Poll: Can Reading Survive Relegation?

Like Tree1Likes

Back to being 'Royal' - A Reading story.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. Back to being 'Royal' - A Reading story.

*One day after the Championship play-off final.*

After West Hams triumph against Blackpool last night, we found out that the three teams joining the Premier League are Reading, West Ham & Southampton. They will be replacing the relegated Blackburn, Bolton & Wolves.
    Back to being 'Royal' - A Reading story.-sam-allardyce-manager-west-ham.jpgBack to being 'Royal' - A Reading story.-article-2138583-12d53a9c000005dc-515_468x286.jpgBack to being 'Royal' - A Reading story.-southampton-fc-promotion-celebrations.jpg
    *West Ham, Reading & Southampton celebrate promotion*

Back to being 'Royal' - A Reading story.-article-2143490-12f4d4ba000005dc-956_468x286.jpgBack to being 'Royal' - A Reading story.-image-5-wolves-0-manchester-city-2-gallery-76615212.jpgBack to being 'Royal' - A Reading story.-3997092-3x2-940x627.jpg
    *Bolton, Wolves & Blackburn will try to bounce back after relegation*

Reading Manager, Brian McDermott Speaks On His Teams Promotion
    "We're a good side, as you've seen this season. We came out of no where & managed to win the league! That's the sign of a tremendous team. That's what we are, we have good owners, good players, good stadium & brilliant support. There is no reason why we can't go into the Premier League & upset them, stay up & who knows where we can go from there. At the start of the season we didn't cope to well, but we showed true character & true spirit & that is the sign of a great team."
    Back to being 'Royal' - A Reading story.-article_e8d987b76732ea38_1335719299_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

2. Pre-Season Matches!

Brian McDermott stated before the first pre-season game against Basingstoke, that all these pre-season matches was about fitness & getting players ready, seeing where his players are at. Not about the results.

Basingstoke 0-2 Reading
    Pavel Pogrebnyak (49) Adam Le Fondre (90+2)

Luton 0-1 Reading
    Hal Robson-Kanu (58)

FC Red Bull Salzburg 2-1 Reading
    Kaspars Gorkss (28)

Union St.Florian 0-1 Reading
    Leonard Kweuke (5)

Boreham Wood 0-4 Reading
    Adam Le Fondre (4) Wellington Nem (9, 20) Leonard Kweuke (30)

Reading 4-2 Brighton
    Wellington Nem (8) Hal Robson-Kanu (64) Simon Church (84, 86)

Pre-Season Transfers!
    As you may be able to tell, Brian McDermott was a busy man in the transfer window, selling Mikkel Andersen to AaB for just short of £500k. Some of the signings however, are mouth watering for Reading fans, & even for Premier League fans!

OUT!
    Back to being 'Royal' - A Reading story.-c_67_article_2117405_body_articleblock_0_bodyimage.jpg
    As mentioned, Mikkel Andersen joins AaB.

IN!
    Back to being 'Royal' - A Reading story.-1410753294-24012011213426.jpgBack to being 'Royal' - A Reading story.-tr-fluminense-wellington-marco-terranova_lanima20120415_0053_26.jpgBack to being 'Royal' - A Reading story.-21346_vac_2490.jpgBack to being 'Royal' - A Reading story.-9509_crop_galeria.jpgBack to being 'Royal' - A Reading story.-fm-2012-player-profile-adryan-top-image.png
    *Left to Right*
    Jake Fowler joins from Middlesbrough for £725k. A player that McDermott rates as "potentially having the full package."
    Wellington Nem, the young Brazilian joins from Fluminense for a fee of £3.5 million. So much potential in a player that is already amazing, says McDermott.
    Leonard Kweuke. Leonard joins the Royals for £3.2 million from Sparta Prague. As you saw in pre-season, Kweuke knows where the goal is. Lot's to come from this man.
    Ademilson from Sao Paulo for £5.25 million, the most expensive signing for McDermotts side, as he hope's to prove the critics wrong & see his new man smash in a few goals this season.
    Adryan, another young Brazilian with bags of potential! This one is an attacking midfielder joining from Flamengo for under £1m.
    corach1992 likes this.

3. Brian McDermott had no real issues in pre-season, all his squad was happy to be in the Premier League & all believed that they could stay up this season. Two players who believed it more than any other was experienced striker, Jason Roberts. And Readings captain winger, Jobi McAnuff.
    Back to being 'Royal' - A Reading story.-_59765682_mmfridayfocus200412reading.png
    Jason - "I firmly believe that we have the talent & the believe to stay up, topped off with our amazing captain, Jobi...!
    Jobi - "Yeah Jason's right, we have the best captain....ha! No, I think we have strengthened the squad massively with the new arrivals. & The fact we haven't sold any key players from last season, it's really vital to keep that strong team mentality."
    Jason - "Yeah Jobi's right. Keeping the team as it was with a couple of inclusions is the best thing we could of done. I'm sure maybe the fans wanted a Ronaldo, or a Messi. But we got a Wellington so that's good enough for us!"
    Jobi - "The new lads are looking sharp in training & we're all really excited to see how they do."

August Premier League Results!

Everton 2-2 Reading
    Ademilson (54, 69)McDermott's thoughts - "To come back from 2-0 down at Goodison is a massive show of character from us, and a great result on the road."

Reading 0-1 Chelsea
    McDermott's thoughts - "Obviously going to be a tough game but, we defended well, we attacked well also. Just that scoring touch we lacked against a very solid Chelsea side."

Sheff Utd 1-2 Reading (Capital One Cup 2nd round)
    Leonard Kweuke (60) Nicky Shorey (118)McDermott's thoughts - "An average performance I thought, but it's always hard to go to a ground like this & truly dominate the match. So I'm just happy we're through."

Player Of The Month (Reading)
    Ademilson
    Back to being 'Royal' - A Reading story.-9509_crop_galeria.jpg

4. September Results!

Fulham 1-1 Reading
    Leonard Kweuke (21)
    McDermott's thoughts - "Another tough away game against a side that was in the Europa League final not so long ago. So, a good point with a solid performance."

Man United 4-2 Reading
    Leonard Kweuke (41, 90+3)
    McDermott's thoughts - "Again, an away game against arguably the best team in England & we scored two goals there. Great effort by the lads, can't have any complaints."

Reading 1-2 Man City
    Leonard Kweuke (73)
    McDermott's thoughts - "We had the lead for a minute, we had i think double their amount of shots & beaten because of a 90th minute Kaka goal for the champions of England. We play like this against any other team & we'd win."

Fulham 3-2 Reading (Capital One Cup 3rd round)
    Ademilson (3) Leonard Kweuke (90)
    McDermott's thoughts - "Winning this competition was never on the cards so the main thing for me was a solid away performance again & Ademilson scoring his first goal.

Reading 0-1 Newcastle
    McDermott's thoughts - "I won't lie, I thought we could have got a point from this game so I'm disappointed not to have gotten anything. We matched them on shots & edged it on possession, so maybe deserved something."

Player Of The Month!!
    Leonard Kweuke

Back to being 'Royal' - A Reading story.-21346_vac_2490.jpg
    With 5 goals this month, Kweuke has taken well to adapting to the Premier League. Solid month for this man. Could he be the reason to success for Brian McDermott's side?

5. October Results!

Sunderland 0-3 Reading
    Ademilson (10, 45+2) Leonard Kweuke (88)
    McDermott's thoughts - "A brilliant win at a very good, difficult ground to come & play. I couldn't of asked for anything else.

Tottenham 3-1 Reading
    Leonard Kweuke (76)
    McDermott's thoughts - "We seem to have played a lot of away games this season....this place is tough for anyone to take points from, my lads did us proud."

Reading 0-2 Arsenal
    McDermott's thoughts - "Another tough game to expect anything from, but, we played well again. I strongly believe that if we play like this every week, we'll stay up."

Player Of The Month
    Ademilson

Back to being 'Royal' - A Reading story.-ademilson_1.jpg
    This man sparked during Reading's first & only win of the season & was unlucky not to have scored against Tottenham, only for the offside flag.

6. November Results!

Reading 1-0 Aston Villa
    Ademilson (59)
    McDermott's thoughts - "Another solid performance & finally another win. It was well deserved & hopefully we can push on from this."

West Brom 0-2 Reading
    Ademilson (7) Adryan (56)
    McDermott's thoughts - "Fantastic victory away from home against a side who have performed magnificently this season."

Reading 4-0 West Ham
    Adam Le Fondre (35, 57) Jimmy Kebe (37, 45)
    McDermott's thoughts - "It's funny what a little confidence can do isn't it? Brilliant performance. We performed like a team in the top 4 today."

Southampton 3-0 Reading
    McDermott's thoughts - "A reality check for us today, we didn't perform well at all. Which is disappointing because I thought we could get something here."

Reading 0-2 Stoke City
    McDermott's thoughts - "Again, another game where we could have gotten a result but poor performance defensively see's us fall down. What's worrying for me is the fact we haven't scored in 180 minutes."

Player Of The Month
    Mikele Leigertwood

Back to being 'Royal' - A Reading story.-232581-lsh.jpg
    A string of solid performances in the centre of midfield see's Mikele pick up player of the month for Reading.

Brian McDermott answers your Twitter question!
    Back to being 'Royal' - A Reading story.-brian-mcdermott_2382835b.jpg
    Question - "After an average start to the season, how confident are you that you can stay up?"
    Answer - "I'm very confident, I believe we can do, I believe we will do it. I'm relishing the challenge to prove the critics wrong.

7. December Results!

Q.P.R 1-0 Reading
    McDermott's thoughts - "A game where really we could of gotten atleast a point from. It's a big disappointment."

Reading 1-0 Wigan
    Adryan (49)
    McDermott's thoughts - "A great win with a brilliant clean-sheet. Top performance from the lads."

Reading 0-0 Norwich
    McDermott's thoughts - "Another one of those 'winnable games'. But Norwich are a fantastic side, good point for the lads."

Swansea 2-1 Reading
    Leonard Kweuke (88)
    McDermott's thoughts - "A very hard place to go & get something from, but, on the plus side, we looked like we belonged in the Premier League with a strong performance on the attack. Shame about our defending."

Reading 0-4 Liverpool
    McDermott's thoughts - "It's a shame actually, we had more shots, more possession, you wouldn't believe we was actually the better team out there. Their quality just shone through in the end."

Reading 2-1 Everton
    Pavel Pogrebnyak (4) Adryan (66)
    McDermott's thoughts - "A brilliant win against one of the leagues best, couldn't ask for much more."

Player Of The Month
    Adryan

Back to being 'Royal' - A Reading story.-adryan-flamengo.jpg

Brian McDermott Answers Your Twitter Question!
    Question - "Who (out of the Adryan, Ademilson & Leonard Kweuke) has performed the best so far in your opinion?"

Answer - "They've all performed brilliantly to date but since Adryan only recently started playing, I'd have to Leonard Kweuke. He's scored, set up & just been a pain for defenders."

8. January Results!

Reading 1-1 Fulham
    Leonard Kweuke (68)McDermott's thoughts - "At the stage of the season where we need points now, this will do for us, well played by the lads."

Everton 3-4 Reading (F.A Cup 3rd Round)
    Pavel Pogrebnyak (9) Mikele Leigertwood (18) Adryan (45) Kaspars Gorkss (69)
    McDermott's thoughts - "I bet it was great for you neutrals to watch wasn't it? Brilliant performance from the boys."

Chelsea 5-1 Reading
    Jimmy Kebe (55)
    McDermott's thoughts - "Simple, we was out classed today."

Newcastle 0-2 Reading
    Wellington Nem (55) Danny Guthrie (pen 71)
    McDermott's thoughts - "An absolutely fantastic away day for us, one of the toughest grounds to go & we win, not only the win, but the clean sheet aswell! Fantastic."

Leyton Orient 1-2 Reading (F.A Cup 4th Round)
    Mikele Leigertwood (56) Adam Le Fondre (90+2)
    McDermott's thoughts - "Good show of character to come behind but we shouldn't be struggling that much against a team of such low ability in comparison to ours."

Reading 1-1 Man United
    Alex Pearce (75)
    McDermott's thoughts - "Fantastic point, my lads once again proving the critics wrong."

Player Of The Month
    Alex Pearce

Back to being 'Royal' - A Reading story.-article-2229234-15e56ecc000005dc-724_634x419.jpg
    A close one between Alex Pearce & Mikele Leigertwood, but Alex edges it because he played more games & just edged it when it came to being the inspirational player.

Brian McDermott answers your Twitter question!

Question-
    "Why didn't you add any players in the January market?"

Answer -
    "Because if you look at our performances this season, it's only a matter of time before we really start to hit form. No need for new players."

9. Look's like your doing quite well.. Can you post the league table.

10. Quote Originally Posted by MagicalMistakes View Post
    Look's like your doing quite well.. Can you post the league table.
    I would love to, however, I started the story in January, So can't do live table until end of the season

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast