• 1 Post By MaximumPower
  • 1 Post By Duzzy
  • 1 Post By karan10489

Manchester United - The Road to the Famous Treble

1. Manchester United - The Road to the Famous Treble

Manchester United
    The Road to the Famous Treble

Manchester United - The Road to the Famous Treble-treble.jpg

In this story I will be going for the Famous Treble with Manchester United.

To start off I will show you the tactics that I have created. I haven't checked anyone elses tactics on these forums so forgive me if I have copied you without giving any credit.

Firstly I have a 4-4-2 which I use more often out of my two tactics.

Manchester United - The Road to the Famous Treble-manchester-united_-tactics-overview-3.pngManchester United - The Road to the Famous Treble-manchester-united_-tactics-team.png

I find that this tactic works out better for me home and away.

The Second tactic I have made I use mainly when either Rooney or RVP are injured. I like to use Kagawa or Giggs behind either Rooney or RVP when using this formation.

Manchester United - The Road to the Famous Treble-manchester-united_-tactics-overview-2.pngManchester United - The Road to the Famous Treble-manchester-united_-tactics-team-2.png

Transfers

With the transfer I didn't want to spend much as my team was already in good shape to win trophies.

Manchester United - The Road to the Famous Treble-man-utd_-transfers-history.png

The players I bought are all mainly for the future.

Bakkali

I signed Bakkali as he has a bright future. He came cheaply too.

Manchester United - The Road to the Famous Treble-zakaria-bakkali_-overview-attributes.png

Bruma

I signed Bruma as I feel he could have the potential to be as good as Nani. I have loaned him out as I feel he isn't ready yet.

Manchester United - The Road to the Famous Treble-bruma_-overview-attributes.png

Sturridge

Sturridge was actually not in my plans at first. Towards the end of the transfer window Chelsea made an offer for Javier Hernandez but they were not willing to pay more than his value. So I decided to exchange Hernandez for Sturridge as firstly I want to see how it would work out and secondly Sturridge is an English born player.

Manchester United - The Road to the Famous Treble-daniel-sturridge_-overview-attributes.png

Nono

I brought Nono as firstly he could be the next "Xavi". Very unlikely but still worth a try. Unfortuanelty for me he got injured on international duty and is out for 2-3 months.

Manchester United - The Road to the Famous Treble-nono_-overview-attributes.pngManchester United - The Road to the Famous Treble-nono_-overview-information.png

As you can see I loaned a lot of players out and the reason being is that I probably won't play many of them and it would be better off if they went to play first team football somewhere else for a season or two.

I didn't bring too many staffs in as I didn't see a why to as the staff at Manchester United are good.

Manchester United - The Road to the Famous Treble-man-utd_-transfers-history-2.png

Pre-Season

Pre-Season went well with me winning 5 out of my 6 matches.

The Road to the Famous Treble Begins

Matchday 1:

Norwich vs Manchester United

For this match Wayne Rooney was injured so I decided to go with my 4-2-3-1 formation for this game.

Manchester United - The Road to the Famous Treble-norwich-v-man-utd_-overview-overview.pngManchester United - The Road to the Famous Treble-norwich-v-man-utd_-analysis-formations.png

3-0

Although Norwich aren't a strong team the formation proved to be good and effective.

Matchday 2:

Manchester United vs Swansea

For this match I decided to use my 4-4-2 tactic and see how Welbeck and RVP would do together.

Manchester United - The Road to the Famous Treble-man-utd-v-swansea_-overview-overview.pngManchester United - The Road to the Famous Treble-man-utd-v-swansea_-analysis-formations.png

4-0

Welbeck was surprising this match. I didn't expect him to play this well but he did just as good as Rooney and scored a Hat-trick.

Fixture results so far

As you can see I have had a good run of results. I was disappointed in losing to Arsenal and how poorly they played that match but overall I am happy with the results so far. I am currently placed 2nd with 1 point behind Arsenal.

Manchester United - The Road to the Famous Treble-manchester-united_-fixtures-schedule.png

I will keep you updated on how things are going.

Thank you for taking the time to read my story, it's my first story and I hope you enjoyed it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Manchester United - The Road to the Famous Treble-zakaria-bakkali_-overview-profile.png   Manchester United - The Road to the Famous Treble-manchester-united_-tactics-overview.png  
    Last edited by Duzzy; 15/01/2013 at 03:36 PM.
    Death Ball likes this.

2. Sturridge for Hernandez is crazy?!? Hernandez turns into a super scorer and dont lose Henriquez because he comes good too, Rooney is the worst of the lot.
    amc67x, Eric the Red and Seabear like this.

3. Impressive run you went on there, alot of clean sheets too

4. Fixtures Continued...

Currently lying in 1st place in the league, Qualified through to knockout rounds of the Champions league. I have had a couple of problem with injuries but nothing major. My strikers haven't scored many goals; with RVP scoring the most with 5. I have been rotating the strikers and have had injury problems with all my strikers apart from Sturridge.

Nani is currently performing the best for the team with 6 goals and 7 assists in the Premier League if I am right. Rooney has scored 7 goals in the group stages of the Champions league considering he didn't play in all of the matches. My wingers have the most assist in the Premier league. Nano came back from injury and in his first full game he got a rating of 8.

I've been keeping track of Hernandez and it's turned out that he is Chelsea top goal scorer with around 7 goals. Still I am happy with Sturridge. Di matteo got sacked as well as Brendan Rodgers and with Rodgers leaving a familiar face joined Liverpool....... and it was Rafa Benitez.

Any suggestion for January transfer? You can see on the previous screenshots the players I have in my team so judge off them. I don't want a first team player as I believe I don't need one until at least next season. Any future superstars to buy (Apart from Wellington Nem)?

Manchester United - The Road to the Famous Treble-manchester-united_-fixtures-schedule.png

P.s the match against Wigan was horrific as you can see. I was very disappointed with the team.
    Last edited by Duzzy; 15/01/2013 at 11:33 PM.

5. OMG you sold hernandez to rival. Hernandez onfire at my save.. score 23 goals in 15 matches
    Eric the Red likes this.

6. Quote Originally Posted by blekberot View Post
    OMG you sold hernandez to rival. Hernandez onfire at my save.. score 23 goals in 15 matches
    This
    Eric the Red likes this.

7. I am a Man United fan and can safely say you shouldn't of sold Hernandez. The fact you got Sturridge in return is unbelievable. I would only be happy if Sir Alex sold Hernandez if we got either +20 million plus or Karim Benzema
    Eric the Red likes this.

8. I've noticed I'm getting a lot of hate for selling Hernandez but in past saves he was not that good for me so I wanted to try something new, but that's just my opinion.
    blekberot likes this.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Duzzy View Post
    I've noticed I'm getting a lot of hate for selling Hernandez but in past saves he was not that good for me so I wanted to try something new, but that's just my opinion.
    He got 33 goals in 18 appearances for me, including 3 hatricks in 5 CL games! I havent found a better natural goal scorer on FM mate. Possibly thats why the move raises eyebrows. I did a Chelsea save and Sturridge really didnt work out, ended up selling him to napoli after 2 seasons.

And as for effectiveness, play him as poacher, simple. Since you use a 4-4-2, put RVP/Rooney as DFL and watch the goals flow. Alternatively, the Poacher in the 4-2-3-1 with Rooney/RVP retrained to AMC.
    Eric the Red likes this.

10. Quote Originally Posted by karan10489 View Post
    He got 33 goals in 18 appearances for me, including 3 hatricks in 5 CL games! I havent found a better natural goal scorer on FM mate. Possibly thats why the move raises eyebrows. I did a Chelsea save and Sturridge really didnt work out, ended up selling him to napoli after 2 seasons.

And as for effectiveness, play him as poacher, simple. Since you use a 4-4-2, put RVP/Rooney as DFL and watch the goals flow. Alternatively, the Poacher in the 4-2-3-1 with Rooney/RVP retrained to AMC.
    I'll try him out again next time I start a new save with Manchester United. I usually tend to play RVP and Rooney first team so I never see his full potential.

+ Reply to Thread