Sign Up and General Discussion Thread
Before you read. All credits go to Bornesplorer88 for letting me use this template and continue on the idea.
(will start a new thread for the actual game/story)
I am starting this as soon as the slots are all filled, I am going to do this with the Ligue 1.
This thread will act as a storyline, therefore for participation you will be required to post your Chairman decisions in a media styled format... all transfers and budgets will have to be ok'd by me prior to you making your announcements please feel free to PM me about your enquires.
I will post screenshots of the table when I see fit, or if you lot ask nicely and you will also be able to download the savegame file to scout and browse for your desired transfer targets or managerial changes
Participants must read the rules prior to signing up
I know this seems long and tedious but, in order to play the game you will need to read all of this to understand it. Trust me the end product is a whole lot of fun.
There will be 2 rolling threads.
Thread 1:- Story Mode, this will be were you will post your Press Releases and I will post the game data and updates
Thread 2(will add thread link soon):- Rules and Sign Up Thread, used for general discussions in addition to sign up and rules
1) You must put some effort into your press releases. see this link for examples, similar to story
2) You must be able to regularly check the thread for updates, read your PMs, and follow the rules of the game. Failure to be active or repeatedly violating the rules of the game will see you being removed from it.
3) Nothing is to be announced in this thread until I have told you it is OK.
4) Anything you want to do must be sent to me in a PM. I will then check it, and if it is all OK I will reply and let you know that you can announce it in the thread.
5) Failure to confirm things with me before announcing them will see you removed from the game.
1) You may sack your manager, or any other member of staff, at any time. Doing so will require you pay the remainder of their contract in full.
2) Only realistic managerial appointments will be allowed, so it is not possible to bring Pep Guardiola to Stoke. The same rule applies for other positions too. (The Manager rep must be lower than Club Rep +5%)
3) Signing a manager from another team will require you to pay a compensation value of the remainder of their contract + 25%. Manager Wages will be calculated at the same rate as players from own nation and then the predicted club position is taken into account.
4) You may set your transfer & wage budgets to whatever you like, but if you put them too high you run the risk of your club having financial problems in the future, so I advise against going too high.
5) Facilities may be upgraded at any time, however at a cost:
£2,500,000 for a minor improvement to your youth system.
£3,000,000 for a minor improvement to your traning facilities.
Stadium upgrades will not be considered in the first season, I will revisit this after the first season.
1) To sign a player from another team in your league you must contact the Chairman of that team and agree a value with them via PM. (You can then calculate their wage using one of the rules below) Both Chairmen will then need to PM me with the agreed amount, and once I have confirmed it then you can announce the transfer in the thread.
2) The number of players that you can sign is limited to the following:
Transfers between clubs in the league - Unlimited
Loans between clubs in the league - Unlimited
Transfers from clubs in your nation, below your league - 5 per season
Transfers from foreign clubs - Maximum of 2 in the Summer, maximum of 1 in January.
Loans from foreign clubs - 2 per season
Free signings - 3 per season
Transfers of youth players* from foreign clubs - Maximum of 1 in the Summer, maximum of 1 in January.
*A youth player is classified as a player aged 18 or under and valued at below £2,500,000*
3) The price of players is as follows:
Transfers between clubs in the league - Agreed between Chairmen
Transfers from clubs in your nation, below your league - Double the players current value
Transfers from foreign clubs - 2.5 times the players current value
Transfers of youth players from foreign clubs - Double the players current value IF they have not represented their nation and have played less than 10 senior games for their club. Four times the players current value if they have represented their nation or have played more than 10 senior games.
If players are transfer listed or have a release clause, then they will be taken into account and the lowest amount will be used as the purchase price
4) If there is a player that you want to sign on a free transfer then you must PM me their name. Then at the end of the transfer window I will put them all in the thread and there will be a blind auction. By that I mean every Chairman can submit contracts to the players, these offers will be sent to me via PM. After the auction has finished the players will join the team that offers him the highest contract.
5) You may release any players from their contract at any time, but will have to pay the remainder of their contract to do so.
6) If you wish to sell players then you need to post them in the thread as available. Other Chairmen can then make offers for them if they wish. If they are not sold to another Chairman in the league then I will set them as transfer listed in the game, this does not guarantee that they will be sold however.
This is quite complicated, so please read it carefully.
The wages that players will be signed on will vary depending on the player you're signing and the club that you're at.
Predicted League Position of 1st to 6th:
Player aged 18 of less - 1.75 times current wage
Players aged 19 to 32 with less than 10 international caps - 1.75 times current wage
Players aged 19 to 32 with more than 10 international caps - 2 times current wage
Players aged 33 or over - 1.5 times current wage
Players from own nation - 1.5 times current wage
Predicted League Position of 7th to 14th
Players aged 18 or less - 1.5 times current wage
Players aged 19 to 32 with less than 10 international caps - 1.5 times current wage
Players aged 19 to 32 with more than 10 international caps - 1.75 times current wage
Players aged 33 or over - 1.25 times current wage
Players from own nation - 1.25 times current wage
Predicted League Position of 15th to 20th
Players aged 18 or less - 1.25 times current wage
Players aged 19 to 32 with less than 10 international caps - 1.25 times current wage
Players aged 19 to 32 with more than 10 international caps - 1.5 times current wage
Players aged 33 or over - Same as current wage
Players from own nation - Same as current wage
In my chairman game I will be changing the balances a little with kind of a raffle. I found with some of the teams chairmen wouldn't be able to make many transfers due to the balance of the club. Well usually when a new chairman comes in the bringing in more assets. So for the clubs with low balances that are unlikely to participate in the transfers as much as others I will be writing down all the names on slips of paper and picking them out of a hat. This will be how I will choose the new balances of clubs. There will only be gain. Even if it is small. For further information PM me.
Again all credit goes to bornesplorer88 for giving me the inspiration to do my own the template. Thank you Borne