Like Tree23Likes

FM-Base Chairman and Manager Game
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. FM-Base Chairman and Manager Game

This is an idea I had a few versions of FM ago, but as the online mode was, lets face it, very poor, it was hard to run. Now it has been improved though, I thought I would see if there was any interest in it again.

How it works

I will be looking for 3 people to play along with me. 3 directors and 1 manager. The directors role will be to decide with me things such as transfers in/out (with input from the manager), and upgrades to facilities/stadium etc, season objectives and so on. Also the big decision of choosing which club to take over.

The managers job is fairly simple. Win! Your job is to meet the objectives set by me and the fellow directors.

How it will be played

I will be hosting the game on my PC. The manager will connect and play like a normal game. The directors can then join when they want as unemployed managers to look how progress is going.

If you would like to take part, please say below, and say if you would be interested in being Manager or Director.

I will then be writing up a story about it from the chairmans point of view, and the manager will write it up from his point of view (You managers much be good at writing). Directors can also write if they wish.

Chosen Directors

Scotty98TR
    Tezzz
    Jamo456

If you would like any more information, feel free to ask
    Last edited by iamauser; 09/02/2013 at 05:50 PM.

2. I would like to be the manager what club are you going to use??

3. Quote Originally Posted by damiennevo View Post
    I would like to be the manager what club are you going to use??
    Not decided yet. That will be a decision made by me and the directors

4. I would be interested in helping out as a Director mate.

5. oki dude i can feel this going to be good
    iamauser likes this.

6. Il be a director

7. yo dude do you know when you getting this started??

8. Quote Originally Posted by damiennevo View Post
    yo dude do you know when you getting this started??
    Probably saturday. Need to get a new laptop charger.

9. oh righty :/

10. Bump. Any more interest?

11. Would like to be a Director but not completely understood the concept mate, please if u can eleboate a bit more on the Director's role?
    Thanks

12. I had a look at this thread about 6 hours ago, but thought you were full :/ If not I'd be interested in either director or manager, I don't mind

13. Hoping to have my directors by Wednesday. You have until then to register your interest

14. I'll be director then!!! (P.S. You may have to either PM me or quote me in this when you are ready, as I will forget about it otherwise!)

15. If there is any room, ill have a go!!

16. I'm interested in taking a director seat. I'd bring a flood of football knowledge to club.
    damiennevo likes this.

17. Quote Originally Posted by KaiRooney View Post
    Would like to be a Director but not completely understood the concept mate, please if u can eleboate a bit more on the Director's role?
    Thanks
    You have an influence on how the club is run. For example you will get a vote on if to sack the manager etc.

You will also have an influence on new signings, building a new stadium etc

18. Quote Originally Posted by iamauser View Post
    I will then be writing up a story about it from the chairmans point of view, and the manager will write it up from his point of view (You managers much be good at writing). Directors can also write if they wish.

Potential Directors

NathWalker
    KaiRooney
    Scotty98TR
    Tezzz
    T1LL13

Potential Managers

damiennevo

If you would like any more information, feel free to ask

Quote Originally Posted by Stokiescott View Post
    Il be a director
    So im guessing I dont have a chance too be a director despite being one of the first to declare my interest in joining.

19. Sorry completely missed you. Added you now. Its not first come first serve though.

20. Quote Originally Posted by iamauser View Post
    Its not first come first serve though.
    What is it then?

21. Quote Originally Posted by Scotty98TR View Post
    What is it then?
    Me picking who I feel will be best
    damiennevo and Scotty98TR like this.

22. Quote Originally Posted by iamauser View Post
    Sorry completely missed you. Added you now. Its not first come first serve though.
    Maybe not but it is nice too be noticed im sure you understand that

23. Would love to be up for director if it's not all decided yet

24. And how are you going to decide who is best? haha

Should we send our CV's?

25. Quote Originally Posted by Scotty98TR View Post
    And how are you going to decide who is best? haha

Should we send our CV's?
    For directors, no. I will just be deciding. But for manager yes. There will be CV applications and an interview process
    Scotty98TR likes this.

26. To be honest, I am interested in doing either, whatever you would prefer
    iamauser likes this.

27. Quote Originally Posted by Scotty98TR View Post
    What is it then?
    Whoever impresses the most in the interview.

*tightens up tie*
    potta likes this.

28. I would like to be a director. But if thats not possible a role as manager would be nice too

29. How do i send my CV to you???? by email???

30. Quote Originally Posted by damiennevo View Post
    How do i send my CV to you???? by email???
    Most likely PM. Will release more details later

31. oki dude )

32. I would love to get involved and I would like to apply for the role of manager

33. Also, may I suggest a lower league team as I feel this would be more entertaining, and challenging for the manager as well as the board, also means that the board may have to make changes in the dressing room based on performances!

34. When are we going to apply for the job then?

35. Quote Originally Posted by bornexplorer88 View Post
    When are we going to apply for the job then?
    Hopefully today, tomorrow at the latest im hoping
    NathWalker and bornexplorer88 like this.

36. Ok, I have decided to narrow my directors down to two. They are; Tezzz and Scotty98TR.

Sorry to anyone that didnt make it, but you can still take part. The readers will get one joint vote in proceedings (So whatever outcome gets the most votes by readers counts as 1 vote)

Next up is to decide which team to take over.

I have decided we have a budget of £25 Million.

Which club will we be? Let decide!
    Tezzz likes this.

37. Quote Originally Posted by iamauser View Post
    Ok, I have decided to narrow my directors down to two. They are; Tezzz and Scotty98TR.

Sorry to anyone that didnt make it, but you can still take part. The readers will get one joint vote in proceedings (So whatever outcome gets the most votes by readers counts as 1 vote)

Next up is to decide which team to take over.

I have decided we have a budget of £25 Million.

Which club will we be? Let decide!
    I'd say a lower/mid-table prem team? West Ham maybe?

And when are you (Or we?) deciding which manager?

38. Quote Originally Posted by Scotty98TR View Post
    I'd say a lower/mid-table prem team? West Ham maybe?
    The take over will be made based on their value, so its most likely to be a Championship/L1 team

Shall I do a shortlist for people to vote maybe?

39. Quote Originally Posted by iamauser View Post
    The take over will be made based on their value, so its most likely to be a Championship/L1 team

Shall I do a shortlist for people to vote maybe?
    Oh I get it now, sorry bit slow there Yeah, let everyone vote!

40. Quote Originally Posted by Scotty98TR View Post
    Oh I get it now, sorry bit slow there Yeah, let everyone vote!
    Not got access to FM atm, so will probably get a list up tomorrow morning. People can still vote if they want though.

REMEMBER:

£25 Million - Club value = Amount left for transfer + Wages

41. Added Jamo456 director too

42. First of all may I add that it is an honour to be accepted with the role of director. I look forward to working with each of you and hopefully we can turn whichever club we choose into a force to be reckoned with in europe!

I've had a look at a few clubs and I'd say there are a few clubs that I think we should consider looking at. I've listed them below and worked out what funds we'd have left to play with;

League 1
    Doncaster Rovers - valued at £5.5 million - £19.5 million for transfers and wages.
    Scunthorpe United - valued at £3.9 million (500k debt) - £20.6 million for transfers and wages.
    Notts County - valued at £3.7 million - £21.3 million for transfers and wages.

Championship
    Leeds - valued at £23.5 million - £1.5 million for transfers and wages.
    Birmingham - valued at £18.75 million (4mil debt) - £1.75 million for transfers and wages.
    Burnley - valued at £18.25 million - £6.75 million for transfers and wages.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on these clubs and if you'd recommend any other clubs.

Cheers,
    Director Tezzz.
    iamauser likes this.

43. Quote Originally Posted by Tezzz View Post
    First of all may I add that it is an honour to be accepted with the role of director. I look forward to working with each of you and hopefully we can turn whichever club we choose into a force to be reckoned with in europe!

I've had a look at a few clubs and I'd say there are a few clubs that I think we should consider looking at. I've listed them below and worked out what funds we'd have left to play with;

League 1
    Doncaster Rovers - valued at £5.5 million - £19.5 million for transfers and wages.
    Scunthorpe United - valued at £3.9 million (500k debt) - £20.6 million for transfers and wages.

Championship
    Birmingham - valued at £18.75 million (4mil debt) - £1.75 million for transfers and wages.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on these clubs and if you'd recommend any other clubs.

Cheers,
    Director Tezzz.
    I like the idea of Scunthorpe and Notts County, one it gives the owners more money to expand quickly and it's more of a challenge!!

Two old teams that need to reach the big time again for old times "for gods" sake
    Last edited by bornexplorer88; 08/02/2013 at 03:09 AM.

44. Quote Originally Posted by Tezzz View Post
    First of all may I add that it is an honour to be accepted with the role of director. I look forward to working with each of you and hopefully we can turn whichever club we choose into a force to be reckoned with in europe!

League 1

Championship

Cheers,
    Director Tezzz.
    Excellent list here buddy. Im going to narrow it down to just the 3 League 1 teams. So please vote now.

Do we take over Doncaster Rovers, Scunthorpe United or Notts County?

My Vote is Notts Country

45. Scunthorpe United

(a vote from a very disgruntled applicant for the Director position)

46. As a director, I vote Notts County, a club with a very long and proud history. With £21.3m, we could add significant quality to what is already a very good League One squad, and really take it a long way, to the very top quite possibly.

Thanks for reading,
    Jamo456

47. I also vote Notts County, as I think that Scunthorpe would be extremely difficult, and Doncaster would be too easy (As both are on the way down or up respectively! ), so Notts is bang in the middle!

48. I'm going to place my vote on Doncaster. I feel that they have the best quality of players should be going up at the first time of asking.

I agree that this may be the easiest option but I also believe that this is a business run world.

Cheers,
    Director Tezzz
    bornexplorer88 likes this.

49. Quote Originally Posted by Tezzz View Post
    I'm going to place my vote on Doncaster. I feel that they have the best quality of players should be going up at the first time of asking.

I agree that this may be the easiest option but I also believe that this is a business run world.

Cheers,
    Director Tezzz
    Is that everyone voted now?? Can we get this thing started I want to know the club so i can do the CV... I'm thinking former england international retired and currently working outside of professional coaching, he has expressed his desire to return to the game and really wants to earn his place in football management. He also would offer great opportunities to link up with former colleagues, with rumours of parent club possibilities.

50. Thank you for voting everyone.

After the vote, it has been decided we will be taking over Notts County. I will be making a new story thread shortly and I will put a link in this thread. This thread will now become a discussion thread for the game, while the other thread will be just for the story.

Now comes that time where all you managers can start applying for the job! All you have to do is PM me your "CV". You can lay it out however you like, and include whatever information you like, Which ever one my directors and I feel are most suitable, we will move forward for an interview process.

Thanks everyone and good luck
    iamauser

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO