Like Tree4Likes

West Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. West Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story

West Brom

West Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story-.png

I have decided to chose West Brom as they are in no debt a rarity these days and are full of good british players, i will not just sign young british players but this will be something i will do, main aim is to get into europe in the next couple of seasons and possible cup runs and in the next 5 years be challenging for the title!

Info

West Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story-west-brom_-information-general.png

Season Expectations

West Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story-budget.png

I chose the lowest possible option as going any higher did not offer much of a bigger budget so seemed stupid to go for.

Key Players

West Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story-youssuf-mulumbu_-overview-profile.pngWest Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story-chris-brunt_-overview-profile.png

I picked these two as my key players on the first day of looking at the squad and since then they have both been the subject of big transfer offers in the regions of £11 million plus.

Youth Prospects

West Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story-george-thorne_-overview-profile.pngWest Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story-donervon-daniels_-overview-profile.pngWest Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story-craig-dawson_-overview-profile.png

Im unsure if Daniels will play much this season but Dawson and Thorne will both be getting plenty of game time.

Transfer History

West Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story-west-brom_-transfers-history.png

Fortune and Odemwingie both wanted to leave, where on big money contracts and are the wrong side of 30 so i was glad to see the back of them especially considering we still have Rosenberg, Long, Lukaku, Wood and the new signing Danny Graham.

Danny Graham will be my first choice striker from now on and Will Hughes should develop into a key player i tried to sign Mason Bennett but derby wanted to much, Anderson moved to Newcastle as his wages were ridiculous for him and Reo Coker chose Aston Villa ahead of us.

West Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story-danny-graham_-overview-profile.pngWest Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story-will-hughes_-overview-profile.png

I shall be posting updates every 2-3 months in the game to save time as i always seem to power through these games and forget to type up the story!

Comments and Opinions Appreciated

2. West Brom

August - October 2012

My Tactic

West Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story-west-bromwich-albion_-tactics-overview.png

A simple tactic really and one that works well on this years FM, doing wonders on my Dnipro and Man Utd saves with a similar tactic and West Brom have some brilliant midfielders to play this way.

Fixtures August - October

West Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story-west-bromwich-albion_-fixtures-schedule.png

A very good start to the season as we face some lower competition which really helped me get used to how the team performs, i was a bit worried about it after the Aston Villa result where we managed to peg them back immediately after they scored twice but the 3rd time they got the win, we really should have beaten Southampton after Danny Graham's penalty i tried to shut up shop but it didnt help.
    Our reserves dominated Bournemouth in the first cup game and the youth players really gave a first team Chelsea a run for their money, i reckon this is why we managed to draw with them in the league as i had a fresh team whereas they had only played 3 days previously.
    Liverpool result is not as big as it used to be as they are a poor team this year but i hoped to get more from the Newcastle match but considering they are a lot better on the game than in real life it was to be expected.

League Table

West Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story-english-premier-division_-overview-stages.pngWest Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story-english-premier-division_-stats-player.png

A top half finish is well within our reach but 7th and europe is were i really want to be come the end of the season.

Star Player

West Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story-chris-brunt_-overview-profile.png

I said at the beginning he would be key to our season and he has showed why with 7 assists to go along with his 3 goals, im glad i turned down the £12 million Tottenham bid!

3. Nice to see you back and good team choice
    coolmcool likes this.

4. West Brom

November - December 2012

Fixtures

West Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story-west-bromwich-albion_-fixtures-schedule.png

Some comfortable wins have come along with some terrible defeats as the likes of Everton and Swansea destroy us! We gave both Manchester clubs a good game and City were lucky to get all 3 points, the Tottenham result was good overall but after going 2 up in a matter of moments i knew they would batter us for the rest of the game i was glad for the late equalizer as i felt we didnt deserve to lose.

The majority of goals we concede seem to be down to person error rather than a team running through us, Ben Foster has had a terrible few months along with 5 performances being rated 5.7 or less, he kicks the ball straight to the opposition and concedes he lets goals in from back passes and 40 yard tame shots from other teams, at least 4 clearances from my defence have hit an opposing player and bounced right into the back of the net!
    Foster is out of here the sooner the better.

Premier League Stats

West Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story-english-premier-division_-overview-stages.pngWest Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story-english-premier-division_-stats-player.png

We are in 10th at the moment but only 4 points from 3rd so we have been as low as 12th and as high as 5th over the christmas period. Brunt has not continued his good early season form and has been one of the first players to be subbed when we are in a tight game.

Best Player

West Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story-danny-graham_-overview-profile.pngWest Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story-graham-quickest-goal.png

Danny Graham has been brilliant for us and 11 goals in 18 games is brilliant for a striker at this level, he also scored our fastest goal against Tottenham but it might have been too fast.

And finally after staying in the Man City job for 13 years on my Man Utd save Mancini has been sacked before Christmas this time around!

Next up Jan-Feb and a busy Winter Transfer Window!

5. Nice story with a good team. Hope you can do what you did with your ManU story to this team
    coolmcool likes this.

6. Quote Originally Posted by smiles1000 View Post
    Nice story with a good team. Hope you can do what you did with your ManU story to this team
    Might take a bit longer but we definetly have a chance to make it into europe, hopefully grab a few good bosmans for the next season and push on from there.

7. West Brom

January - Febuary 2013

Transfer History

West Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story-west-brom_-transfers-history.png

Jack Butland was going to be one for the future but as Ben Foster has been booted out he may get a lot more game time, Leon Britton was brought in for cheap money as we only have 2 CM's so will be good back up and the same can be said for Albrighton.

West Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story-marc-albrighton_-overview-profile.pngWest Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story-leon-britton_-overview-profile.pngWest Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story-jack-butland_-overview-profile.png

Players out were only ones not getting any game time, Shane Long didnt play a single game and with Everton offering a big sum i snapped it up from them, Rosenberg was just another striker i did not need, i only play 1 up front and Graham has been on fire so there was no need for 7 Strikers in the first team squad. Chris Wood has gone out on loan in Feb aswell to Watford leaving me with Lukaku as back up.

Change in Expectations

West Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story-change-expectations.png

I didnt see any point in changing the expectations as i didnt really gain any money to heap unwanted pressure onto myself.

Fixtures

Almost an unbeaten couple of months until Arsenal beat our 9 game unbeaten run in the league, we have managed to get through the FA Cup with our youth team but i may put the first team in now we are getting into it.
    Danny Graham has continued with some brilliant performances carrying on with his goalscoring form, we have managed to beat the teams we are suppose to and done extremely well against the bigger teams.

League Stats

West Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story-english-premier-division_-overview-stages.pngWest Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story-english-premier-division_-stats-team.pngWest Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story-english-premier-division_-stats-player.png

We are doing really well in the league and we are only 3 points off of 4th place but that is just a pipedream and any form of european football is good enough for us.

Best Player

West Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story-jonas-olsson_-overview-profile.png

Jonas has been brilliant recently winning man of the matches and having one of the highest ratings in the league at the moment, it was a tough choice as Danny Graham has been scoring a lot of goals still.

8. West Brom

March - April 2013

Fixtures

A good run in the FA Cup along with some okay league results have helped us really look like we can get european football next season. Yet again we beat the teams you would expect and do well against some of the bigger teams, i was unhappy with the Fulham match as we beat them comfortably in the cup match but were 3-1 down after half time and a few good subs and a change in tactics helped us grab 2 goals back.

Premier League Stats

West Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story-english-premier-division_-overview-stages.pngWest Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story-english-premier-division_-stats-team.pngWest Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story-english-premier-division_-stats-player.png

With only 4 games to go i would like to think that we have secured european football next season and we still have a chance of getting 5th which would be an incredible achievement, Olsson and Brunt are both in the top areas of the stats lists as Olsson has been a constant key performer and Chris Brunt has set up the majority of Grahams goals along with banging in 11 goals in 40 games.

FA Cup Run

West Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story-english-fa-cup_-overview-stages.png

One of the easiest cup draws i have ever had as we got drawn against teams we could beat and never anyone above us in the league, we do face Chelsea in the final who in previous matches this season have beaten us once and drawn with us twice.

Butland Pressure?

West Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story-butland-pressure.png

Im not too sure why i keep getting this after practically every match? He has performed well and only conceded 9 goals in 15 matches which i would deem good. I know he is young but he hasnt made any mistakes and has had good performance ratings.

Best Player

West Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story-graham-dorrans_-overview-profile.png

At the start of the season i didnt really rate him but these past few months he has put in some good shifts and along with that bashed in some important goals

9. West Brom

May - FA Cup Final

Well we were told by everyone who could speak that we didnt stand a chance of winning the FA Cup final against Chelsea and they were . . . .

West Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story-chelsea-v-west-brom_-overview-overview.png

right, we held on for 70 minutes but a mistake from Jara lead to the goal where he cleared a cross which hit Torres and went in and i thought the dream was over, i made 3 subs and who should pop up but one of those subs 33 year old Zoltan Gera to push it into extra time, we amazingly had 2 goals disallowed which included Yacob getting sent off for getting so irate and then concede 3 goals in quick sucsession as we lost all hope and tired but youngster Will Hughes managed to grab a consolation after Craig Dawson went off with an injury leaving us with 9 men on the pitch.

Plus Side

West Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story-euro-up-qualifyed.png

We are guarenteed Europa League football next season but depending on the last 4 league games this month we may well end up starting off in the tournament later than at the moment

10. West Brom

May 2013 - End of Season

Last 4 League Fixtures

Not a bad end to the season gaining 7 points from a possible 12 but it still wasnt enough to grab 5th place despite beating Tottenham who were just above us, we should have really beaten Everton who are having a poor season but Danny Graham missed a penalty and after the FA Cup heartache our team was never really up for a game against Man City.

Premier League Stats

So there it is in the end we have to settle for 7th which i would have taken at the start of the season as a brilliant year but to drop down from 5th was dissapointing, we were guranteed europa league football next season due to the FA Cup final so West Ham also get a place in next seasons competition in 8th.
    Jonas Olsson showed the world how good a player hes is and gains the 3rd highest rating overall for a player this season in the premier league which is just crazy considering who he is above, Brunt was joint 2nd in the assists charts but Danny Graham with his 16 league goals just misses out off the top 5 goalscorers.

Awards

West Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story-english-premier-division_-awards-award-winners.pngWest Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story-2nd-manager-year.png

Jonas Olsson is quite rightly in the team of the year beating the likes of John Terry and Rio Ferdinand to get a spot, i also got recognised for my great season as i come 2nd in the Manager of the Year awards second to none other than Fergie.

April Young Player of the Month

West Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story-butland-youngplayer-month-april.png

I thought i would show this as despite me getting hounded by the media to drop Butland as he was too young he put in some brilliant performances and outperformed Ben Foster from early in the season and managed to pick up this award for his troubles.

West Brom Squad Overview

West Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story-west-bromwich-albion_-squad-players.png

What can i say? The whole team outdid themselves this season putting in some brilliant performances the likes of Will Hughes and Butland will only get better but there is plenty of deadwood to get rid of, the loan signings Lukaku and Popov will not be staying and Jerome Thomas and Jara have not signed new contracts along with Tamas already having a deal in place to leave, Ben Foster will also be heading out as i look to the bosmans for some signings as i cant imagine i will be getting much of a budget thanks to this -

West Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story-stadium-expansion.png

Best Player - Signing of the Season

West Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story-danny-graham_-overview-profile.png

Danny Graham has had a brilliant season scoring roughly a goal every other game and more than anything i think our tactic and style has really suited him more so than Shane Long or Lukaku, i will be looking to bring in some competition for him next season though.

New 4 Year Deal

West Brom : A Bouncing Baggies Story-new-4-year-deal.png

I was starting to get worried that they were not going to offer me a new deal but in the end they gave me a massive 4 year deal on 40k a week more than any of my players earn!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast