Like Tree9Likes

(Hopefully) Not a Swan Song: A Swansea City Story

1. (Hopefully) Not a Swan Song: A Swansea City Story

(Hopefully) Not a Swan Song: A Swansea City Story-500px-swansea_city_afc_logo.svg.png

Hey everyone, this is my first attempt at a Football Manager story so go easy on me.

JULY

Transfers:
    (Hopefully) Not a Swan Song: A Swansea City Story-swansea_-transfers-history.png

IN:
    Some of the standard release clause guys. Okore will rotate in CB, Nem will be a first teamer and Ademilson is a great backup/rotation for Graham. Gordon will be replacing tremmel, who will be leaving soon. Adryan too will be joining soon. Tried to get Kweuke too but he went to Spurs damn him.
    More people may be coming in as the kitty is not empty yet.

OUT:
    Got twice what lita was worth and paid for most of ademilson. Not bad, eh? Other two were not needed so got rid, both for more than they where worth. Tremmel will leave soon and working on getting Augustien out too.

Friendlies so far (if anyone cares):

(Hopefully) Not a Swan Song: A Swansea City Story-swansea-city_-fixtures-schedule.png

(Blame the assistant for the last one)

That's it for the first month and more coming soon
    Last edited by Darthpootle; 08/01/2013 at 08:47 PM.

2. (Hopefully) Not a Swan Song: A Swansea City Story-ananidze_zhano.jpg
    Deadline Deals

August

Transfers

(Hopefully) Not a Swan Song: A Swansea City Story-swansea_-transfers-history-2.png

In:
    As mentioned before Adryan has joined this month. On deadline day i loaned Jano in for backup as i am lacking wingers. I tried to sign Malouda but his wages were silly so walked away.

Out:
    Didn't see a place for Gower or Augistien so i cashed in. Loaned out a few youth too. Spurs made a deadline day bid for Dyer but rejected my negotiation.

Fixtures

West Brom 1 - 1 Swansea
    Michu

Swansea 1 - 3 Arsenal
    Dyer

League Cup:

Swansea 3 - 0 Hartlepool
    Ademilson (2), Michu

(Hopefully) Not a Swan Song: A Swansea City Story-swansea-city_-fixtures-schedule-2.png

Not great but not awful either. We didn't deserve to lose 3-1 to Arsenal but the younguns did well against Hartlepool. We have Colchester in the next round so that should be winnable.
    Last edited by Darthpootle; 09/01/2013 at 08:13 PM.

3. i too am playing as swansea and have made some very similar signings ie. Nem, Adryan and Okore, Nem was a first teamer and gave the others a good few games, have developed immensely. First thing I would recommend is upgrading facilities, feeder club, youth recruitment network and junior coaching, as the standard of youths you get first and second season is abysmal... I cam 4th overall in first season and 3rd in second with 5 games to go... can i see a screenie of your starting line up? Thanks

4. Quote Originally Posted by simoo88 View Post
    i too am playing as swansea and have made some very similar signings ie. Nem, Adryan and Okore, Nem was a first teamer and gave the others a good few games, have developed immensely. First thing I would recommend is upgrading facilities, feeder club, youth recruitment network and junior coaching, as the standard of youths you get first and second season is abysmal... I cam 4th overall in first season and 3rd in second with 5 games to go... can i see a screenie of your starting line up? Thanks
    The board are upgrading the youth facilities and are searching for a feeder club at the moment but don't want to upgrade the training facilities yet.

As for the team:
    (Hopefully) Not a Swan Song: A Swansea City Story-swansea-city_-tactics-overview.png

Nem and Dyer are interchangeable as are Graham and Ademilson.

5. I personally found Ademilson didnt really hit it off first season about 11 goals in 30ish appearances... Have him and Destro year 2 rotating still and he is much improved 24 in 28, sign destro on a free comes for reasonable wages 40kish a week and scores bucket loads, over a goal a game for my team second season

6. Yeah I have recently started a Swansea game and it makes perfect sense to sign them players ASAP. have to say Dyer has been awesome for me on the left wing

7. (Hopefully) Not a Swan Song: A Swansea City Story-roberto-martinez_2206187b.jpg
    Beat him ^
    OCTOBER

Fixtures:

Stoke 0 - 0 Swansea

Swansea 3 - 1 Wigan
    Graham, Nem and Schetcher

Swansea 1 - 1 West Ham
    De Guzman

League Cup
    Swansea 2 - 1 Colchester
    Michu and Hernandez

Norwhich 3 - 2 Swansea
    Graham and Ademilson

(Hopefully) Not a Swan Song: A Swansea City Story-swansea-city_-fixtures-schedule-3.png

A month of extremes really. The Wigan game was great but the last game was very disapointing. We were poor in the league cup so we will need to be better against QPR in the next round. Ki is out for a few weeks aswell.

8. Destro would be awesome so ill try to get him in the future. And Dyer has been pretty good for me too, the goal he scored in the first month he took from his own penalty area and ran the length of the pitch to score!

9. yeah desto is a gd young player so defoe sign him...look for bocchetti too he could come on a free depending on how ur doing

10. Quote Originally Posted by Darthpootle View Post
    Destro would be awesome so ill try to get him in the future. And Dyer has been pretty good for me too, the goal he scored in the first month he took from his own penalty area and ran the length of the pitch to score!
    wow think I might give him some more opportunities I presently use Nem and Weiss as my wingers, Adryan (who has developed insanely well) is my starting AMC second season, occassionaly rotating with an argentine regen who annoyingly is immense and will prob overshadow Adryan in a year or 2 (I have played many saves, yet Adryan has never been this good!)

Signings I made for season 2:

Vladimir Weiss - Great winger scores and assists average rating 7.59 42 games, 13 goals 17 assists - got for free
    Ricardo Carvalho - 19k p/w wages, great as a tutor for Okore, played 23 games and got 7.39
    Will Hughes - 5m great midfield prospect from Derby, particularly useful as can play in variety of positions
    Landon Donovan - good back up winger/striker - 18 determination so made an excellent tutor for my regen strikers
    Michael Essien - paid 4.6m for him and using him to tutor my Will Hughes into a BWM, cost 56k p/w in wages, gets injured alot only played 19 games so far in my season with about 5 to go, but when he plays well is immense.

And ofcourse as I mentioned before Destro, will get you top prem scorer if utilised correctly...

Hope this helps and will be reading this story with interest as will be good to compare... If you want any advice or recommendations from my save let me know...

Btw i got Millwall as a feeder club, and they have been great... I have one more observation, but is it just me, or does the chairman at Swansea say no to a lot of things, after he gave me Millwall, he has refused outright everytime to allow me another feeder club, despite my league standing, have so many regens I wanna loan out...

+ Reply to Thread