Bettering Rudi Gutendorf - The International Journeyman Challenge
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. Bettering Rudi Gutendorf - The International Journeyman Challenge

Rudolf "Rudi" Gutendorf (born 30 August 1926 in Koblenz) is a German football manager, renowned for managing the highest number of national teams – to date a total of 18 teams.

My aim, after the bug of the London Colney game, is to manage my way to the top whilst only managing international teams.

2. Brilliant! Should be good

3. The Setup:

I've only loaded Wales since it's the smallest nation and will allow the quickest game speed, I've loaded all players with a national reputation on every continent as well as every international player to allow a greater range in international teams that are available to me.

4. The First Job:

The Kyrgyzstan national football team is the national team of Kyrgyzstan and is controlled by the Football Federation of Kyrgyz Republic. It is a member of the Central and South Asian Football Federation of the Asian Football Confederation.

After the split of Soviet Union, they played their first match away in Tashkent, against Uzbekistan on 23 August 1992 in the Central Asia Tournament. On 26 September they drew 1–1 at home in Bishkek against Kazakhstan, then on 3 October lost at home 6–2 to Uzbekistan. On 14 October they travelled to Ashgabad where they lost 4–0 to Turkmenistan. In the last game of the tournament they lost 2–0 to Kazakhstan on 25 October in Kzyl-Orda, Kazakhstan.

In June 1993 Kyrgyzstan traveled to Tehran, Iran for a tournament against other Central Asian sides and Azerbaijan. They lost 3–2 on 6 June to Azerbaijan and then drew 1–1 two days later against Tajikistan.

In April 1994 Kyrgyzstan played other Central Asian teams in a tournament in Tashkent, Uzbekistan. On 13 April they lost 5–1 to Turkmenistan, then on 15 April 1–0 to Tajikistan. On 17 April they drew 0-0 against Kazakhstan before losing 3-0 to the hosts two days later.

5. The Key Players

Despite being 196th in the rankings, we've got some decent players, I expect that I can take them into the high 100's in the rankings if I'm lucky.

6. How did you pick Kyrgyzstan?

7. Quote Originally Posted by chelsea4ever View Post
    How did you pick Kyrgyzstan?
    By loading all players with a national reputation in every continent as well as all international players it gives you a lot more choice of nations to manage.

8. i might try this challenge, it seems quite good, i have decided to start as Malta because it was a hard team to start with

9. 2012

I joined after the failure of the AFC Challenge Cup Qualifiers and discovered that Kyrgyzstan are actually quite good as we won and dominated every game.

Karim was the best player and he also now has 4 goals in 5 caps.

10. Quote Originally Posted by LittleLaney11 View Post
    i might try this challenge, it seems quite good, i have decided to start as Malta because it was a hard team to start with
    Good luck, it really is a unique challenge!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast