorer for 8m to OM. He seems to be having a right old time at OM, scored 10 of their 17 league goals and is on course to win a French league title.

FM13: Best Transfer dealings-2013-05-30_00003.jpgFM13: Best Transfer dealings-2013-05-30_00004.jpgFM13: Best Transfer dealings-2013-05-30_00005.jpg

Ultimately by the end of the second season my spending should be limited to 10 - 20 million per season whilst bringing in at least double that per player sold. Move into the Tottenham stadium at the end of the season so finance should level out. Suppose the ultimate goal is to have a 5 star first team with the bench consisting of potential 5 star players. Niang and Rodrigo are amazing together in a 4-4-2 formation and with Benzia on the bench, shouldn't need to go out and buy a regen striker every season. Actually enjoying not wanting to buy players every turn for a change, nice to build a stable team.

FM13: Best Transfer dealings-2013-05-30_00006.jpg

49. I once signed Chinedu Obasi from hoffenheim for something like 15 million at the start of the season and he was very poor and couldn't hit the target and was beginning to look like a big mistake until spurs came in for him in January with a 20 million bid. I decided to negotiate up to 28 million not really thinking they would accept and I wasn't that desperate to sell as I'd only had him half a season but they did and signed him. That's a 12 million pound profit for nothing really, and I don't even think he played all that much for them after that. I think this was in fm 11.

50. ok in 2022 currently in my lastes save.. doing a Manutd save. am gonna upload my transfer dealings from the 1st season onwards to 2022. below is my 1st season 2012/2013. had to sell those i didnt like in real life 1st
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FM13: Best Transfer dealings-man-utd_-transfers-history.png  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO