Like Tree92Likes

London Colney Youth Only Challenge

1. London Colney Youth Only Challenge

London Colney F.C. are a football club based in London Colney, near St. Albans, England. They play in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division.
    The club was established in 1907 and joined the Herts County League Division One 'A' in 1955. In the 1999–2000 season, they reached the 4th round of the FA Vase. For the 2012–13 season, they are members of the Spartan South Midlands Football League Premier Division.

The club celebrated its 100th year with mixed fortunes as the first team had an arduous season that started with high hopes of promotion from the Spartan South Midlands Premier Division and finished with a 9–1 defeat to the bottom side and a mid table finish. However the reserve side celebrated a League and Cup double, winning the Reserve division 2 title, conceding only 13 goals, and winning the Reserve Challenge Cup, beating Welwyn Garden City 1–0 in the final. They also experienced the Herts Intermediate Cup Final, leading Kings Langley 1st team 1–0 until 3 minutes from time when an own goal forced extra time. They eventually lost 3–2.

I won't be allowed to sign any players, I will be allowed to sign staff, I'm doing this after I saw how well MojoDex's journey with Guernsey was going and it intrigued me to try the same. The only downside is that we're amateur so I have to hope for the best!
    sdbrook and gogogo golem like this.

2. I've decided to go for a simple attacking 4-4-2 and our Pre-Season was mixed although we did draw against Crawley Down who are the league above us, our attendances are tiny so that could be a struggle for the next few seasons as well.

3. To help with your finances, you should try and get friendlies against high profile teams. It might mean that you won't get the results you're looking for, but you will make a good income which can only benefit the club in the long term. But I do like a LLM story, so I'll be following mate. Good luck!

4. Quote Originally Posted by Woodstok1987 View Post
    To help with your finances, you should try and get friendlies against high profile teams. It might mean that you won't get the results you're looking for, but you will make a good income which can only benefit the club in the long term. But I do like a LLM story, so I'll be following mate. Good luck!
    Thanks Woodstok, I'll keep that in mind for next pre-season, I'll update at Mid-Season as I'm currently in December but after that the updates will be monthly.

5. hopefully ull have the same success as mojodex's guernsey mate. shall be following as well!

6. So I've hit January 1st, but how have I done so far? Well...

I'm currently 8th in the league with up to 4 games in hand, we've been unlucky with some results and out of the FA Vase in the 1st Round, I was hoping for a bit of a cup run to improve the finances, fortunately we are still in the Dudley Latham Memorial Cup and the Spartan South Midlands Senior Cup so we could still aim for some silverware this season!

Here are our best 2 players so far this season by average rating:

gogogo golem likes this.

7. Brilliant! I'm glad that someone else has taken this on. You have made a great start, only problem is only one promotion place on offer. Take points off the teams above you and you should be golden. I'll be following

8. Quote Originally Posted by MojoDex View Post
    Brilliant! I'm glad that someone else has taken this on. You have made a great start, only problem is only one promotion place on offer. Take points off the teams above you and you should be golden. I'll be following
    I have a big feeling that we'll be in this division next season, we seem to be dropping points at any club, all the clubs have an equal ability and it's mainly just luck on what happens and thanks for following!

9. January & February 2013

As you can see in the league, you are more likely to draw than to win or lose, the most disappointing result has to be the 2-0 loss away to Biggleswade Town who at the time were bottom of the league, in the cups we're into the Final of the Spartan South Midlands Senior Cup against Dunstable Town and we currently have a 1 goal deficit in the Dudley Latham Memorial Cup Semi-Final against Kentish Town.
    sdbrook and gogogo golem like this.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Obscurity View Post
    I have a big feeling that we'll be in this division next season, we seem to be dropping points at any club, all the clubs have an equal ability and it's mainly just luck on what happens and thanks for following!
    I've found team meetings can improve results drastically. A good run can change everything.

+ Reply to Thread