Wigan Athletic - What Happens...Happens
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

1. Wigan Athletic - What Happens...Happens

Click image for larger version

Name:	220px-Wigan_Athletic.svg.png
Views:	3757
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	281453

Hello everyone, been reading through a few of the current stories on the forum and it has motivated me to give it a go myself. Another reason I’ve decided to give a story a go is for motivational purposes. I have found it hard to stick to a save since FM13 has been released, but sharing it with you guys on the forum will definitely motivate me to keep it going! Anyways enough with the boring talk, time to get this story moving.

I’ve gone for Wigan, and I have no idea why. Maybe it’s the fact they have been stuck in the same situation for a good 5-6 years now (only just avoiding relegation) hopefully push them higher up the table and one day be pushing for European competition places. I have no target in mind, as you can most probably tell from the stories name. I’m just looking to play, and evaluate where I am, and what I can do from then on. Could find myself in a relegation battle….or maybe push for a top half finish. We’ll just have to wait and see.

I have played pre-season already, and have also finished all transfer activity at the club, unless someone comes in with an extraordinary offer of course.

Transfers In

- Ryan Donk – CB | £2.6 Million
    - Wellington Nem – CAM | £3.2 Million
    - Gelson Fernandes – CDM | £3.5 Million
    - O. Hiljermark – CM | £1 Million
    - Juan Albin – CAM | 3.1 Million
    - S. Camara – RW | Loan
    - R. Lemaitre – LB | Free
    - N. Helenius – ST |3.6 Million

Overall I’d have to say I’m happy with the signings I have made. I wasn’t planning on bringing in this many players. But for the prices they were available at, I couldn’t turn them down. A few transfers have been spread over 24 months as well. Very excited about the prospect of Wellington Nem!

Transfers Out

- C. McManaman – ST | Loan to Preston
    - M. Boselli – ST | Loan to Spurs
    - J. McArthur – CM | 3.3 Million to Wolves
    - Piscu – CB | 1.3 Million to Huddersfield
    - F. Fryer – CM | Loan to Leeds
    - R. Golbert – CB | Free to Luton
    - A. Crusat – LW | 2.2 Million to Forest

Felt these players weren’t cutting it for Wigan, so decided to ship them off. Also receive 500k a month from Spurs for the loan of Boselli, which isn’t too shabby if you ask me.

Just had a look at our fixtures over the first couple of months, and I can honestly say I have never seen anyone have a tough first 10 games as we have! Looks like it could be a long season for us. I’m going to set a target of at least 10 points from the first 11 games. Think it’s safe to say I am not looking forward to September!

Name:	Wigan Athletic_ Fixtures Schedule.jpg
Views:	1801
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	281454

Next update will be up shortly as it will be done monthly!

Last edited by LChelsea; 05/11/2012 at 04:08 PM.
    Sam91 and likeabaws like this.

2. Really nice layout and a real challenging team!!

Good work in the transfer market too epsecially Wellington Nem

3. Quote Originally Posted by Sam91 View Post
    Really nice layout and a real challenging team!!

Good work in the transfer market too epsecially Wellington Nem

Cheers man appreciate it. Going to be a challenge thats for sure

4. awesome stuff mate, will definitely be following, I did 3 wigan saves on fm12 and only stayed up once, but with the great young signings you've made you look like you can do it. If you're still in september/october/earky november, why don't you throw a contract at Royston Drenthe? He has around 25k p/w wages but he'd be a great addition, as wigan don't have much pace in the team. But it's your story man, great so far KIU

5. August

West Brom 0 - 2 Wigan

Quite an even game but we took our chances very well. Great header from Ivan Ramis from a corner and a late goal from Camara sealed a great win for us.

Wigan 2-0 Fulham

Another 2-0 win for us. Got to say im surprised at how well we’ve started. Goals from McCarthy and once again Camara won us the game. Another pleasing aspect was another clean sheet.

Bristol City 1-3 Wigan (Capital One Cup 2nd Round)

Played a weakened team in this match, and we only just pulled through. Went 1 down early on but managed to snatch an equaliser late on to take the match to extra time. Extra time was fairly straight forward and our class showed as we took a two goal lead.

September

Wigan 2-1 Man City

Wow. When City took the lead early on with a great strike from Aguero, I was fearing the worst. But two goals in the second half from Ivan Ramis and Kone won us the game. Defended extremely well in this game… 3 games 3 wins. What a start.

Man Utd 4-0 Wigan

It was coming sooner rather than later. We gave away an early penalty and there was no coming back from that. United completely outplayed us…Van Persie and Gaitan grabbing both goals for United.

Wigan 1-4 Everton (Capital One Cup 3rd Round)

Funnily enough we took an early lead with Helenius grabbing a goal on his first start for The Lactics. But Everton scored 3 with-in 15 minutes and dominated from then on. Everton where sitting top of the table and have started the campaign amazingly, having sold Fellaini as well.

Wigan 1-3 Newcastle

Looks like our form is slipping drastically. Once again we were dominated from start to finish, a late consolation from Helenius helped make the score line look a little bit more respectable. But in all honesty we deserved to lose, really hoping we can win our next game against Newcastles rivals Sunderland, but The Stadium Of Light is a hard place to go that’s for sure.

So after 5 games, we are currently sitting 8th with 9 points. Al though the last 3 results of the month weren’t very convincing on our behalf, we have had a fantastic start to the season, could get even better if we manage to win our game in hand (It’s against Chelsea but you never know). I’ll leave you with the league table as it stands. Think the next couple of months are going to be very interesting for us. Cheers for checking my story out as well. Appreciate the comments etc!

Name:	English Premier Division_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	1756
Size:	385.0 KB
ID:	281509

Sam91, kewlwarez and likeabaws like this.

6. I wish Maiga was doing as well on my story as he is on yours. Keep it up mate, loving this so far
    LChelsea likes this.

7. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Newcastle United and Aberdeen Modern Day Legend
    Nice start. I will be interested to see how you develop Fraser Fyvie
    LChelsea likes this.

8. October

Sunderland 0-3 Wigan

What a fantastic result. Considering we had lost 3 in a row in all competitions beforehand. We completely controlled the game from start to finish. Al though Sunderland are fighting for their lives I’m still chuffed with this result!

Wigan 0-1 Everton

Once again, Everton have beaten us at Home but this time in the Premier League. This time it was a lot closer as a contest and an early goal from Baines was just enough to nick the win for Moyes’ men, on to the next game.

Wigan 1-0 Spurs

Thanks to a goal keeping master class by Al Habsi, we managed to nick a 1-0 win over AVB’s boys. Al Habsi most certainly won us the match, and received a 9.6 rating for his performance. Very pleased with how well we have performed against the big teams this season.

Chelsea 4-0 Wigan

It seems that I either just nick the win, or get absolutely battered by the top teams, and the second definitely happened here. Al though two of their goals where penalties we fully deserved to lose. Chelsea have started slowly but wouldn’t be surprised if they’re pushing for the title come the end of the season.

Novemeber

Liverpool 1-1Wigan

We were very unlucky not to walk out of Anfield with all 3 points. We took the lead through a Helenius goal, but once again gave away a penalty which Gerrard converted. Overall very pleasing result, Rodgers was sacked the day after leaving Liverpool in 14th place.

Arsenal 3-0 Wigan

Away from home against the top 4, we have been useless. To be fair I am managing Wigan, but in future I am definitely looking to make us more competitive when we travel to the bigger teams in the country. Arsenal are currently sitting top of the league and going well, so not too disheartened by this result.

Wigan 1-0 West Ham

We just managed to get the win in this one. In all honesty West Ham deserved something from the match, but Kone’s clinical finish late on won it for us.

Southampton 1-2 Wigan

Great result away from home. Adam Lallana gave his side the lead early on, but another goal from Kone made the score-line level at half time. It was a close second half, but substitute Beausejour scored a screamer with 9 minutes remaining to seal the win for The Latics. Really pleased that we have managed to win a few away games this early on in the season.

Wigan 0-0 Stoke

A really boring match. Both teams defended well and kept shutting each other out. Dissapointed we never managed to score whilst playing at Home, but we will move on to the next game and hopefully get the goals going again.

So at the end of November, we are sitting in 5th after playing 14 games. Im very happy and surprised with how this season has gone so far, only thing that can be improved on is the amount of goals we are scoring. We have only managed 15 goals this season but somehow are sitting in 5th, imagine where we could be if we scored more? Anyways I better not get too far ahead of myself, im managing Wigan after all. I’ll leave you with the league table.

Name:	English Premier Division_ Overview Profile-2.png
Views:	1718
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	281666

Sam91 likes this.

9. lovely story. What tactics you playing as wigan dont have any out and out wide players.

good luck with this
    i shall be following as i live in wigan and you are already doing great

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast