Like Tree13Likes

FC Halifax Town - Not just a banking society.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

1. FC Halifax Town - Not just a banking society.

FC Halifax Town -  Not just a banking society.-shay.jpg

FC Halifax Town, founded in 2008.

Managerial debutant Santiago Munez takes over at Halifax after a successful career in football.

FC Halifax Town -  Not just a banking society.-kuno.jpg

Originally born in Mexico before moving to the United States, Santiago always knew what it was like playing lower league football and stayed true to himself when he said he would return to the depths of the game one day. Halifax Town will come to a shock to people but they was willing to offer me a job in the managerial area. I will be looking to apply fluid football and attacking forces even at this low down in the footballing pyramid. I will look to sign players of a young age but I need experience as I want to keep the club in a healthy state and sell players for profit and produce our own players as I will always be looking to upgrade the facilities. We will always be looking for loan players if we need back-up or can improve the squad. I can guarantee the fans of Halifax they will be in for an exciting season with me at the helm.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FC Halifax Town_ Information Facilities.png
Views:	1331
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	303201

The Facilities need to be upgraded and I will be pestering the board all season for every single thing to be upgraded, hopefully we can go on a cup run so that we can finance things more quickly.

Name:	FC Halifax Town_ Information General.png
Views:	1209
Size:	309.5 KB
ID:	303202

We are predicted to finish 2nd in this league but anything can happen, my target is to finish 1st and get promoted as Champions. We will need to get off on a fast start if we want to have a good shout of finishing 1st.

Name:	FC Halifax Town_ Report Team Depth Chart.png
Views:	1268
Size:	335.4 KB
ID:	303203

As you can see, all areas of the team are fairly strong with some that could do with a little work but we will look into this and sort it out.

Hoy, el viaje comienza
    Today the journey begins.

Last edited by TicTactition; 24/01/2013 at 07:12 PM.
    sdbrook likes this.

2. Pre-Season.

Name:	pre.jpg
Views:	1126
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	303212

'Your team is only as strong as the weakest player despite the superstars'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tactics

FC Halifax Town -  Not just a banking society.-yo.png FC Halifax Town -  Not just a banking society.-yo.png

These are the tactics I am employing into my play, some people may argue lower league players do not have the quality to move the ball around and play beautiful football, but I disagree. We will show them what we can achieve and to what heights we want to climb to.

FC Halifax Town -  Not just a banking society.-sir-santiago-m-nez_-news-inbox.pngFC Halifax Town -  Not just a banking society.-sir-santiago-m-nez_-news-inbox-2.png

Two good messages I have received at the start of the season, I will be looking to improve everything I can all of the time as I believe youth is the way forward. Barcelona for example in their squad have produces the likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Busquets, Puyol, Pique and many many more. I want to have homegrown players from Halifax all in the XI. But that is dreaming and a long way away.

FC Halifax Town -  Not just a banking society.-lewis-townley_-overview-profile.png

A young lad in the youth team which I will be looking to use from time to time and could possibly stake a claim for the first team in the future, nothing really special lying in our youth team at this moment in time.

Friendlys.

FC Halifax Town -  Not just a banking society.-yo.png
    Slightly disappointed with the Fleetwood result as we didn't really deserve to concede 4 goals but I won't get downhearted as they are only friendlies. There was some positives though, we was playing very nice football.

Transfers.

FC Halifax Town -  Not just a banking society.-yo.png
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sdbrook likes this.

3. August / Agosto

Name:	Hali.JPG
Views:	1501
Size:	255.1 KB
ID:	303223

'Either we heal now as a team, or we are going to die as individuals'
    Any Given Sunday

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matchday 1
    Saturday 18th August 2012
    Blue Square Bet North
    Woodside Park

Bishops Stortford 0 - 2 FC Halifax Town
    Bolland, Seddon

MOTM: Jordan Richards

Brilliant start to the league, we bossed Stortford from minute one till minute ninety, we showed that we can get the ball down and play football and not just play hoofball. I was very impressed with the team and the result was very rewarding, we will head into the next match full of confidence.

Matchday 2
    Tuesday 21st August 2012
    Blue Square Bet North
    The Shay

FC Halifax Town 3 - 0 Colwyn Bay
    Seddon (2), A.Baker

MOTM: Gareth Seddon

Well another game which we dominated and the stats show the truth, 20 shots on target compare to Colwyn Bay's 2. Also we bossed possession 70-30. We look really up for this season and asif we want to compete. I will reserve my judgement of making BOLD statements though as anything can go wrong at any time.

Matchday 3
    Saturday 25th August 2012
    Blue Square Bet North
    The Shay

FC Halifax Town 2 - 4 Workington
    Smith, A.Baker

MOTM: Gary Smith

Well, today was just all wrong. We got undone by route one tactics and can agree that we didn't deserve anything from this match. We was poor and looked like we didn't want to win the game.

Matchday 4
    Monday 27th August 2012
    Blue Square Bet North
    Horsfall Stadium

Bradford Park Avenue 1 - 2 FC Halifax Town
    Townley, Harrop

MOTM: Lewis Townley

Well comeback kings springs to mind. 1-0 down till the 88th minute where the young regen Townley came off the bench to equalise for us and showed brilliant composure to finish the ball from 8 yards. Then Max Harrop in the 92nd minute showed class from 30 yards and smashed a volley into the top corner which deserved the 3 points alone

Player of the month

Name:	Seddon.jpg
Views:	1502
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	303227

Gareth Seddon
    3 goals in 4 games shown why he is one of the most powerful strikers in this league.

League Table

Name:	Blue Square Bet North_ Overview Stages.png
Views:	1077
Size:	292.5 KB
ID:	303231

sdbrook likes this.

4. September / Setiembre

Views:	1813
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	303232

'Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they will remember the name on the back'
    Tony Adams.

FA Cup 2nd round qualifying draw:

FC Halifax Town v Esh Winning
    Easily winnable.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matchday 5
    Saturday 1st September 2012
    Blue Square Bet North
    The Shay

FC Halifax Town 1 - 0 Oxford City
    R.Baker, Lowe sent off

MOTM: Jordan Richards

We should have scored more at The Shay today. We had 2 goals disallowed which should have perfectly stood and when Danny Lowe was sent off I ordered my men to sit back a little more and not leave ourselves exposed to the counter attack as we only had 10 men but we stuck it out and came away with another 3 points. We will play league leaders Chester next.

Matchday 6
    Wednesday 5th September 2012
    Blue Square Bet North
    The Deva Stadium

Chester FC 0 - 3 FC Halifax Town
    R.Baker, Seddon, Hogan, Bolland sent off

MOTM: A.Baker

Well this game lived up to its reputation, two red cards and ten yellow cards it was evident that both teams was very keen to win the game. We was without doubt the best team and we should of really hit the net more than we did although 3-0 sounds like a brilliant result. We put Chester to the sword and showed our capabilities in this league we can take it by the horns and get that top spot.

Matchday 7
    Saturday 8th September 2012
    Blue Square Bet North
    Greene King Stadium

Hinckley United 0 - 2 FC Halifax Town
    A.Baker, Smith

MOTM: Liam Hogan

Well anything didn't look like going according to plan today as when we approached the half-time neither side had taken a shot at goal all game and the game became tedious to watch. We needed a spark so I sent Adam Baker wide right and he was brilliant as he tore the left-back of Hinckley a new bumhole. A day he will want to forget. Positive on the clean sheet note with Liam Hogan taking the MOTM award.

Matchday 8
    Saturday 15th September 2012
    Blue Square Bet North
    The Shay

FC Halifax Town 2 - 0 Gloucester City
    Seddon (2)

Well I thought it was going to be one of those games where we wouldn't win. We was controlling everything but in the first half it seemed someone had paid the referee to make some decisions, they was ridiculous and could of cost us the game. We still grinded our way through and in the second half Gareth showed his class yet again bagging a brace for the team.

Saturday 22nd September 2012
    FA Cup Second Qualifying Round
    The Shay

FC Halifax Town 4 - 0 Esh Winning
    Smith, Townley (3)

I decided to give Gareth a rest as he looked very jaded, up stepped Lewis Townley the young regen to show us if he can deliver the goods against a lower team and I would give him a full 90 minutes, its safe to say he didn't disappoint going home with an FA Cup matchball which will be a memory to saviour on his full-debut. I will be looking to use him more as his pace frightens the life out of defenders.

FA Cup Third Qualifying Round draw:

FC Halifax Town
    vs Mossley
    again, very winnable.

Matchday 9
    Saturday 29th September 2012
    Blue Square Bet North
    The Glassworld Stadium

Histon
    2 - 0 FC Halifax Town

Disappointed - Yes. But we cannot win every game although we would like too. We conceded both goals from set-pieces so it will be something I will look to work on in training. If we would have won we would of started creating a gap between us and the others but it wasn't to be so. We will start again next game.

Player of the month

Name:	Hogan.jpg
Views:	1097
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	303270

Liam Hogan
    Has been a rock for us at the back and staked his claim to start in the XI every week.

League Table

Name:	Blue Square Bet North_ Overview Stages-2.png
Views:	1055
Size:	297.0 KB
ID:	303272

Last edited by TicTactition; 22/01/2013 at 07:30 PM.
    sdbrook likes this.

5. Updates later as I am going to watch Grimsby Town vs Hyde FC, Should be fun.

6. October / Octubre

Views:	1070
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	303372

'We play as a team, we win as a team.'

Matchday 10
    Tuesday 2nd October 2012
    Blue Square Bet North
    The Shay

FC Halifax Town 4 - 1 Vauxhall Motors
    A.Baker, Seddon (2), Townley

We came out of the blocks very fast and scored within 30 seconds, We looked up for it from the start and it showed with a four goal battering against Vauxhall. Gareth Seddon was the most noticeable player with two goals an an assist he put in a classy performance which the fans gave him a standing ovation for when Townley came on in the 85th minute to replace him. Barely two minutes after coming on, Townley registered himself and showed me why he should be getting picked.

Saturday 6th October 2012
    The FA Cup Third Qualifying Round
    The Shay

FC Halifax Town
    5 - 0 Mossley
    R.Baker, Townley, A.Baker (3)

MOTM: Adam Baker

Another game which I was comfortable of winning so I played the youngster Townley instead of Seddon and it is safe to say I will be looking at him now as a rotation partner rather than a youth player, a goal and two assists was brilliant by the 16 year old and I believe he will have a big future in the game. But the game was about Adam Baker who took the matchball home after a beautiful hattrick which consisted of a 25 yard volley and a 30 yard freekick. The youngster would have been in dreamland after this.

FA Cup Fourth Qualifing Round draw:

FC Halifax Town vs Harrogate Town or Guiseley
    Very winnable and with our league form, we should book ourselves in the first round.

Matchday 11
    Saturday 13th October 2012
    Blue Square Bet North
    The Shay

FC Halifax Town 3-0 Boston United
    Lowe, A.Baker, Seddon

Another three points in the bag today and we played excellent yet again, Boston looked shellshocked when we attacked them with precision passing and direct running. I couldn't pick the Man of the Match if it was up to me because the whole team played well and all worked for one another and backed eachother up in the forward stages of play.

Saturday 20th October 2012
    FA Cup Fourth Qualifying Round
    The Shay

FC Halifax Town
    2 - 2 Harrogate Town
    Smith, Harrop

MOTM: Max Harrop

Well I decided to play Townley today as he has been brilliant in the FA Cup this season and it would be unfair to deny him his chance as he has been brilliant for us, it was just unlucky he couldn't strike today. I was very unhappy to have lost a two goal lead as I felt the team got a little complacent. I let that be a warning as next time they might not be so lucky.

Wednesday 24th October 2012
    FA Cup Fourth Round Replay
    Wetherby Road

Harrogate Town 1 - 1 FC Halifax Town (1-4 Pens)
    Seddon

We left things down to the wire here as we left it down to penalties. We didn't plat like we know we can but we still advance into the next round where we will play... you will have to see the draw. We must be more clinical in these games and Seddon saved us our spares against Harrogate this time round.

FA Cup First Round Draw:

Plymouth Argyle vs FC Halifax Town
    Tougher and two leagues above, could be tricky.

Matchday 12
    Saturday 27th October 2012
    Blue Square Bet North
    St James Park

Brackley Town 0 - 2 FC Halifax Town
    Smith, Seddon

A tale of two halfs this game was, first half we should have had around 5 goals and we looked absolute excellent. The second half it looked like everyone forgot to play football. We was lucky to come away with all three points but champions win games when they are not playing well so maybe it was an omen. After this game Brackley fired their manager.

Matchday 13
    Tuesday 30th October 2012
    Blue Square Bet North
    The Shay

FC Halifax Town
    0 - 2 Harrogate Town

MOTM: None.

Well I think Harrogate are a bogey team of ours as we have failed to beat them in three tries and they got the better of us today. We was struck by injuries and barely could name a bench. We cannot win every game like mentioned but I would like a good solid performance which we didn't deliver today and I am left disappointed.

Player of the month.

Name:  Smithooo.jpg
Views: 979
Size:  20.9 KB

Gary Smith
    Some very classy performances this month winning us games on his own.

League Table

Name:	Blue Square Bet North_ Overview Stages-3.png
Views:	1136
Size:	299.9 KB
ID:	303387

Last edited by TicTactition; 23/01/2013 at 01:58 AM.
    sdbrook likes this.

7. November / Noviembre

Name:	Hali.jpg
Views:	1017
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	303388

'One club, one love'

We also received some good news after I had a quick chat with the board.

FC Halifax Town -  Not just a banking society.-sir-santiago-m-nez_-news-inbox.png

Saturday 3rd November 2012
    FA Cup First Round
    Home Park

Plymouth Argyle 2 - 2 FC Halifax Town
    Seddon, Townley

What a fantastic result!! We have earned a replay at home against Plymouth who are flying high in the nPower League 2. We really took the game to them aswell wanting to show them we wasnt prepared to wait for them to attack. We should have took the win really but veteran striker Jon Macken was the difference for them today

Matchday 14
    Wednesday 7th November 2012
    Blue Square Bet North
    Moss Lane

Altrincham 1 - 0 FC Halifax Town

MOTM: Danny Lowe
    We didn't create anything today or even look like we could manage a 5-yard pass. We will have to improve if we want to keep our place at the top of the table as it could be under threat with performances like these.

Saturday 10th November 2012
    FA Trophy Third Qualifying Round
    The Shay

FC Halifax Town 2 - 1 Altrincham
    Seddon (2)

Revenge was sweet from the previous match where they managed to snatch a goal from us, but this victory came at a price. 4 Players injured and with our already wire thin squad this could cause a massive upset but we want to stay on the positive of things and try and keep the winning feeling around everyone.

English FA Trophy First Round Draw:

FC Halifax Town
    v Stockport County
    Again, will be hard but we can do it.

Wednesday 14th November 2012
    FA Cup First Round Replay
    The Shay

FC Halifax Town 3 - 3 Plymouth Argyle
    (4-3 pens)
    Hackney, A.Baker, Seddon

WE HAVE DONE IT!!! We are through to the 2nd round of the FA Cup and dare we think if we win we could face a giant? That would be dreaming but we still have to wait to see who we are drawn against. We more than matched Plymouth Argyle but they had the extra bit of quality but we had more grit and determination to succeed.

FA Cup Second Round Draw:

Oxford United v FC Halifax Town

Matchday 15
    Saturday 17th November 2012
    Blue Square Bet North
    The Shay

FC Halifax Town
    1 - 1 Droylsden
    R.Baker

MOTM: Richie Baker

All of the lads looked very leggy and tired, but we did well to get a 1-0 lead and we hung on untill the 89th minute where a cross was floated in harmlessly and Glennon let it slip right through his hands and cost us the game. I had a private chat with him at the end of the game to say you must stay focused at all times. If you lose focus, you allow the opponents to get the edge over you.

Matchday 16
    Wednesday 21st November 2012
    Blue Square Bet North
    Nethermoor

Guiseley FC 3 - 1 FC Halifax Town
    Seddon

Another ridiculous performance, Glennon will be dropped from the next game that is a guarantee after having yet another shocker which has cost us the points. We didn't look good or we didn't look interested, if that's the case we may aswell not have turned up and just given them the three points. I am on the lookout for fresh hungry talent to replace some players.

Saturday 24th November 2012
    FA Trophy First Round
    The Shay

FC Halifax Town
    1 -2 Stockport County
    Newton

MOTM: Billy Newton
    (Regen & Debutant)

Can't be too displeased at this result as Stockport are a bigger club than us and their class showed at times but four games without a win is very worrying indeed and we will need to buckle up in this situation in order to gain promotion as everyone will be snapping at our heels after catching up to us.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player of the month

Name:	seddo.jpg
Views:	1337
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	303397

Gareth Seddon
    The bloke just bangs goals in for fun in this league.

League Table.

Name:	Blue Square Bet North_ Overview Stages.png
Views:	989
Size:	302.5 KB
ID:	303398
    Last edited by TicTactition; 23/01/2013 at 03:23 AM.
    sdbrook likes this.

8. December / Deciembre

Attachment 303399

Hopefully Santa Claus would bring us a change of fortune for Christmas.

Saturday 1st December 2012
    FA Cup Second Round
    The Kassam Stadium

Oxford United
    1 - 1 FC Halifax Town
    Marshall

Well this was a clash for a place in the 3rd round of the FA Cup which would be more than a great achievement for a club like us. Oxford bossed the play from early on but we kept going and going at them which I credit my team for and we came away with a replay at home, hopefully we can get some extra fans through the turnstiles to spur us on to a victory.

Matchday 17
    Wednesday 5th December 2012
    Blue Square Bet North
    The Shay

FC Halifax Town
    1 - 0
    Solihull Moors
    Harrop

I became worried pre match because of the streak of games we had gone without winning and as we approached half time 0-0 I didn't want to think about the end result but we rolled up our sleeves in the second half and we got the result we wanted.

Matchday 18
    Saturday 8th December 2012
    Blue Square Bet North
    St. Georges Lane

Worcester City 1 - 0 FC Halifax Town

MOTM: Simon Hackney

Very disappointed with the result obviously but we created alot of chances which is a positive from the game, I hope we are saving all the goals for the replay against Oxford which is for a 4th round draw against a big crowd I will reveal!! However we must take points from games like these if we are to win this league.

Wednesday 12th December 2012
    FA Cup Third Round Replay
    The Shay

FC Halifax Town 3 - 2 Oxford United
    Seddon, Townley, Harrop

There it is!!! Fourth round of the FA Cup here we come and we are raking the money in from the prize rounds which is good for the clubs coffers, The youngster Townley brought it home with a 90th minute winner and I was told by members of the club that scouts from Sheff Utd, Notts Forest and Millwall was in the stands having a look at him.

FA Cup Fourth Round Draw:

Cardiff City v FC Halifax Town
    Will be very lucky to come away with anything from this game.

Matchday 19
    Saturday 15th December 2012
    Blue Square Bet North
    The Shay

FC Halifax Town 3 - 0 Bishop's Stortford
    Marshall, Townley (2)

Today was all about the youngster once again. Grabbing himself a brace and an assist for the game wasn't bad for the onlooking scouts. He booked his place in the XI after last game vs Oxford and again he didn't disappoint. Gareth and him are fighting to keep eachother out of the team which is a delight as a manager to have that dilemma! Note: Gareth is also Lewis's tutor.

Matchday 20
    Saturday 22nd December 2012
    Blue Square Bet North
    Llanelian Road

Colwyn Bay 1 - 3 FC Halifax Town
    O.G, Bolland, Needham

MOTM: Phil Bolland

Well what a interesting match!! We went ahead due to a clearance from Jamie Green from around 80 yards and low and behold it dipped the keeper and we took the lead early on. Also when Needham scored he got himself injured by celebrating which I found very stupid.

Matchday 21
    Wednesday 26th December 2012
    Blue Square Bet North
    The Shay

FC Halifax Town
    3 - 1 Gainsborough Trinity
    Marshall (3)

MOTM: Paul Marshall

Paul Marshall is taking all the plaudits today after a hattrick from the middle of the field like a true champion also he walked away with the matchball. He brings a nice feel to the dressing room aswell and all the team was delighted for him to have such a good game. We are nearing the January transfer market. Will anybody be moving?

Matchday 22
    Saturday 29th December 2012
    Blue Square Bet North
    The Shay

FC Halifax Town 2 - 1 Corby Town
    Marshall, Rainford

MOTM: Paul Marshall

Back to our winning streak and we will also be topping the table going into the new year which is brilliant. Marshall got himself on the scoresheet for a second game in the row, Rainford the forgotton striker came off the bench to net the winner for us.

Player of the month

Name:	Townley.png
Views:	969
Size:	361.7 KB
ID:	303717

Lewis Townley
    The cup hero put in some vital performances this month.

League Table.

Name:	Blue Square Bet North_ Overview Stages-2.png
Views:	975
Size:	304.0 KB
ID:	303718
    Last edited by TicTactition; 23/01/2013 at 09:32 PM.
    sdbrook likes this.

9. Santiago Munez, hehe
    You are doing great thus far. Are you looking for promotion next season as well? And are the tacttics you stated above the tactics you have been using the whole time? - Same formation?

10. Quote Originally Posted by KevArker View Post
    Santiago Munez, hehe
    You are doing great thus far. Are you looking for promotion next season as well? And are the tacttics you stated above the tactics you have been using the whole time? - Same formation?
    Yes I had to change from RaĆ¹l you see haha! Yes I am, signing players under 23 so I can develop them myself. Yes they are, obviously if I am nervous i'll play a little more defensively.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast