Like Tree6Likes

Taking on the Champions League Challenge
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

1. Taking on the Champions League Challenge

I like the sound of this challenge so going to give it a go! Not sure who to manage yet but i will get to that when we get there. With regards to the updating, i am going to do it every 3 months as it is mainly a Champions League Challenge! I am still going to carry on my Bury save as i am really enjoying it, but i couldn't turn down this challenge!! With picking who to manage i am going to follow White Army's trick of randomising until the computer picks for me!! I have 5 choices who to start with and they are:

2. I have decided to start big, as with my current save i am building up a team, and on FM13 i have never managed the greats like Messi etc so i would enjoy that while i can.

Also the manager for this team will be none other than Alessandro Costacurta, who as a player racked up an incredible 5 winners medals and would like to add more to his collections.

Update to follow in the next 2 hours with the chosen team!!

ENJOY!!
    KLIPPYBO likes this.

3. great using my trick lol...gd luck

4. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Newcastle United and Aberdeen Modern Day Legend
    Christ almighty - the whole of the 1st page of the FM stories will be full of the Champions League Challenges soon! Welcome aboard

5. BREAKING NEWS!!!

Attachment 296901

Roberto Di Matteo has stepped down as Chelsea managed with immediate effect, he states that his relation with Mr Abramovich has deteriated rapidly following the Champions Leage win. Mr Abramovich has stated that the person to take Chelsea FC forward is a 5 time champions league winner, everyone was expected Paulo Maldini at the press conference, but to there suprise it was his defensive partner Alessandro Costacurta!!

Sunday Times: Alessandro, what are you plans for the season?
    AC: Simple, my aim is to successfully defend Chelsea's champions league and finish in the top-4 in the Premier League?
    The Guardian: Why is the Champions League your priorty over the Premier League title?
    AC: Well that is quite simple i would rather be champions of europe, which includes england, than just the cmapions of England. Would Barcelona still be classed as one of the greatest teams if they just won the Champions League and not the Liga BBVA? Of course they would.
    The Sun: What made Mr Abramovich appoint you rather than the others expected for the job (Rafael Benitez, Josep Guardiola, Jose Mourinho & Jurgen Klopp)?
    AC: Because i have the knowledge of the Champions League, i have 5 winners medals on my mantel piece just as a player. And i have the hunger and desire to double that! hell even triple it. I strive to become the master of the Champions League! Jose Mourinho has won it with 2 different clubs, well i can guarantee i will better that achievement. The 'Special' One? Call me The 'Godly' One!! That is all, thank you for your time

stonecold likes this.

6. Quote Originally Posted by KLIPPYBO View Post
    Christ almighty - the whole of the 1st page of the FM stories will be full of the Champions League Challenges soon! Welcome aboard
    I know, but you and stonecold did come up with a great challenge that allows you to be in charge of the best teams!! Full steam ahead with Chelsea (no-one has them yet either thankfully!!) Struggled with purchases as i wanted to better my squad so i can win it this year, but didn't want to better it too much where if i win i couldn't beat them the year after with another team.

7. Quote Originally Posted by White army View Post
    great using my trick lol...gd luck
    I know, bit gutted with Chelsea as i wanted Barca... but what better way to start off than with the defending champions. Bring on the Big Ears!!!

8. Transfers

Click image for larger version

Name:	Transfer Aug.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	183.9 KB
ID:	297062

Taking on the Champions League Challenge-adryan.jpgTaking on the Champions League Challenge-andre-ayew.jpgTaking on the Champions League Challenge-demba-ba.jpgTaking on the Champions League Challenge-wellington-nem.jpgTaking on the Champions League Challenge-isco.jpg

Overall i feel the transfer went ok, manager to bring in a few decent players which have really improved my squad. Now the tactic in purchasing these players was simple... they all had a buy-out clause so if i didn't get them someone would have done... right??

Managed to get rid of a lot of deadwood as well as John Obi-Mikel!!!!

Champions League Group Stage Draw

Name:	Champions League Draw.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	150.0 KB
ID:	297059

Well at first look this is an easy group... but is it?? only time will tell and first update from the champions league is due soon!!!

Hope you enjoy this story and bring it on!!!!

9. watch out for benfica

10. Champions League Group A - Matchday 1

Chelsea 2 - 0 Lille
    Terry, Hazard

Name:	Group Stage 1.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	256.2 KB
ID:	297070

A fantastic way to open up our account in the Champions League. We has the best possesion throughout the match and never looked like losing. Salomon Kalou made a return to Stamford Bridge, and he would like to forget about that. Every 3 points is vital in this group, and i am going for maximum points!!

Champions League Group A - Matchday 2

Malaga 1 - 3 Chelsea
    Hazard, Ayew 2 (1 Pen)

Name:	Group Stage 2.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	253.8 KB
ID:	297073

Another brilliant win, i have highlighted Malaga as my biggest threat for top spot and to beat them in there back yard is brilliant!! Isco put in a MOM performance against his former team with 2 assists! Benfica next!!

Name:	Group Table after 2 games.jpg
Views:	715
Size:	149.8 KB
ID:	297074

League table after 2 games

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast