Like Tree4Likes

Bury FC - Most dominant force in Lancashire??
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

1. Bury FC - Most dominant force in Lancashire??

BURY F.C.

Bury was formed in 1885, and hold the 3rd longest ongoing membership with the football league. They boast several records (some good, some bad) and are currently battling relegation from League 1.

The only major honours which Bury FC hold are 2 FA cup wins in 1900 & 1903. The second FA cup win came without conceding a goal in the whole competion, and also holding the record for the biggest win in a FA cup final (6-0 against Derby).

Bury's highest ever finish came in 1926 when they finished 4th in the First Division, which they where relegated from 2 years later, and are yet to return.

In 1998-99, Bury was relegated from the Second division by goals scored (being the only team to be relegated by this).

In May 2005 Bury was the first club to score 1,000 goals in each of the top four divisions. However in 2006 Bury was also the 1st team to be thrown out of the FA cup by fielding an ineligible player.

Fast-forward 7 years, and this is where Bury's story starts, can an unknown manager change their fortune, or are they destined to never reach the heights of 1900's?

Pre-Season update to follow. Any feedback and comments are welcome (I was going to do a Swansea save, however i feel that this will be a better challenge) My aim is to get the club to the PL while also making profits (going to be tricky!!)

***I have already completed 2 months on this prior to deciding to do a story (so in the pre-season update wont be too many ss, however will try and get together as much info as possible for this)***
    Last edited by MattLUFC; 16/11/2012 at 06:07 PM.

2. BURY APPOINT LAW AS NEW MANAGER

In a shocking twist, Bury FC have appointed England U19 manager Matthew Law as their new manager. Bury Chairman Brian Fenton says that after meeting with Mr Law he was impressed with his attitude and his plan of Bury FC. At the ripe age of 26 some people are already questioning whether Law has the credentials needed to help Bury FC fight relegation with such a small transfer budget.

Press Conference with Law:
    Hi Matthew, you sit here as the new manager of Bury FC. How are you going to cope with the pressure of the job at such a young age?

I'm not going to lie to you, this is a huge task and the hopes of thousands lie on my shoulders. If i don't delivery i will be known as the manager who didn't have the bottle. But saying that if i wasn't confident in my ability to take this club forward then i wouldn't have accepted Brian's offer would i?

What made Brian so sure that you was the person to manage Bury?

You would have to ask Brian that! But i think he was impressed with my desire and attitude to take this club to new heights. I have a 6 year plan with Bury FC and i hope that i am still here carry this plan through to the end, and make a new plan!

What is your 6 year plan?

The 6 year plan is quite simply, take Bury FC to the Premiership.

How do you plan on doing that when the club is tipped for relegation and with no money in the club?

I know that the club will be in for a fight this year, so i am just planning on avoiding relegation this year to push forward. I have to admit the finances aren't too great, but i believe in the potential this club has and if we can make a profit each month and build a healthy profitable club we can improve our facilities to make the club more attractive to potential players and who knows maybe investors.

What can we expect from you in the transfer market?

I will look to secure young talent, as i feel we need to build forward for the next 6 years. I am relying on a few loans this season to build up my relationship with them and who knows, if they enjoy there time at Bury we could make it permanent.

Lastly, What kind of football can we expect your team to play, and does it worry you that some of the team are much older than yourself?

You can expect my team to play nice attractive football, i spent a few seasons coaching at Barcelona where i got my badges, and i feel that is the most effective way. I will also try and impose a never say die attitude in my players and make us hard to break down and beat. And no my age doesnt worry me at all, respect is the most vital part of management, if the players respect me then they will play their heart out for me. Thank you for your time.

****Pre-season and August to follow tonight (any ideas on layout would be great, new to the story stuff!!)
    Last edited by MattLUFC; 22/11/2012 at 11:59 PM.

3. Pre-Season/August Update

Bury FC draw Barnsley away in the 1st round of the Capital One Cup
    Transfers get fustrating
    Out with old in with the new
    Bury FC suprise all

Club Information

Bury FC are predicted to finish the 2012/13 season in 22nd place, and are one of the favourites for relegation. Looking at the facilites at the, they are not special, and with only £700K in the bank balance things will be tight this year. Things are also going to be tought with the restricted wage budgets available. However i feel that we have 2 very promising players in David Worrall (AMR/L) and Lateef Elford-Alliyu (ST) who will need to perform if we are to stay in the league.

Attachment 284297Attachment 284293Attachment 284304Bury FC - Most dominant force in Lancashire??-club-facilities.jpg

Transfer's

Bury FC - Most dominant force in Lancashire??-bury-fc-transfer-aug-12.jpg

A very fustrating transfer window with no money to spend, however i feel i have some good young players in Andre Wisdom, Derrick Williams, David Ngoo and Krisztian Adorjan. Spent all transfer market trying to look for an AML which i am still without, however i feel that i can play David Healy there with Ngoo as back to AML/R. The DoF picked up Samuel Adjei, who i have to be honest with, i am quite impressed with and think he will improve. But the signing of the window has to be Sam Byram who i have on a loan for the season, but i am regretting the £20K per month fee. Got rid of alot of deadwood as well to clear up the wagebill!!

Bury FC - Most dominant force in Lancashire??-andre-wisdom.jpgBury FC - Most dominant force in Lancashire??-derrick-williams.jpgBury FC - Most dominant force in Lancashire??-krisztian-adorjan.jpgBury FC - Most dominant force in Lancashire??-sam-byram.jpg
    Bury FC - Most dominant force in Lancashire??-samuel-adjei.jpgBury FC - Most dominant force in Lancashire??-michael-ngoo.jpgBury FC - Most dominant force in Lancashire??-anton-robinson.jpg

Staff Changes/Team/Tactic's

Bury FC - Most dominant force in Lancashire??-bury-staff-changes-september-12.jpg
    As you can see from the staff changes, there is nothing much to report. I have brought Andy Cole in as an attacking coach and Dejan Stefanovic as a defensive coach.

Bury FC - Most dominant force in Lancashire??-player-potentials.jpgClick image for larger version

Name:	Bury FC.jpg
Views:	1323
Size:	265.8 KB
ID:	284314

As you can see the age of the players at my disposal are all relatively young, with a couple of experienced pros.

Bury FC - Most dominant force in Lancashire??-tactics.jpg

The tactics which i currently use is a 4-2-3-1, however with the squad that i have it isnt very short on depth in certain areas, mainly the full backs and AML.

Fixtures

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capital One Cup Round 1

Barnsley 0 - 2 Bury
    Worrall, Cullen
    MOM: Schumacher (set a goal up, and dominated the midfield)

Bury FC - Most dominant force in Lancashire??-bury-vs-barnsley-14-08-12.jpg

What a fantastic start as manager, as you can see from the start we more than held our own in this fixture, with more possession and shots. Cullen scored his goal in the 90th minute.Leicester at home await us in the 2nd round, can we pull off ANOTHER 'upset'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Npower League One

Bury 5 - 0 Portsmouth
    Healy 2, Elford-Alliyu 2, Worrall
    MOM: Healy (scored 2 and set 1 up)

My first game in charge at Gigg Lane couldn't have gone any better. Healy and Elford-Alliyu scored before half-time. In the dressing room i was delighted with this and let the players knwo that they was fantastic, but they didn't stop there. Elford-Alliyu got his 2nd closely followed by Healy, with Worrall rounding off the scoring. Another clean sheet as well was great!!

Npower League One

Oldham 2 - 1 Bury
    Williams
    MOM: Byrne (Oldham)

You never enjoy your first loss, but to make it worse it was against a local rival!... disappointing end to this game, with Williams scoring a late equaliser in the 88th minute, only for Oldham to score an even later winner!!

Npower League One

Bury 2 - 1 Brentford
    Schumacher (P), Worrall
    MOM: Carson

Back to winning ways and i am pleased with how we bounced back with the loss, Schumacher also missed a further penalty in the 65th minute. Surprised that Carson got MOM, we had 55% possession and only 1 less shot on target.

Capital One Cup Round 2

Bury 2 - 2 Leicester (6-5 on penalties!!)
    Elford-Alliyu, Ngoo
    MOM: Elford-Alliyu (Scored 1 and set the other up)

Bury FC - Most dominant force in Lancashire??-bury-vs-leicester-28-08-12.jpg

What a result this was, things were not looking good at all when Leicester stormed into a 2-0 lead after 17 minutes. Elford-Alliyu pulled one back in the 21st minutes. Then Ngoo scored what was the equalizer on the 61st minute. We did have luck though in the 89th minute when Nugent missed penalty for Leicester!! In the shoot-out it was up to Mark Hughes to smash home the winner, and send packing another Championship team!

Player of the Month

Bury FC - Most dominant force in Lancashire??-david-worrall.jpg

David Worrall - 5 apps, 3 goals, 2 assist. Average Rating: 7.60

Monthly Review

I am very pleased with my first month in charge, won 2 in the league and lost 1 as well as progressing to the 3rd round of the Capital One Cup. Season's aim this year is to avoid relegation, so I have to be happy with sitting in 4th spot! (who said you can't win with kids!!)

Bury FC - Most dominant force in Lancashire??-league-position-aug-12.jpg

**** ANY FEEDBACK AND COMMENTS ARE WELCOME, HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING MY STORY ****
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bury FC - Most dominant force in Lancashire??-fixtures-2.jpg  

4. Ive just started a save with The Mighty Shakers and have also got Barnsley away in the cup. One slight note, Peter Shirtliff is our AssMan IRL and Brian Fenton our chairman.

5. Quote Originally Posted by tommoburyfc View Post
    Ive just started a save with The Mighty Shakers and have also got Barnsley away in the cup. One slight note, Peter Shirtliff is our AssMan IRL and Brian Fenton our chairman.
    Thanks for that... was typing that up off the top of my head earlier on another PC!! will amend it now. Take the game to them you should do well!

6. Awesome, someone else doing a Bury save. Good luck man, it's been 3 seasons and I still haven't managed to get promoted yet...

7. Quote Originally Posted by Gazooki View Post
    Awesome, someone else doing a Bury save. Good luck man, it's been 3 seasons and I still haven't managed to get promoted yet...
    Cheers mate, i can't believe how little resources you have, even with City as a parent club (no players would come to me!) nearly finished September so update should be up over the weekend

8. Ive edited my squad to include all the loanees Blackie has signed IRL and Tom Soares who we have on non contract terms......dunno if you guys consider that cheating but Ive got a decent team now haha

9. Quote Originally Posted by MattLUFC View Post
    Cheers mate, i can't believe how little resources you have, even with City as a parent club (no players would come to me!) nearly finished September so update should be up over the weekend
    And in FM they are generous with our funds! No way do we have a 90k transfer budget.

10. Quote Originally Posted by tommoburyfc View Post
    And in FM they are generous with our funds! No way do we have a 90k transfer budget.
    I can't say much that's nearly as much as Leeds on the game!! (with an update that will change now). No i don't class that as cheating, i just dont have the patience to amend the squads!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast