Like Tree1Likes

My saints story
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

1. My saints story

USo i finally decided to blog my fm13 career as saints fc manager. After several starts and fiddles with tactic, training and formations etc, i started my career. Playing classic mode with english leagues.

So my first port of call is always the same when playing as saints on fm, the free agents page, with some fantastic players availble on a free for my team such as reo coker and merida who i signed and they both walked into the first team. 

The next thing i set about doing was to send the scouts out on extensive searches, which is basically selecting about the first 100 players in each position i have. I will return to this subject in a minute, but on to tactics and formation now.

Looking to utilise the 3 key players in my opinion, i look at there best formation and roles. The players i looked to utilise the most were; adam lallana, a tricky right footed left midfielder who is also the club captain, gaston ramierez, saints record signing, a young future star fir uraguay described as the uraguain kaka and morgan sniederlin, a french deep midfielder with a high work rate, good range of passing and likes to get stuck in.
On this basis i decided to play 433, with a flat back four Dm to Cm a Left and Right winger and a lone striker. Playing a counter attacking style of football.

2. player role
    These generally changed depending on the player, i will give you the run down on my starting 11 tho

boruc- defensive goalkeeper
    fox- LB fullback auto
    fonte-stopper cb limited defender
    merida-ball playing cb defend
    clyne- RB wing back auto

sniederlin- DM deep lying play maker
    cork- CM box 2box support
    reo-coker- CM ball winning midfielder support

Lallana- LW inside forward attack
    ramirez- RW inside forward attack

rlambert- ST target man

3. Summer Transfers
    Reo Coker- free cm
    Meira- free cb (misspelt it earlier, i was calling him merida lol)
    helenius- aab 1.6m ST- replaced lambert in starting line up, player role- poacher
    cudicini- 70k gk

outs

butterfield- loan bournemouth
    kelvin davis- 240k newcastle
    de ridder- 1m palace

Using what was left of transfer budget i balanced out wages so i was not spending to much

4. pre-season

playing 5 games against lesser opponents i scored 17 and let in 1

5. I have played upto january so far will update scores and new transfers etc later on.

6. Matthew Gary Snook's Avatar Matthew Gary Snook
    Trainee
    So media expctation was to finish 18th, on experimenting with the game on other saves i didnt manage to get out of the bottom three. So my start of season expectation was to avoid relegation with transfer funds around 4m, i will be mainly fociusing on the league so cup games will be a chance to give youngsters like shaw and ward prowse a run out, also to try different tactics, player roles and formations, abd of course to get players needing match fitness in shape.

7. Matthew Gary Snook's Avatar Matthew Gary Snook
    Trainee
    Started my seaon at craven cottage

Fulham 3-2 saints
    duffx2. Hughes (og)
    petric. Davis
    duff was selected for man of the match and my saint of the match was schniederlin

played poorly and desrved to lose davis came on as a sub for cork and was played as a attacking playmaker, best game he had for me up untill january
    Last edited by Matthew Gary Snook; 13/12/2012 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Forgot summary :-/

8. Matthew Gary Snook's Avatar Matthew Gary Snook
    Trainee
    Next up was newcastle utd at st marys, my first home game, i really wanted to get a good result.

saints0-0newcastle

mom- coloccini
    som- meira

so no goals here, but not surprised as all defenders and gk on both sides had a rating above 8 both colo and meira had a rating of 9.

next. Up was a fixture i was dieing to get stuck into, to orove to the fans i meant business, with a dream draw against the skates in coc r2.

portsmouth2-2saints- saints win on pen

williams. Mayuka-debut goal
    Russel. Ramierez-mom
    extremeley disapointed with this result went behind twice but clawed the game back to win 3-0 on penaltys and drawn to norwich in the next round.

saints 0-1 man city
    som fonte. Tevez-mom

Boring game not many chances but not to bad a result, wait till the reverse fixture at the etihad

everton1-0 saints
    vellios. Boruc mom

was absolutley dominated in this game biruc git a rating of 9.5 making over 20 saves.

so still only one point on the board, bad start to the season.

9. Matthew Gary Snook's Avatar Matthew Gary Snook
    Trainee
    Next up was west ham at st marys, a must win game against a team that also got promoted.

saints2-0west ham
    cork
    ramierez
    schniederlin mom
    finally 3 points, dont really remember this match so cant really give my analasys at least iv got a win under my belt

next up was another coc tie away to norwich

norwich 0-2 saints
    Lallana
    Helenius- first start
    Schniederlin mom

could of easily won this game by 5-6 goals but helenius wasnt finishing, he showed real promise and how much of a danger he could be. Another mom/som award for schniederlin, i knew he would be a big influence in this side. 2 wins on the trott now, things are looking ip

readin 1-1 saints
    roberts. Helenius- excellent form late sub

didnt think i would get anything from this match, my front 3 were quite all game. Roberts muscled his way in the air to beat clyne at the back post and head into the bottom corner. Brought helenius on with 20 to go after roberts goal and immediatly he made a impact, scoring a 35yd bullet 2mins after coming ob and was unlucky to add to his tally. This lead to hom being called up to the senior national team for denmark. Oh and reo coker got mom

10. Matthew Gary Snook's Avatar Matthew Gary Snook
    Trainee
    Stoke 2-4 saints
    walters. Helenius x3 mom
    Etheringtin (og)

After going 2 diwn after 15 minutes i though this was going to be a heavy defeat, but a goal from helenius just before the break got us back into the came. Coming out on fire in the second half helenuis equilised straight from K.O, then completed his hatrick minutes later. He has hit form scoring 5 in 2 games for me and scoring on his senior international debut. We dominated the rest of the game forcing ethrington into a wayward backpass that ended up in his own net.

villa 3-5 saints
    agbonglahor. Helenius x4!mom
    wiemann. Mayuka
    mckenna

Another poor first half, going in 3-1 down, mayuka getting the goal in the first half. Helenius.... What a signing he has been, 9 goals in 4, absolutely domineted the 2nd half.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast