Like Tree3Likes

★ Arsenal ★ The Gunners ★
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

1. ★ Arsenal ★ The Gunners ★

The Gunners

The shock, after all those years working in the back-room, waiting to get noticed. I tried my hardest, I wanted to succeed. When Wenger told me he saw potential in me becoming a coach, he send me to get my UEFA Pro license to coach, that's when I thought - this could be my moment.

Waking up in the morning and hearing the news, the shock in my eyes, a 25-year-old who spends his weekends partying and his weekdays training footballers that have made and he hasn't. I was determined to show them they were wrong, that I would be the successor of Arsene Wenger.

I don't think anyone in the world was expecting this to happen, no one. Having 33 missed calls, most from my friends, and i went through the 14 unread text's and saw one from a number not registered, it stood out, I opened it and read it, the disbelief of me is un-describable.

'Hello, young man I've resigned from Arsenal, I want a new challenge and thought there is one man and one man only who can replace me, that's you. I see how you interact with the players, you will be an amazing manager and suggested you to the board, they will probably announce it later today. If you get hired is not my choice, but hopefully they will see the light and hire a great manager like you.'

I was in tears of joy, I went into the closet and picked my best suit, I was relishing the challenge of managing my beloved Arsenal.
    I got into my VW Golf and drove to Emirates, went to the board room and spoke to them and told them how I will make a difference and showed them my plans etc.
    They said to go outside and wait, I did. 10 minutes later they called me back in, they had a contract ready, they said I've got one year and one year only to prove myself, if I succeed, they'll take it further. I was so happy, words don't describe it. I shook their hands, couldn't hide my joy.

I was going to make this the best club in the world.

2. Transfers

The Gunners

So I had worked at this squad for 4 years, I knew what players were good and those who were not.

The position I decided to strengthen first was Attacking Midfield/striker, I brought in 3 players, the first of them was young Brazilian Wellington Nem, he shows amazing potential and could even be a first team player this season, he cost me £3.5million, I activated his release clause.

The next person I brought in was an experienced Premier League player, Demba Ba came for a cheap £7million, I picked him up from Newcastle who were dumb enough to put a cheap release clause on him.

A big name player i picked up was Stevan Jovetic, I managed to buy him for £17,000,000 from Fiorentina, paying £10,000,000 up front and £7,000,000 over 48 months.

The last of the signings was Left back Leighton Baines, I've always been an admirer of the English Left-back and thought I could bring him in, but he cost me a hefty £18,750,000.
    In total I spent £46,500,000.

Name:  Untitled-3.png
Views: 1098
Size:  331.7 KB

I had to get rid of a few players as well, trying to get some of the money back, also selling players I don't need.
    The first to go was Andrei Arshavin, I've never been a fan of him, he just isn't the player he was when I first started working here. He's too lazy and doesn't deserve to be earning 52k a week, so when I offered him out for £4,000,000, I knew some big teams would want to sign him, Paris St Germain were the first team to come and they managed to sign him.

Following Arshavin out the door was Andre Santos, the Brazilian full-back isn't a good player at all. He was never going to get a game now I bought Leighton Baines and Kieran Gibbs is quickly improving, he left for Portuguese side SL Benfica.

Another player going to Portugal was Marouane Chamakh, he was decent in his first season at Arsenal, but after that he was pretty useless, I was desperate to get rid of him and he joined Porto on loan, the side paying me a loan fee of £140k a month.

A goalkeeper was last to leave. Vito Mannone was heading for a short trip to London rivals Fulham. He was never going to play when I have Wojciech Szczesny and Lukasz Fabianski, so I thought we should give him a chance to play somewhere else.
    Quite a few young players left on loan as well.

Transfers In:
    Demba Ba - Newcastle - £7million
    Stevan Jovetic - Fiorentina - £17million
    Wellington Nem - Fluminense - £3.5million
    Leighton Baines - Everton - £18.75Million

Transfers Out:
    Andrei Arshavin - PSG - £4million
    Andre Santos - SL Benfica - £4.3Million
    Vito Mannone - Fulham - £1.5million
    Marouane Chamakh - Porto - Ln fee £140k p/m
    Chuks Aneke - Bristol City - Ln fee £6k p/m
    Damien Martinez - Velez - Loan
    Francis Coquelin - Lorient - Loan
    Nico Yennaris - Burnley - Loan
    Thomas Eisfield - Leyton Orient - Loan
    Ignasi Miquel - Notts County - Loan

Pre-Season:

Arsenal 3-0 Arsenal Reserves
    Podolski (2), Walcott (57), Arteta (80)

NEC 1-2 Arsenal
    Ramsey (62), Podolski (85)

Accrington 0-2 Arsenal
    Podolski (5), Walcott (55)

Portland 1-1 Arsenal
    Giroud (22)

Dallas 1-2 Arsenal
    Gibbs (49, 56)

Seattle 2-0 Arsenal
    None

Montreal 0-4 Arsenal:
    Jovetic (7), Diaby (30, 42), Ansah (70)

Summary:
    Pre-season was successful in my opinion, we managed to score a good amount of goals and get 5 victories out of 7. I was unhappy about the goals conceded but the defence has improved a lot. The defeat to Seattle was dissapointing but other than that I was happy with the pre-season.

Fixtures:
    BPL: Fulham - Home
    BPL: Southampton - Away
    BPL: Liverpool - Home
    BPL: West Brom - Away
    BPL: Reading - Away

3. Good signings. Quality layout. Following.
    MERTES4CKER likes this.

4. August Update

The Gunners

August Update

Name:  Screen shot 2012-11-27 at 21.50.32.png
Views: 1073
Size:  17.6 KB

Arsenal: Szczesny Jenkinson, Koscielny, Vermaelen(c), Baines, Ramsey, Arteta, Wellington Nem, Cazorla, Ba, Giroud
    Fulham: Schwarzer, Rangel, Hangeland(c), Hughes, Riise, Dejagah, Diarra, Sidwell, Duff, Berbatov, Petric

Arsenal will be happy with this result, beautiful football and good team-work. Their new manager will be delighted to get a win on his first competitive game

Arsenal managed to get the first goal in the 15 minutes from a controversial penalty converted by Mikel Arteta, and it wasn't long until Arsenal doubled their score.
    Wellington Nem scored on his debut in the 37th minute after beautiful passing play to make the space for him as he slotted it between the right post and Schwarzer.
    Fulham did try and break Arsenal's defence a numerous amount of times during the first half, but solid display from Koscielny and captain Vermaelen assured that it wasn't going to happen.
    As the second half came to a close, Arsenal dominated in possession as Fulham barely touched the ball for 5 minutes.

The second half began and in the 59th minute, a move started of by Ramsey was ended by Ramsey as he scored his first of the season with a lovely strike from 20 yards out.

Arsenal thought they had a comfortable 3-0 victory until late on with under 5 minutes left to play. Sidwell managed a through-ball to Petric as Arsenal's defence was finally broken and the Croatian striker scored a consolation goal.

Match Stats:
    Arsenal: Arteta (pen 15), Wellington Nem (37), Aaron Ramsey (59)
    Demba Ba (13)

Fulham: Petric (86)
    Hangeland (14), Baird (65), Diarra (89)

: Laurent Koscielny 8.8
    Name:  Screen shot 2012-11-28 at 13.29.09.png
Views: 1061
Size:  48.0 KB

Name:  Screen shot 2012-11-28 at 14.15.28.png
Views: 1058
Size:  20.5 KB

Southampton: Boruc, Clyne, Fonte, Hooiveld, Fox, Cork, Schneiderlin, Davis, Ramirez, Lallana (c), Lambert
    Arsenal: Szczesny, Jenkinson, Koscielny, Vermaelen (c), Baines, Arteta, Diaby, Cazorla, Jovetic, Ba, Podolski.

A match that involved an amazing moments, goals, and play. The events in the game that was going to be 'boring' changed the game around as the Gunners managed another win.

The first 10 minutes were dominated by Southampton, as they ad a numerous amount of attempts saved by Szczesny, they even hit the post as they nearly scored.
    But then in the 34th minute, a header from Hooiveld was deflected of Szczesny and into the back of the net, resulting into an own goal and a 1-0 lead for Southampton.

When Szczesny scored that own goal, Arsenal's mood changed, they attempted shot after shot but couldn't find the net, until the end of the first half.
    With 35 seconds until the end of the first half, Podolski found Ba with alot of space in the box, where Ba took a shot and scored. Half-time 1-1.

The next event was tragic for Southampton.
    Baines to Ba, Ba to Diaby, Diaby to Jovetic, Jovetic to Podolski, who rounds the keeper and slots it into the open goal just 21 seconds into the second half.
    in the 58th minute till the 59th minute, two Arsenal plays picked up injurys, Arteta and Podolski managed to stay on the pitch for another 10 minutes, when they both came of for Oxlade-Chamberlain and Walcott respectively.
    Subsitute Walcott picked up a knock and had to come of after being on the pitch for only 10 minutes when he was replaced by young Brazilian, Wellington Nem.
    Arsenal managed to maintain the lead and picked up the 3 points.

Match Stats:

Southampton: Wojciech Szczesny (34)
    Schneiderlin (87)

Arsenal: Demba Ba (45+1), Lukas Podolski (46)
    Podolski (5) Arteta (50)

: Laurent Koscielny 8.9

Name:  Screen shot 2012-11-28 at 14.41.20.png
Views: 1045
Size:  46.6 KB

Click image for larger version

Name:	Transfer-Deadline-Day.jpg
Views:	1128
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	286105

Arsenal have been busy in the Transfer window so far and thier gaffer has already revealed he will want to sign some more players, as well as get rid of.

Players likely to leave Arsenal are Squillaci, Djourou and Diaby.

Update:
    Squillaci has left Arsenal for Wigan in a deal believed to be around £1.3million.

Update:
    Arsenal sign one and sell one. Johan Djourou leaves for Turkish giants Galatasaray whilst unhappy defender Nicolas Nkoulou signs for a fee believed to be around £13-14million.

Transfer update:
    Several youth players have left Arsenal on loan: Olsson, Eastmond, Henderson, Angha, Rees, Watt, Monteiro, Ebecilio, Toral and Ansah have all gone to lower league english sides.
    Arsenal have also managed to bring in young Brazilian Adryan for under £1million.

Transfer Update:
    Tim Krul was close to joining the Gunners, Arsenal were just short of having enough money, they attempted to sell Abou Diaby for £7million but the best they got was a loan offer for the french midfielder.

End of transfer window.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ★ Arsenal ★ The Gunners ★-screen-shot-2012-11-28-14.32.08.png  

5. The Gunners
    August Update Part 1:

Arsenal will be disappointed with the result as they slipped up after having a 2-0 victory.

Arsenal started beautifully, taking an early lead after Demba Ba found Giroud with a through ball to give Arsenal a 1-0 lead in the 12th minute.

Demba Ba then picked up a knock and was replaced by Wellington Nem in the 29th minute. 6 minutes later, Wellington Nem send in a low cross to Giroud as he got his second if the game and Arsenal looked comfortable.

Half time and Arsenal were looking good and ready to score more but a worn-out Diaby had to come of for Oxlade-Chamberlain, who didn't have the best of games for Arsenal.

First Oxlade-Chamberlain conceded a penalty in the 76th minute, arguing with the referee, Mr Marriner got the yellow out of his pocket and showed it to Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Jamie Carragher converted the penalty in the 77th minute to give Liverpool hope and score his 5th goal in 17 seasons at Liverpool.

Oxlade-Chamberlain's day went from bad to worse when he conceded a dangerous foul in the 89th minute and the referee had to show him red after 44 minutes on the pitch.

As the game looked to be coming to an end and Arsenal looking to hold, with less than 30 seconds remaining, Luis Suarez sent the ball into the box which was met by the leg of Assiadi to give Liverpool the point.

Match Stats:

Arsenal: Giroud (12, 35)
    Carl Jenkinson (72) Oxlade-Chamberlain (76)
    Oxlade Chamberlain (89)

Liverpool: Carragher (pen 77), Assaidi (90+3)
    Skrtel (14), Suarez (31), Torosidis (52), Sahin (72), Allen (81)

: Olivier Giroud - 8.8

Name:  Screen shot 2012-11-28 at 20.56.50.png
Views: 1035
Size:  21.5 KB

A score-line that doesn't reflect the performance of West Bromwich Albion, Arsenal picked up three points today as they go top of the table.

In a pretty boring first half, it took Arsenal until first half extra-time to finally beat Ben Foster as Demba Ba slotted the ball after a pass from Olivier Giroud.

As the second half started, it was West Brom who netted as under 5 minutes Peter Odemwingie found space and equalized as Arsenal haven't kept a clean sheet this season.

Then in the 61st minute, substitute Lukas Podolski found a through ball to summer signing Stevan Jovetic who scored his first goal for the Gunners to put them ahead.

Then it was time for the German to get a goal, after some Demba Ba magic on the wing, the Senegalese striker played the ball into the box and Podolski managed to meet the pass and give Arsenal the 2 goal cushion.

As Arsenal continued to dominate, their was no chance for West Brom to crawl one back as the match ended 3-1.

Match Stats:
    Arsenal: Demba Ba (45+1), Stevan Jovetic (61), Lukas Podolski (76)
    West Brom: Peter Odemwingie (49)

: Demba Ba - 9.0

Arsenal draw Valencia, Udinese and FC Salzburg in the Champions League.

Name:  Screen shot 2012-11-28 at 21.57.13.png
Views: 1035
Size:  24.2 KB

Arsenal were forced to a draw today after dominating the game as they picked up a point against Italian side Udinese.

Arsenal opened the scoring when a corner was whipped in and a muddle up in the box saw Koscielny get his first of the season in the 26th minute.

It wasn't long until Udinese equalized, as the first half was coming to an end, Di Natale had a shot saved by Szczesny who could only push it out to Willians who scored a into the open net.

A quieter second half saw both teams try take the lead but despite numerous attempts, neither could succeed. A Solid display from Arsenal captain Thomas Vermaelen and partner Laurent Koscielny didn't allow pacey striker Di Natale past them as they played a key part for Arsenal.

Match Stats:
    Arsenal: Laurent Koscielny (26)
    Udinese: Willians (45+1)

: Laurent Koscielny - 9.0

Best player so far: Laurent Koscielny, amazing displays by the full back, picking up 3 MotM awards so far as well as netting a goal, his partnership with Thomas Vermaelen has proved to be vital but despite this Arsenal have failed to keep clean sheets, mainly due to goalkeeper errors but despite this, they could have been preventable.

Notable players to mention:
    Giroud: he's only scored one but as a lone striker hes an amazing player, he can pass and score, the only thing he lacks is pace.
    Podolski: mainly featuring as a substitute, Podolski has managed 2 goals and plays amazing on the wing or upfront.
    Demba Ba: he plays amazing on the left wing, getting 2 goals so far as well as 2 assists in 5 games.

Next update:
    Reading - Premier League
    Blackburn - Capital One Cup
    QPR - Premier League
    Transfer rumours
    First person review as well as third person
    will post tomorrow morning.

6. NEW UPDATE EITHER TODAY OR TOMORROW SORRY FOR DELAY

7. very good story ill keep following mate
    MERTES4CKER likes this.

8. following sell theo
    MERTES4CKER likes this.

9. Quote Originally Posted by damiennevo View Post
    very good story ill keep following mate
    thanks mate

10. Quote Originally Posted by pokerjoker_num10 View Post
    following sell theo
    Theo's a good substitute player, he comes on for Giroud and Ba but he's most likely to go out in January, I've had alot of injury problems lately so i might keep him

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast