Like Tree103Likes

Chelsea Youth Challenge

1. Chelsea Youth Challenge

Birch replaces Benitez

Chelsea fans got their wish as Rafa was sent packing finally. Roman has promoted Youth Coach Sam Birch as the new manager on a 1 Year Deal.

Birch has been a youth coach since the Mourinho days and has been tipped to rise to the top of the game. Here's what he said in his press conference:

''I'm glad to be trusted with such an amazing job, firstly Id like to say I will be running the first team my way. I'm going to give youth as much of a chance as possible, players like Lukaku, McEachran, Ake, Piazon, Chalobah will all be integrated into the first team and I'm sure they will become stars as long as they work hard. Secondly with the financial fairplay rules coming in soon I wont be splashing the cash, I wont sign anyone over the age of 21 either.''

So basically I've struggled to get stuck into a save this year but hopefully managing my favourite side I can commit. Also the rules should make it interesting for you guys too

2. A new Sam91 story, today is a good day. Looking forward to this!
    Sam91 likes this.

3. I'll follow! Going to actually try this myself, nice idea!
    Sam91 likes this.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Kezza96 View Post
    I'll follow! Going to actually try this myself, nice idea!
    Thanks dude. Been wanting to do it for ages really, hopefully goes well

Quote Originally Posted by VictorWanyama View Post
    A new Sam91 story, today is a good day. Looking forward to this!
    Cheers man

Also just for everyone to note I'm using LFC's update. And very happy with some of the boosts he's given to the youngsters in the side especially Feruz. Update just before the first game of the season, promoted a lot of youth up from the reserves and Under 18's!
    pompey forever99 likes this.

5. good luck should b e interesting getting the youth in the team
    Sam91 likes this.

im enjoying this at the moment followed a lot of your stories cant wait for start of season and new signings
    Sam91 likes this.

7. Chelsea, Stevenage and Dagenham + Redbridge Modern Day Legend
    Good luck mate I like using as many Chelsea youth players as possible when I manage them so definately going to follow this
    Sam91 likes this.

8. A tougher challenge would have been only buying players under 18. Good luck though I will definitely be following this! Will you have an age cap where you will sell the veterans once they reach a certain age or what?

9. Pre Season

Let my assistant take control of the games
    Promote a lot of youngsters to the Senior Squad
    Sign just one youngster

Transfers

Chelsea Youth Challenge-transfers.png Chelsea Youth Challenge-world-transfers.png

So I just snapped up one youngster so far in Nathan Redmond, we only had one natural right winger in Moses and Redmond looks like a real talent plus he's English. A lot of un-wanted were sold. Still need to try and offload Turnbull and Hilario though.

Chelsea Youth Challenge-redmond.png

In world news not a lot has happened apart from Kaka moving to City from Madrid.

Squad

Chelsea Youth Challenge-squad-formation.png

So as you can see I'm using my trusty 4-2-3-1 and it fits this side nicely. Ba will start over Torres and Feruz will be our back up forward. Also promoted Ake, Loftus-Cheek, Baker and Blackman. All will get chances in Cups and against weaker sides. Also I promoted Saville and Swift but they probably will never be good enough sadly. But Ake and Feruz are the ones who really have the potential to become part of the future.

Chelsea Youth Challenge-ake.png Chelsea Youth Challenge-feruz.png

I also manager to get Roman to increase the Youth Recruitment Networking to help our youth intakes.

Chelsea Youth Challenge-youth-recruitment-increase.png

Thats all for now until the end of August in which we could have won 2 trophies already!!

10. Good luck with this mate

+ Reply to Thread