Financial advice wanted.

1. Financial advice wanted.

Hey guys.

I seem to always be having a problem when managing as my hometown team, Scunthorpe United. No matter what happens or however much I trim the wage budget, we always seem to be making a loss every season.

Is this because we are in League One, and therefore don't have a big reputation? Or am I doing something wrong?

Also, if any of you have any tips for turning a profit when in the lower leagues, please feel free to share.

Thanks

2. Youngsters and cup runs!

3. tubby's Avatar tubby
    Star Player
    Sell everyone, replace with cheaper regens. Repeat until monopoly

4. Sell players in their prime.

GK - 29-30
    Defenders - 27-31
    Midfielders - 26-29
    Strikers - 27-30

Replace with young regens and rinse and repeat. Also attacking football is more attractive to fans, more fans = more money.

5. Cheers guys. I wasn't sure if selling everyone and replacing with youngsters would be good, as there'd be a lot of inexperienced players. But I'll give it a try

Also, thanks for the attacking football idea. I never thought about it bringing in more fans.

Cheers guys

6. Quote Originally Posted by EndlessTimeZone View Post
    Cheers guys. I wasn't sure if selling everyone and replacing with youngsters would be good, as there'd be a lot of inexperienced players. But I'll give it a try

Also, thanks for the attacking football idea. I never thought about it bringing in more fans.

Cheers guys
    Don't sell everyone at once though, replacing too much of the squad at one time can eff up chemistry

7. So should I sell the high earners, even if they're the best ones in my team?

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO