Like Tree18Likes

Market Drayton Town FC Challenege
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

1. Market Drayton Town FC Challenege

After playing football manager for a number of years now, by learning the trade from my father which i am proud to say and with me being only 17, i have decided to take on a extremely difficult challenge of taking control of my local football team Market Drayton Town FC. I am proud to say that i have played for the sunday league teams of Market Drayton since the age of 7 and still play now which makes it even more special to me.

After reading through MojoDex's story i am going to operate in the same approach by only using youth team players and greyed out players, where i can also sell my players and purchase them back if need be. However, i will not be able to play my seasons or update this thread as much as MojoDex does due to me attending college and still playing for my beloved Market Drayton Town Seniors team on weekends.

Name:  MDraytonFC.png
Views: 527
Size:  2.7 KB
    About:
    Market Drayton Town F.C. is a football club based in Market Drayton, Shropshire, England. They play in the Northern Premier League Division One South .

Just a weird yet very interesting fact, two years ago when i was playing for Market Draytons U16's a team that had been together for around 5 years, we were in our last year of boys football, never won the league. We won the league playing against top sides, now here is the interesting fact.. Our left back was Julian Parton's son and he came to watch every home and away game and was a great man, and now he is my boss on football manager as he owns Market Drayton FC, just weird haha.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Market Drayton Town FC Challenege-start-season.png  
    Last edited by DanStafford; 24/01/2013 at 06:44 PM.
    sdbrook and gogogo golem like this.

2. Good luck

3. LFCMarshall's Avatar LFCMarshallPremium Member
    • Quote Originally Posted by Jamie92 View Post
      Fantastic update, seriously it's quite amazing how much time and effort you have put into this. Premierleague is 99.99% perfect IMO!
      Quote Originally Posted by peskybendben View Post
      Another phenominal update there LFC! Simply outstanding, and by far the most complete and comprehensive update on the web today! I think I speak on behalf of everyone on this forum, when I say a huge thank you for this!
    Liverpool. YNWA.
    Haha, im from Coalville..

Played you earlier in the year

4. Quote Originally Posted by LFCMarshall View Post
    Haha, im from Coalville..

Played you earlier in the year
    Not really followed them this year due to college work and so forth but might try go to more games.

Quote Originally Posted by MojoDex View Post
    Good luck
    Thank you, any advice and constructive criticism is welcome!

5. Edited OP

6. The tactic i will be implementing upon my team in this opening season is a 5-3-2 formation with an attacking mindset and fluid movement, this should cause teams worries going forward while hopefully staying disciplined at the back.

This season looks like it could be a big challenge for us as the bookies has put us odds on favorites to be relegated, but i feel we can push for mid-table if not promotion.

Only a month into the job and we have already had a big setback, such heart ache already!

There was a big eye opener despite the disappointment of the board interactions and the bookies evaluation. The friendlies went better than expected beating and drawing with teams in around the same leagues and in leagues above us.

sdbrook and gogogo golem like this.

7. Seems like a good setup for a great story! Good luck with this one, and I'll be trying to follow as much as time allows :>

8. Quote Originally Posted by sieni View Post
    Seems like a good setup for a great story! Good luck with this one, and I'll be trying to follow as much as time allows :>
    It is going to be difficult seeing as most of the players arent on full-time contracts and im not allowed to offer them either, a lot interest from clubs and a few players already left, and thanks a lot!

9. I've started one with Tier 9 team Ashton Athletic, I earned promotion in my first season Does anyone know how you qualify for the FA Cup?

10. Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Street View Post
    I've started one with Tier 9 team Ashton Athletic, I earned promotion in my first season Does anyone know how you qualify for the FA Cup?
    Hows it going? And not too sure tbh

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast