Like Tree83Likes

Oh When The Saints Go Marching In - A Southampton Story

1. Oh When The Saints Go Marching In - A Southampton Story

Birch Replaces Adkins

Southampton have today replaced Nigel Adkins with youth coach Sam Birch. Adkins is said to have stepped down due to personal reasons and is believed to have personally recommended Birch for the role.

Adkins had led Southampton from the depths of the nPower League 1 to the Premier League in back-to-back promotions. Before that he was in charge of Scunthorpe. Birch has been a youth coach at Southampton since 2010 in which time he has led the development of youngsters such as James Ward-Prowse, Luke Shaw and Callum Chambers. Birch had this to say

''I'm very happy to be named as Southampton Manager. It's a shame that Nigel has left but its an honor for him to have even recommended me for the role of his successor. I will be promoting Luke and Callum to the first team, also a few players will be leaving and some coming in. I'm looking at Adryan and Wellington Nem, and also right winger Nicusor Stanciu to strengthen the side.''

Business will want to be done soon as The Saints soon depart on a tour of America before kicking off their campaign.

2. #TheMessiahHasReturned
    Good luck mate!

3. Nice start, good way to start too. Eager to see how you get on, bud!

Good luck

4. Good luck

5. Look out Big Sam's about.... Not Allardyce

6. Yeah! Great to see this, Feels so natuaral its comforting! Hope we'll see a repeat of the success from your FM12 story

7. ​Very excited for this.

8. Will be following!

9. good luck! and dont forget to sign ademilson he is a goal machine at my save with ajax 20/20 D

10. Quote Originally Posted by Patko View Post
    good luck! and dont forget to sign ademilson he is a goal machine at my save with ajax 20/20 D
    yeah i can vouch for him too..i have a Newcastle game at the mo..Cisse and Ba are on African cup of nations duty and he has scored a lot of goals in their place and will keep them out the side

+ Reply to Thread