Like Tree8Likes

Torquay United A Story from 2024!
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

1. Torquay United A Story from 2024!

Torquay United A Story from 2024!-torquay-united.png

In my last story i left Man Utd in 2023 after winning over 30 Cups and then winning Euro 2024 with Spain and instead of starting a new save with a lower league side i decided to resign and offer my services to any league 2 side.
    I chose Torquay as i went their on holiday with my Wife and Daughter this summer and apart from Plymouth Argyle its the closest professional team to where i live in south west cornwall.
    Torquays Current Information
    Torquay United A Story from 2024!-torquay_-information-facilities.pngTorquay United A Story from 2024!-torquay_-information-general.png

How they have Fared in Competitions
    Torquay United A Story from 2024!-torquay_-history-competitions.pngTorquay United A Story from 2024!-torquay_-history-competitions-2.png

My Key Players
    Torquay United A Story from 2024!-aron-pritchard_-overview-profile.pngTorquay United A Story from 2024!-billy-bodin_-overview-profile.pngTorquay United A Story from 2024!-glenn-watts_-overview-profile.pngTorquay United A Story from 2024!-thomas-cruise_-overview-profile.png

Billy Bodin looks like the only player that can do me the buisness up front and former Arsenal trainee Tom Cruise is the best defender by a long way

Youth Prospects
    Torquay United A Story from 2024!-yout-h.pngTorquay United A Story from 2024!-youth-t.pngTorquay United A Story from 2024!-youth.png

Tactic Overview
    Torquay United A Story from 2024!-torquay-united_-tactics-overview.png

Transfers
    Torquay United A Story from 2024!-torquay_-transfers-history.png

I couldnt make half the transfers i wanted as the club were already over there wage budget when i arrived and absolutely nobody wanted any of the players i was trying to sell or even give away!
    The board were not helpful either as they refused getting a parental club, any transfer, free or loan deal i asked about and said that i had a big enough wage budget.

This save is going to be a lot more interesting than the last one! I have plenty of spare time with my arm being in a cast for another 3 weeks so i plan to stick with them through thick and thin!
    Sam91 likes this.

2. Will be following, from Penzance myself and quite a fan of Torquay.
    coolmcool likes this.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
    Will be following, from Penzance myself and quite a fan of Torquay.
    Im also from Penzance!
    Gooch likes this.

4. Will be following it mate! Looking forward to the updates
    coolmcool likes this.

5. August 2024

I didnt bother to play any of the friendlies as 3 had already been played and i was too busy trying to sign players, i didnt expect much at the beginning with the team adjusting to different tactics i have been trying and i really didnt get much! With only 2 strikers and the main one Spear being injured my team really struggled to find the net.

Capital One Cup 1st round
    0 - 3 Bournemouth A

1 - 1 Hartlepool A
    Thompson 77

0 - 2 Portsmouth A

0 - 1 Cheltenham A

0 - 0 Kiddeminster H

As you can see a very poor start we were predicted 14th so i expected some sort of fight but not this bad! I dont even have 2 CM, i have loads of 2 star wingers no decent strikers and poor GK's!
    The board do not want to know, i may have to try and release a few players as no transfers have been made out.

Leauge 2 Table
    Torquay United A Story from 2024!-august-table.pngTorquay United A Story from 2024!-august.png

Player of the Month (if their can be one)
    Torquay United A Story from 2024!-august-man-month.png

On a slightly lighter note my next game shall be my 700th!
    Torquay United A Story from 2024!-700-games.png

6. September 2024

Another very poor month but i do finally pick up my first win as Torquay manager, after this bad month i have decided i will be making some changes to the team and tactics.

ST Johnstones Paint Trophy 1st round
    0 - 1 Yeovil H

2 - 0 Bradford H
    Yeoman 22, 77

1 - 2 Rochdale A
    Spear 88

0 - 3 Chesterfield A

1 - 1 Wimbledon AFC H
    Adjei 77

0 - 1 Fleetwood H

1 - 3 Shrewsbury A
    Vernan 83

The only shining light this month was that Spear came back and we managed to grab a few points! Drastic changes ahead for next month!

League 2 Table
    Torquay United A Story from 2024!-september.pngTorquay United A Story from 2024!-september-2.png

I usually pick a player of the month but as we have played so poorly i could not choose one player who i believe has achieved anything worthy of the award.

7. Just finished playing October and it is a much better month all round will post it tommorow morning

8. Good to see you keeping up with the story!!
    coolmcool likes this.

9. Will follow this, was you with utd from 2012 to 2024? :o not get bored?

10. Quote Originally Posted by LufcAnt View Post
    Will follow this, was you with utd from 2012 to 2024? :o not get bored?
    I had a scaffold i was on at work collapse and i broke my arm and a few ribs so have only just been able to start walking round at home so have had plenty of time to dip in and out of the game while playing one or two seasons as Santos, Shakhter and Barcelona to keep me from getting bored, if i was working as normal i doubt i would have stuck it out past the 3rd season!
    The Man Utd story is on this forum under Red Devils Domination if you want to check it out
    Last edited by coolmcool; 01/12/2012 at 09:49 AM.
    kewlwarez likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast