Like Tree1089Likes

Features missing in FM2012 and new features for FM2013

1. Features missing in FM2012 and new features for FM2013

Not sure if it has been done yet and I know it's a bit early but what do you think is missing in this years version or should be put in nexy years???

My one is:
    - on the bench you can see your staff and yourself during match, not just the substitutes as currently

2. - Controlling how your players act when they're not on the ball. I know you can 'hassle opponents' etc, but I think you should be able to actually position players in different areas of the pitch when the other team are attacking.

3. would've thought thats what the positioning attribute was for
    BeadSTARR, Mike, 9barjames and 2 others like this.

4. Ability to 'tag' players on your team for weekly updates by coaches on their development instead of random updates on random players.
    Jakob021, Triv, JonoMUFC and 18 others like this.

5. Also, being able to set your trial youth to target or select certain types of youths (ie: more athletic/stronger/faster/technically solid/"mature"/etc), or by height-weight (I want 6'0 170lbs minimum), or position (we have excess strikers and don't need anymore).
    shankar, Triv, Naron and 9 others like this.

6. Quote Originally Posted by ajt09 View Post
    would've thought thats what the positioning attribute was for
    It has something related but it was better if you could organize your team in a 4-5-1 when you have the ball and in a 4-4-2 when you don't for example

7. Quote Originally Posted by crispy6 View Post
    Ability to 'tag' players on your team for weekly updates by coaches on their development instead of random updates on random players.
    You can request training report for any player in the team anytime you want.
    seonaidh06 likes this.

8. Quote Originally Posted by crispy6 View Post
    Also, being able to set your trial youth to target or select certain types of youths (ie: more athletic/stronger/faster/technically solid/"mature"/etc), or by height-weight (I want 6'0 170lbs minimum), or position (we have excess strikers and don't need anymore).

That was good and also the countries/towns should produce players of one kind similar as IRL:

In Portugal there are many Wingers so in the game Portugal should produce many wingers aswell and Italy should produce Defender, Brazil atackers ...

9. Quote Originally Posted by duca View Post
    It has something related but it was better if you could organize your team in a 4-5-1 when you have the ball and in a 4-4-2 when you don't for example
    oops ;P

10. Quote Originally Posted by crispy6 View Post
    oops ;P

What?

11. like that idea of being able to change formations while def cause in real man utd and even barca do it...

12. You should be able to tell your players to isolate certain players, like if you can see a fullback playing badly, too get at him as he is the weak link!!
    JCMUtdfan1, Tiki Taka and EkoE13 like this.

13. I reckon it would be nice to play as a manager already existing. so you can take over a club and continue with the manager they currently have and his reputation. or take over a manager out of work and get a job matching his real life rep.

14. maybe reserve team management without also being 1st team manager?
    S.J, Clyde1998, soccerkid5 and 8 others like this.

15. More hot women!

Staff members that is :L

16. I7IDanny's Avatar I7IDanny
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Chokopop View Post
    More hot women!

Staff members that is :L

Stole this from me... Bastard

And it wasn't as blunt as that. I merely suggested that if a female manager had a high rep and a top job (eg - United, World-Class manager) a higher proportion of female staff should be generated?
    Last edited by I7IDanny; 02/01/2012 at 11:23 PM.

17. Quote Originally Posted by I7IDanny View Post
    Stole this from me... Bastard
    Not quite... I want more female staff. You want female regens. Touché. Bastard!

18. I7IDanny's Avatar I7IDanny
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Chokopop View Post
    Not quite... I want more female staff. You want female regens. Touché. Bastard!
    Never mentioned regens. Just pointed out there weren't any female regen faces (and thanked God there wasn't - the regens are bad enough as it is :L)

19. on the shouts should be a run the clock down rather then having to go into tactics and do it manually. would also like to see a scenario creator i know you can do things in the editor but would prefer something specifically for scenarios i.e you get into the main menu click scenario creator then set the season halfway through and make chelsea underachieve then take over after say 17 games and rescue the season if that makes sense

20. maybe have randomly generated coach stats for your manager and you can decide if you want yourself to do part of training as some do that whereas other don't.
    and maybe ability to build up relationship with chairman so your less likely to be fired or get money for a player

21. One thing i want in the next FM is players to actually charge down the keeper, they can take upto a minute on the ball and it's so frustrating...

22. I would like to see an option where you can tell your strikers to attack the first post, or run behind the defenders on a cross ball.
    Now all you can do is tell your wingers where to aim at when crossing.
    WannaB, Hazza22299, doupiq and 2 others like this.

23. Streakers

24. Something I'd love to see implemented is some clubs holding interviews for vacant manager positions. I would see it working a bit like how media interviews go now. Maybe the board could place expectations on you depending what you promised in the interview. Would just like to see some reason behind getting/not getting the job

Would also like to be able to ask for more when you're discussing your own contract with the board. For example, agreeing to sign a new deal with a clause promising a stadium expansion, or other investment.

25. Well , i would like to hire an assassin who will kill enemy players .
    The Ultime FM God likes this.

26. The ability to stop a substitution before the ball goes out of play. The amount of times I've decided on a sub or 2 only for something to happen to make want to change it. Unless you can and I'm being stupid.
    brokeng, Si, LeesP and 6 others like this.

27. Quote Originally Posted by Benend View Post
    - Controlling how your players act when they're not on the ball. I know you can 'hassle opponents' etc, but I think you should be able to actually position players in different areas of the pitch when the other team are attacking.
    in the old championship manager series that is how the tactics were done, its now developed into what you see today, and you can aid their positioning by adjusting Mentality

28. players suffer from personal things, like absence due to wife giving birth or drop in form due to sex scandel
    Clyde1998, Darf Spud, JDB and 7 others like this.

29. Wouldn't mind see a fight every so often...

Taking odds on Joey Barton red cards

30. Quote Originally Posted by mikod View Post
    Streakers
    Streakers getting kicked by players, red-carded, then quitting the match in protest?

31. Having the ability to define what areas of focus you want your youth training academy to focus on when churning out youth players. Ie: Do you want to focus on more technical stats like dribbling, first touch, technique, passing, or do you want to focus on more general stats like strength, positioning/off the ball/decisions and so forth so you can have some control over who comes out of your academy. Note that this doesn't override a players natural abilities, it just will hopefully tone down the strange stats given to some players (ie: defender with high penalty taking/corners/crossing/no jumping or something).

32. I think the game itself is fine right now, but id like to see some changes within the 3D engine.

- Crowds: They have been improved really well for FM12, the way they a dressed and all that. But, i think the animations could be vastly improved. I.E: Only a select few of the fans getting up and pointing fingers at the ref if he makes a bad call, the crowd jumping properly when a goal is scored.

Also, the figures could be a little more realistic. Like, full for a man city, man united, chelsea etc.. But, say it's a Wigan or a team like them, and they are losing a few games, then the crowd should drop slightly. And also, for leagues like my one here in Australia, the A-League. The crowds here are like 8 to 9 thousand. The only two teams who get decent crowds are, Melbourne Victory, who get like 20,000 most of the time, and the Jets, who get 13, 14,000 most games. Also, with the A-League, the whole crowd sits, except for the supporter groups, who wear the clubs colours and stand, chant and everything, with flags and stuff. I think this would be a nice addition. I wish SI would make all crowds for every league realistic.

So i think the crowds would be the one thing they imrpove on in FM13, but also other things too of course. But id like to see the 3D engine improved the most, rather than the actual simulation itself.

33. Quote Originally Posted by iGary View Post
    Wouldn't mind see a fight every so often...

Taking odds on Joey Barton red cards
    I would really like to see this too. There could be a new stat: Card prone.

This would work really well, as the players with a 11-20 Card prone stat would be more likely to start a fight, go into tackles harder, etc..
    JCMUtdfan1 and diego1709 like this.

34. thorton
    First Team
    id really like to see a more in-depth set piece creator like in fifa, where you can set peoples runs and stuff to create some slick free-kicks which tear the opponent apart like barca do occasionally.

id also still like to be able to set each person with a preferred tactic per position, so if im bringing off one of my strikers for a DM to hold onto a win i dont have to go into the settings and change all the individual instructions all the time.

35. 1.to be able to see the skills of a player in the field.for example CR the known dribble he does
    2.to be able to see the car that goes in the field to take the injured player and not see the psychotherapist hold him fromhis hair and drag him out.
    3.to see the coaches along their bench.or walking along it.
    4.to stop seeing AI stealing the game with a long shoot by a player with 8 long shot att while you have 20 to 1 chances with many ccc..same story not seeing AI stealing the game in the last 5 min.or catching a heading from 18jumbing etc tower CB.a player with 11 jumbing/heading.correct AI.Attributes have a role after all.and its not by accident when you see such thing 10 times a year at least.
    5.to change some reactions-answers of players when you say to them something logical and then seems to not be motivated or be stressed etc.it is silly not truth at all.
    6.STOP the board of wanting younfired when your team has 8wins on the road,is climbing,wins in europe inter and is top in her group at EL play amazing football and the only thing that did wrong is too fail to start good in the start of the season and was at the bottom of the championship standings.
    FOR GOD SHAKEWE ARE CLIMBING.every week i am forced to play with the gun in my head and the 3-0 or 5-0 cannt save me at the next bad result
    That FOR START
    diego1709 likes this.

36. Sorry if this has been posted before forgive me.
    One thing I really like about the latest FM's is the achievments on steam.
    But instead of having them marked off one by one, I think it would make it better if it was scored on points.
    So easy one is ' your team scored a goal' - 1 point. Upto 'English here achieve promotion from the lowest to highest league in england' is worth 20 points.

37. Dynamic PA. Players who have consistantly good seasons and stat progression should see a rise in their overall PA, and should be doubly so for younger players. Conversly, if a player has been terrible on the pitch and not making much progression in their training, their PA should take a hit accordingly (mental stats like determination and work rate would help increase the highs and soften the lows).

38. players current ability can go up if they have a good season, like Steve Morrison, few years ago he was conferance and most likely would have been rated far less than he is now but after great seasons higher up his ability has improved dramaticly and even when he had reached his full potential

39. I like that idea of Free kicks, like FIFA.

Also, another good addition would be having the ability to talk to your players privately at half time. Like if a certain player has struggled, or has done really well, you can give them a private talking into, instead of the whole team or just defense, attack or midfield.

40. Thats already in this game nick

41. tubby's Avatar tubby
    Star Player
    Quote Originally Posted by nickmajfc View Post
    Also, another good addition would be having the ability to talk to your players privately at half time. Like if a certain player has struggled, or has done really well, you can give them a private talking into, instead of the whole team or just defense, attack or midfield.
    .... thats in 12, and was in 11, 10 and all games featuring team talks. You just use the dropdown along from their name instead of the one under positions etc
    BeadSTARR and Benniewijs like this.

42. 1. being able to see your manager walking along the touchline

2. being able to tell your players to warm up, and watching them warm up

3. being able to tell players what to do specifically when they get on the pitch (player instructions but more detailed)

43. I still want the opportunity to choose your own favorite playstyle, formations etc when you create your manager, instead of the usual preset 4-4-2 etc.

44. Poppa_ChesterCityFC's Avatar Poppa_ChesterCityFC
    Star Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ccc4hris View Post
    players suffer from personal things, like absence due to wife giving birth or drop in form due to sex scandel
    No sports game developers with real life licensed players in their games are allowed to put off the field scandals in their games.
    Last edited by Poppa_ChesterCityFC; 08/01/2012 at 04:13 PM.

45. I would like to be able to see me on the touchline, have options at the start of what you do like, the aVB stance, stand on the touchline (O'Neil like) or sit down the whole match, have animations of you giving instructions when you use a shout. Could use wages to customise the manager, start of in a simple tracksuit and with wages you can buy suits, touchline stances, etc...

The idea of what your club looks for in youth is a good idea.

Also like the variation in on and off the ball formations.

Isolating players as well, opposing team may have a weak link so I want to exploit it or try and get a player sent off.

Scenarios would be fun to do as well, perhaps from previous seasons. Like FM 12 could have "keep Blackpool in the Prem in 15" for example.

The interview idea for jobs is good, implementing things like what the board want and how you would try and achieve things and what you would do with the squad, signings, how much money you would need, etc. This should be options on new contracts as well for managers, as someone said about adding clauses like "build a new stadium" or "more transfer money". I think this would be really good and could affect staying or leaving a club more.

I would like to be able to start as an Assistant Manager, would make for a good tutorial style start to the game and you could have options like go lower down to manage or stick it out and hope your manager gets sacked and you have a chance to impress. The board could offer a 5/10 game contract where you have to get a set number of points to get the job.

46. Quote Originally Posted by Poppa_ChesterCityFC View Post
    No sports game developers with real life licensed players in their games are allowed to put off the field scandals in their games.
    some one on here had Michael chopra out for 2 years with a gambling problem, and if not allowed then maybe only to regens

Another good idea for next years one would be the able to be caretaker manager so you can try and stake a claim for the real thing

47. I thinks its obvious that you get more intrest from your wage budget compared to the transfer budget.
    In RL it must be the same. You know when you have to pay the wages each month and you can
    put the surplus on a bank deposit for several months to earn more intrest.

The transfer budget can be spend daily when have signed a new player. So this money can't be put
    on a deposit account for months.

The only thing I am missing is the Investment Budget. Money you put aside not to buy players and
    pay wages, but to build a new stadium, training complex, ..... In RL you are planning this ahead and
    you can earn more intrest than both the above budgets since you can put them in deposit for a few
    years (by normal intrest conditions on the market).

Correct me if I am wrong but I think this would be great to have in the game.
    shv 96, Hazza22299, irbis and 1 others like this.

48. Scullybug
    First Team
    I find it quite annoying how some players refuse to even discuss a contract because your team isnt "reputable" enough, so they could put something in where you can discuss with the player/representatives what your plans are and how they fit in and try to convince them to join your club as happens IRL.

Also can they please fix it so that the ball can't bounce of the advertising boards and bounce back through the net. Its quite annoying when I think ive scored but havnt.

Also maybe putting more emphasis on Deadline Day. E.g - News items on rumors flying around, reporters claiming to see players at your stadium etc... I think that would make it quite exciting.
    Si, nikidoug, JonoMUFC and 26 others like this.

49. Quote Originally Posted by Valhal View Post
    I still want the opportunity to choose your own favorite playstyle, formations etc when you create your manager, instead of the usual preset 4-4-2 etc.

It will after the first season

50. I've noticed a feature SI have removed, it may have already been mentioned:

Manager/Player/Goal of the Month.
    irbis likes this.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO