Poll: Can Alan Pardew see out his eight-year deal?

Like Tree1Likes

Newcastle's Eight-Year Plan
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

1. Newcastle's Eight-Year Plan

Newcastle's Eight-Year Plan

Newcastle's Eight-Year Plan-cq5dam.thumbnail.490.338.margin.png

Just to set the scene...

Started a NUFC career as Alan Pardew. I've already made it through my first year finishing 8th and winning the Capital One Cup.

Pardew has signed an eight-year deal at Newcastle so I aim to make it to the end of my contract and try to establish Newcastle as a regular in the Top 6 and try to pick up a couple of trophies along the way.

In terms of transfers... Newcastle's Eight-Year Plan-screen-shot-2012-11-21-13.47.03.png Newcastle's Eight-Year Plan-screen-shot-2012-11-21-13.49.47.png

I'm going to pick up the story...

2. Meet the New Boys

Mathieu Debuchy

Newcastle's Eight-Year Plan-debuchy.png

The French international has been a long-term target and finally made the move to Tyneside in January 2013. The 26-year-old joined as a replacement to Danny Simpson who accepted a contract offer from Scottish giants Celtic.

Tom Ince

Newcastle's Eight-Year Plan-ince.png

Blackpool schemer Ince commanded a £7million fee from Newcastle after a quality season in the Championship where he plundered 15 goals in 42 appearances. United's local rivals Sunderland also tried to sign the 21-year-old but Ince chose the bigger North East club .

Andy Carroll

Newcastle's Eight-Year Plan-carroll.png

The Geordie forward left Tyneside for a staggering £35million in January 2011 but has returned for a mere £6million this summer. Alan Pardew remained an admirer of the player who enjoyed his best spell at St James' Park and was desperate to bring the striker home despite unrest from the fans.

Moussa Sissokho

Newcastle's Eight-Year Plan-sissokho.png

French international Sissokho is a tall, powerful midfielder in the Patrick Vieira mould. The 23-year-old was attracting interest from around Europe but signed a pre-contract agreement with Newcastle after deciding to leave his boyhood club Toulouse.

In terms of exits; Chelsea activated Demba Ba's release clause in Jan then Xisco, Nile Ranger, Rob Elliott, Dan Gosling, Danny Simpson and Sylvain Marveaux were all allowed to leave in the summer.

3. Meet the Kids

Sammy Ameobi

Newcastle's Eight-Year Plan-sammy-ameobi.png

The lanky forward has already made an impression on Tyneside and will be hoping to force his way into United's starting XI in the coming season. Shola's younger brother has great potential although he will have to be more consistent than his older sibling to make it at St James' Park.

Shane Ferguson

Newcastle's Eight-Year Plan-ferguson.png

Irish winger Ferguson has a wicked left foot and great pace. He can play anywhere down the left but will have to improve his strength if he is to have a big future at Newcastle.

Gael Bigirmana

Newcastle's Eight-Year Plan-bigirimana.png

Tiote Lite as he is affectionately known has made a great impact since joining from Coventry last summer. He provides cover for his Ivorian collegue and will be pushing him for a starting berth over the next few seasons.

Haris Vuckic

Newcastle's Eight-Year Plan-vuckic.png

Slovenian midfielder Vuckic has failed to live up to his early hype at Newcastle but still has age on his side. Tall, powerful and skilful, the 21-year-old can fill in upfront and will be a Europa League regular this term.

Adam Campbell

Newcastle's Eight-Year Plan-campbell.png

18-year-old Campbell has been christened the new Michael Owen which isn't a huge compliment on Tyneside but the flame haired forward is destined to go far in the game. Still primarily a reserve player, Campbell will become a huge player for Newcastle.

Remie Streete

Newcastle's Eight-Year Plan-streete.png

Powerful centre-back Streete is certain to be a first team regular in the next few seasons. Still just 18, he will have to settle for reserve team football this season.

4. Meet the Stars

Tim Krul

Newcastle's Eight-Year Plan-krul.png

The Dutch stopper has emerged as one of the best young keepers in Europe. Last season he was an ever-present and never let the side down between the sticks.

Fabricio Coloccini

Newcastle's Eight-Year Plan-coloccini.png

The captain is a defensive rock and inspirational leader for the team. Cool in possession and dependable when called upon; he broke back into the Argentina team last season.

Yohan Cabaye

Newcastle's Eight-Year Plan-cabaye.png

The French international is a class act. He bagged an impressive nine goals from midfield last year and was voted as the Fans' Player of the Year 2013.

Hatem Ben Arfa

Newcastle's Eight-Year Plan-ben-arfa.png

The magician of the Tyne. Ben Arfa is one of the most naturally gifted players in the Premier League and was sensational last season contributing 7 goals and 19 assists. Chelsea have had two offers for the winger rejected.

Papiss Demba Cisse

Newcastle's Eight-Year Plan-cisse.png

The Senegal striker really stepped up when Demba Ba left for Stamford Bridge in January but failed to score consistently. He notched a staggering 13 goals in the Europa League but struggled with just 12 in the league.

5. Newcastle unveil new strips

Newcastle United 2013-14 kits:

Newcastle's Eight-Year Plan-vgmte.pngNewcastle's Eight-Year Plan-2ia9wyx.pngNewcastle's Eight-Year Plan-28hevsy.png

6. AMEOBI STEALS THE SHO

Newcastle's Eight-Year Plan-shola-ameobi-newcastle-united-fc-v-fc-girondins-eopuylgpoxol.jpg

Europa League Third Qualifying Round 1st Leg
    Brondby 0-2 Newcastle
    Sh.Ameobi(2)

Man of the Match: Sh. Ameobi

7. robbieboro82's Avatar robbieboro82
    Middlesbrough Rotation
    Following!! UTB

8. i will follow...i have just been sacked as manager of newcastle after i had so many injuries and then cisse,ba and tiote went on african cup of nations duty...so my advice is to get some very gd physio's and fitness coaches

9. will follow done a season so far with newcastle and managed to win the euro cup and finished 3rd in the league behind man utd and tottenham. good luck

10. *NEWS FLASH*

WIGAN SIGN TOON DUO

Newcastle's Eight-Year Plan-gabriel-obertan-newcastle-united-v-olympiacos-obunfogbeypl.jpg Newcastle's Eight-Year Plan-mike-williamson-cardiff-city-v-newcastle-united-hqbte5ohkixl.jpg

Obertan and Williamson move to the DW Stadium

Relegated Wigan Athletic have pulled off a double swoop for Newcastle pair Gabriel Obertan and Mike Wiliamson.

Williamson joined on a three-year-deal for £1.5million while Obertan cost the Latics £3million.

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew has confirmed that he will be chasing replacements with a centre-back high on his list of priorities.

Simon Kjaer, James Tomkins and Virgil Van Djik have been suggested as possible replacements for Mike Williamson.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast