CB really fast?

1. CB really fast?

Is it me or do the CBs in the game seem a lot faster this year? I break through a high line only for fastest striker in the league to get caught by the CBs is this just me?

2. Shaymen of Halifax's Avatar Shaymen of Halifax
    Trainee
    How fast is the striker?

3. Striker runs with the ball - Defender runs without. Only Kaka is faster with the ball.

4. Yeah but if you have 5-10 yards on a defender should beat him especially when there acc is 8 and mine is like 18 and pace 17

5. Death Ball's Avatar Death Ball
    Modern Day Legend
    I wouldn't say they're faster this year. I think the speed penalty to run with the ball may always have been a bit steep. Very rarely I've seen a player with ball not be caught by others without. Usually it's about getting without the ball a gap close enough to the opposition goal that the player won't be caught in time.

Only once I've seen a slow CB not caught up with the fast striker. CB's pace was 4, Striker's 20. I'd say the pace difference not to be caught may be around 10-15.

6. There has always been an element in the match engine of "roll d20s - does the defender's anticipation and tackling beat the striker's movement and pace - if yes then defender steals in front and nicks the ball away". Which can sometimes look a bit silly, because if the crude FM models aren't good enough at showing a defender's positioning, movement, body shape, whether he's on his toes, etc, then it just looks as if he's beaten a faster player in a footrace. When it's actually one of those other aspects of defensive play that has allowed him to intercept.

I actually think it's got better in FM13, I saw far more daft footraces and absurdly good toe-end tackles in FM11.

7. it just seems that every through ball I play never amounts to much unless the player scores a ridiculous lob and that the game is so wing orientated now.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Spleen View Post
    There has always been an element in the match engine of "roll d20s - does the defender's anticipation and tackling beat the striker's movement and pace - if yes then defender steals in front and nicks the ball away". Which can sometimes look a bit silly, because if the crude FM models aren't good enough at showing a defender's positioning, movement, body shape, whether he's on his toes, etc, then it just looks as if he's beaten a faster player in a footrace. When it's actually one of those other aspects of defensive play that has allowed him to intercept.

I actually think it's got better in FM13, I saw far more daft footraces and absurdly good toe-end tackles in FM11.
    That would make sense, just in the match engine when you see your player through with that amount of pace and ground you expect a one on one and to get tackled before you reach the box is a bit of an exaggeration and now I just feel the need to have amazing wingers instead of a creative force in the midfield, for example like those at Barcelona as the through balls played seem so ineffective.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO