Like Tree26Likes
  • 1 Post By Logorex
  • 4 Post By seanhrfc
  • 9 Post By Jean-Luc
  • 6 Post By aussie
  • 6 Post By Spleen

Weirdest wonder-kid nationality.

1. Weirdest wonder-kid nationality.

Hey guys, there was a topic of this on last years FM but i havn't been able to find it nor one for this year.

Its just something i love looking at, seeing really odd countries come through with a wonderkid regen....

So let everyone know of yours so far........

I've just seen a kid from Bunkina Faso come through who looks the goods.....

2. Had an Estonian Messi I remember on FM12, was the best save I've ever had

3. I had a kid from South Sudan. I was like O_o.
    Djzone likes this.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Logorex View Post
    I had a kid from South Sudan. I was like O_o.
    wow, never even seen even 1 kid from there..... nice

5. You all must play with a massive database

6. Quote Originally Posted by nickc1994 View Post
    You all must play with a massive database
    i play with a large data base. you do see the odd one come through, its rare though.....

7. Quote Originally Posted by nickc1994 View Post
    You all must play with a massive database
    Not even. A medium database.

8. Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    wow, never even seen even 1 kid from there..... nice
    It is because it declared independence in 2011 and for that reason, I don't think it was implemented in FM12

9. In my last save the best player in the world was a Brazilian guy who was essentially the reincarnation of Pele. I managed him for a season at Barcelona, and he was pretty awesome. But the one player I really wanted to manage and never did was the second best, Boubacar Camara, the Gabonese Messi (if you can compare Messi with a hulking 6'2" African). Not just because all his technique stats were off the charts, but because every time I encountered his side, Real Madrid, he'd been shunted out to left wing in a 4-4-2 and did nothing. I really wanted to know what he'd have been like to watch week in week out at his proper position of AMC. But not to be. Oh well.

10. I've seen quite a few African wonderkids. A lot of them are based in France though and go onto playing for them rather than their country of birth. Quite realistic actually. Burkina Faso for whatever reason I've found is quite a hotbed for young talent. Stumbled upon them though chance rather than my epic scouting skills...

11. I've got a chinese striker who is probably the best striker in the world now!

Weirdest wonder-kid nationality.-wen-zhenghua_-overview-attributes.png

12. A striker from Iran won world player of the year and played for Barcelona ... He is 27 and has scored 230goals in 198 games

13. I found an Ethiopian xavi, Barcelona beat me too him though and signed him for 52mil!!!

14. My highest PA player is from Kazakhstan, 200!!

15. I've had a couple of belters from the middle east...one from Kazakhstan and also one from Iran over the years. Both were top 5 in the world and did wonders for their countries national team!

16. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    I've got a chinese striker who is probably the best striker in the world now!

Attachment 325301
    holy shit, his pretty sweet, 23 yrs old 32 mill..... nice

17. In the FM12 show off your regen thread, I remember someone posting a 15-year-old white Liberian who was already a world-class player.

I haven't had any near that cool. A really good center back from Cyprus is the best I got.

18. On FM12 I had a Afghan goalkeeper. That is by far the stangest I've ever come across.
    He was highly rated but only played 1 and 1/2 seasons after i saw him so he never really developed.

19. On my old Liverpool save (That corrupted for reasons beyond my comprehensions) I had a few "weird" wonderkids. I had a striker from Hong Kong that was brilliant, and a midfielder from Australia.

On my current Liverpool save I've got a brilliant left winger/striker from India.

20. Striker coming through my youth system who's from Thailand.

21. Celticthroughandthrough88
    Quote Originally Posted by apvmoreira View Post
    My highest PA player is from Kazakhstan, 200!!
    Can we get a screenshot? Would love to see they guy!

22. England

23. I think it was on my Atletico Madrid save in FM12 that Real Madrid had a really good American regen. I should go back and check. I really wanted to get the USA manager job, but Jurgen Klinsmann would never give it up.

24. Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Luc View Post
    England
    haha, i've never had any that are good from there, where is it, somewhere near russia...
    Jean-Luc, dilakh2, Logorex and 3 others like this.

25. Quote Originally Posted by Turtle Farmer View Post
    On FM12 I had a Afghan goalkeeper. That is by far the stangest I've ever come across.
    He was highly rated but only played 1 and 1/2 seasons after i saw him so he never really developed.
    That's not strange. Afghanis are pretty good at cricket, and goalkeeping is basically wicketkeeping only the balls are bigger. And you actually have to catch the thing instead of flail randomly at it and then listen to Andy Towsend saying "Good goalkeeping, that's good goalkeeping, he's not taking any chances".
    Brendn, kitchin75, dilakh2 and 3 others like this.

26. Quote Originally Posted by Spleen View Post
    That's not strange. Afghanis are pretty good at cricket, and goalkeeping is basically wicketkeeping only the balls are bigger. And you actually have to catch the thing instead of flail randomly at it and then listen to Andy Towsend saying "Good goalkeeping, that's good goalkeeping, he's not taking any chances".
    Afghanis are terrible at cricket, about on par with england. It doesn't get much worse. But seriously, Afghanistan are useless cricketers

27. Heinr Diaz a Coasta Rican left winger who I sold for 40 odd million after signing him for 40k.
    Weirdest wonder-kid nationality.-heinerdiaz_overviewattributes-2_zps366bb9da.png

Song Lefeng a Chinese striker and probably the best player I have ever seen on any version of FM.

Weirdest wonder-kid nationality.-songlefeng_overviewattributes_zpsd893b991.png

Both are multiple world player of the year winners.

28. remember having seen a vietnamese 17 year old with a PA of 195 in FM 12 WBA save he was signed by Dortmund as i could not get a WP for him.

29. I have a goalie from the bahamas with a CA of 188 and a AMC from Fiji with a CA of 191! I have many players from weird nations.

Weirdest wonder-kid nationality.-jeffkirk.pngWeirdest wonder-kid nationality.-rinalprasad.pngWeirdest wonder-kid nationality.-squadd.png

30. Quote Originally Posted by MojoDex View Post
    Heinr Diaz a Coasta Rican left winger who I sold for 40 odd million after signing him for 40k.
    Attachment 326186

Song Lefeng a Chinese striker and probably the best player I have ever seen on any version of FM.

Attachment 326187

Both are multiple world player of the year winners.

your chinese striker is stil amazing at 36, physical stats are still going strong....can we see his history...

31. Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    your chinese striker is stil amazing at 36, physical stats are still going strong....can we see his history...
    It's only his history when he played for me, He was sold due to a new Cantera policy. 4 years at Man City then they released him!

Weirdest wonder-kid nationality.-songlefeng_historycareerstats_zpsa36354fe.png

32. Quote Originally Posted by MojoDex View Post
    It's only his history when he played for me, He was sold due to a new Cantera policy. 4 years at Man City then they released him!

Attachment 326251
    its great you got 18 mil for a 32 yr old....... looks like an awesome player...... by the way whats the cantera policy.......

33. in regards to andorra...... did it come in that late in the game.....

34. Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    its great you got 18 mil for a 32 yr old....... looks like an awesome player...... by the way whats the cantera policy.......
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    in regards to andorra...... did it come in that late in the game.....
    Cantera is youth only. There is a story in the story section, 80 pages if your patience is up to it!
    El Gran Repte d'Andorra (The Great Andorran Challenge)

35. Quote Originally Posted by Celticthroughandthrough88 View Post
    Can we get a screenshot? Would love to see they guy!
    Wrong nationality, after all he was Georgian with double nationality from England

36. Had a gem from Bermuda once

37. Have a 5 star potential 16 year old DM from Vietnam in my Arsenal save, came through the system I guess because of they have an affiliated club there

38. Quote Originally Posted by Chokopop View Post
    and a midfielder from Australia.
    We are pretty awful, I never find good Aussie regens, I wish I did because I love playing Australian guys in the big European leagues, and I usually manage Australia. In saying that, you got a Timmy Cahill

39. Quote Originally Posted by Sketchkov View Post
    We are pretty awful, I never find good Aussie regens, I wish I did because I love playing Australian guys in the big European leagues, and I usually manage Australia. In saying that, you got a Timmy Cahill
    Haha indeed. Though, on this years game, I have found quite a few 4-5 star Aussie regens. So hey, you might get lucky and find one sometime.

40. I have seen Niger, UAE, Zim, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia actually produce good regens!

41. Weirdest wonder-kid nationality.-wen-zhenghua_-overview-attributes.pngWeirdest wonder-kid nationality.-wen-zhenghua_-overview-attributes-2.png

Update on my Chinese Striker/Beast! Still improving, averaging just over a goal a game for club and country and an assist every other game. He must be very close to his maximum potential! Can't believe I snapped this guy up on a free.

42. Quote Originally Posted by Chokopop View Post
    Haha indeed. Though, on this years game, I have found quite a few 4-5 star Aussie regens. So hey, you might get lucky and find one sometime.
    Yeah ive found a few good ones through the AIS, you can pickthem up so cheap too....

43. Not sure if he would be classed as a wonder-kid, but this striker from El Salvador has been great on my Aberystwyth save.

Weirdest wonder-kid nationality.-oscar-armando-quintanilla_-overview-profile-2.png

44. Quote Originally Posted by Safc-mad-scotty View Post
    Not sure if he would be classed as a wonder-kid, but this striker from El Salvador has been great on my Aberystwyth save.

Attachment 327691
    yeah maybe not a wonderkid, but still pretty good....

how did you pick him up for your club....

45. Bump

46. Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    Bump
    Don't 'bump' a thread unless you have something useful to post.

47. that's a par bruv

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO