Like Tree8Likes

Blackburn - Back to the top
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

1. Blackburn - Back to the top

Blackburn appoint Bernard

After the disastrous reign of Steve Kean which saw there team get relegated many fans of Blackburn were glad to see the back of him. But now another virtually unknown Scottish manager, Gary Bernard has been given the task of returning them to the Premier League where many fans feel they belong.

Will Bernard take Blackburn back to the heights of the early nineties or will he be another Scottish flop?

Blackburn - Back to the top-blackburn-rover-fc.gif
    Last edited by GazaLaad; 16/12/2012 at 08:21 PM.

2. Bernard "We will win the league"

Sky Sports news managed to catch up with newly appointed Blackburn manager Gary Bernard today as he answered questions and interacted with the press in what was his official unveiling.

Interviewer
    You took the job after Blackburn was relegated and you have no managerial experience what-so ever so why are you the right man for the job?
    Bernard
    I took the job because I believe in myself and I believe in this club. I tell you now, we will win the league.

Interviewer
    Strong words from a rookie manager in a very tough league don't you think?
    Bernard
    Yes the league is tough and its a long season but I believe in my squad and staff.

Interviewer
    So how do you intend on making sure that Blackburn get into the English Premier League and stay there?
    Bernard
    I intend on sorting out the clubs finances by setting a wage cap of £30,000 per week for the Championship and when we are promoted that will be reviewed and changed if required.

Interviewer

So last question. Will any players have to take a wage cut or leave in order to meet this new budget?
    Bernard
    Thank you for listening to me today. Onwards and upwards.

Blackburn - Back to the top-sky-sports-news.jpg
    Last edited by GazaLaad; 16/12/2012 at 08:21 PM.

3. Duo leave on loan

It was announced today that Bernard's first piece of business as Blackburn manager was to allow right back Bruno Ribeiro to join Sao Paulo on a season long loan to try and get some first team football. The 29 year old joined Blackburn last year but didn't make a single appearance for the club and it seems again that Ribeiro does not feature in Blackburn's plans for the coming season.

Argentinian attacking midfielder Mauro Formica also left Blackburn today, this time on loan to fellow Championship contenders Wolves. Formica played 34 games for Blackburn last season scoring four goals but this doesn't seem to be enough for him to feature in Bernard's plans in the season ahead.

Blackburn - Back to the top-bruno-ribeiro_-overview-profile.pngBlackburn - Back to the top-mauro-formica_-overview-profile.png

First signing

Blackburn made there first signing since they were relegated today as they snapped up Manchester City starlet John Guidetti on a season long loan. Bernard will be hoping that the 20 year old Swedish striker can help fire Blackburn back into the English Premier League and Guidetti will be looking to impress enough to force his way into Manchester City's multi million pound squad.

Blackburn - Back to the top-john-guidetti_-overview-profile.png

Splash the cash

Blackburn splashed the cash today as they paid a massive £2,000,000 for Hungarian defender Vilmos Vanczak from Swiss Champions Sion. The defender was rumoured to be joining Champions League side Celtic but on his arrival at Blackburn today he told reporters,

"Yes I had other offers but Blackburn are a massive club and they are on the up. I believe I can play Champions League football here one day.

Blackburn - Back to the top-vilmos-vancz-k_-overview-profile.png
    Last edited by GazaLaad; 16/12/2012 at 09:13 PM.

4. Accrington 0 Blackburn 0

Blackburn began life under new manager Gary Bernard with a bore draw away to League 2 side Accrington. The highlight of the match was David Dunn's sending off 2 minutes in but after that the game died out and it ended in stalemate. Bernard told reporters after the game.

"We were poor today but it was our first game and I am sure we will improve in the games to come."

Blackburn - Back to the top-accrington-v-blackburn_-pitch-split.png

Preston 2 Blackburn 0

In what was a poor match all round Preston profited from a terrible display from young Scottish defender Grant Hanley as they ran out 2-0 winners in a match that saw Blackburn fail to score under new manager Gary Bernard again. Bernard told waiting reporters.

"We need to start taking chances. We have two games left then we need to be ready to play some competitive football."

Blackburn - Back to the top-preston-v-blackburn_-pitch-split.png

MK Dons 3 Blackburn 2
    (Vukcevic. Gomes)

Blackburn manager Gary Bernard continued to see his team under perform this team going down to MK Dons in what is there second last friendly before the league season starts. Bernard spoke to Sky Sports after the match.

"I am very angry at the team after that but thankfully we have got that all important first goal and we can build from there."

Blackburn - Back to the top-mk-dons-v-blackburn_-pitch-split.png

Blackburn 0 River Plate 1

After 4 pre season matches and 0 wins so far Blackburn fans will be seeing shades of last season about there team under Bernard. They went behind early and never looked like finding a way back into the match. Bernard refused to speak to reporters after the match.

Blackburn - Back to the top-blackburn-v-river_-pitch-split.png
    Last edited by GazaLaad; 16/12/2012 at 10:05 PM.

5. i'm hoping you ain't going to do a new post for every match would be a very very long story :L but i'm liking it so far, good luck, will be following
    GazaLaad and TicTactition like this.

6. Nah I will do it on a month by month basis mate.. Had a poor pre season but played about with tactics and that so hopefully be ready for new season.

Cheers for following!!

7. August

Blackburn 2 Leeds Utd 0
    (Rhodes. Rochina)

Gary Bernard enjoyed his first ever competitive match as his team got Championship life of to a winning start when they defeated Leeds in the season opener at Ewood Park. Two goals in two minutes saw Blackburn get over there poor pre season and get an early three points on the board.

Blackburn - Back to the top-blackburn-v-leeds_-pitch-split.png

Crystal Palace 1 Blackburn 0

After getting off to a winning start last week Bernard and his boys were brought down to earth with a bang when they were defeated by Palace today. Bernard told Sky Sports reporters after the match.

"Last week we were amazing and we deserved the win, this week we were poor and got what we deserved so we need to try and play more consistently."

Blackburn - Back to the top-crystal-palace-v-blackburn_-pitch-split.png

Blackburn 2 Sheffield Wed 1
    (Rhodes x2)

Jordan Rhodes stole the show as Blackburn made it two wins out of two at Ewood Park. Bernard still wont be happy with his team as they looked to switch of after they went 2-0 up but a win is a win for the rookie manager. Bernard refused to speak to the waiting press after the match.

Blackburn - Back to the top-blackburn-v-sheff-wed_-pitch-split.png

Bernard updates website blog

I would like to thank all the fans who bought season tickets to follow us in our quest to get back into the Premier League, and its with there help we will build on a positive start to the season and get back where we belong.

After a poor pre season the fans stood by the team and they have had two fantastic wins at Ewood Park. The defeat at Selhurst was disappointing but we bounced back and now we need a run of wins to kick start our season.

So again thank you to all the fans and well done to the players who have stood by the club.

Bring on September.

Blackburn - Back to the top-npower-championship_-overview-stages-3.png

8. Good luck! I hope you can bring back the magic years of the early 90's
    GazaLaad likes this.

9. Jordan Rhodes is a beast in this league, what tactic are you going for? Attacking Wingers and a Poacher did wonders for me in my Wolves save
    GazaLaad likes this.

10. After the really poor pre season I had, I'm still playing around with tactics but this is how I played in the last match.

Blackburn - Back to the top-blackburn-rovers_-tactics-team.png
    GrimF likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast