Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By TheBetterHalf
  • 1 Post By Candysroom

How to put Downloaded Tactics into the game

1. How to put Downloaded Tactics into the game

How to put Downloaded Tactics into the game

Important: When playing the game in the new "classic mode", you can only use tactics made with the Tactic Creator. Also notice that you no longer use "training" the way one did in FM12 so here, there is nothing to download

Step 1

Download the tactic

Step 2

Make sure that the file has the extension “.tac “
    If its has .rar or .zip, it means that it’s a compressed file and then you need to use WinR or WinZip

Step 3

Put the file with the extension .tact in here

User / My Documents / Sports Interactive / Football Manager 2013 / Tactics

If the folder does not exist then just create it your self

Step 4

Go into the Tactics screen. Click the options, then manage Tactics

CLICK IMPORT

Make sure that you chose the correct folder, in this case the tactics folder. Pick a Tactic and then click Select

Step 5

Now, you have imported the tactic into your save and not only into the game and can pick it as either a starting tactic or a backuptactic.

Step 6

Have some Cheese and if being as I am, an adult, some really good wine. Put your feet up and enjoy the best game so far in the FM series.
    Last edited by TheBetterHalf; 27/10/2012 at 05:21 PM.
    Jake, ajt09 and rookiemanager2 like this.

2. Hmm...not sure about that. Stilton cheese and Port is far more enjoyable lol

3. its still not working

4. Quote Originally Posted by bartvador View Post
    its still not working
    Where are you struggling ?

5. Wonder why they got rid of the ability to share normal tactics? For me it was a huge part of playing the game

6. Quote Originally Posted by dickdastardly View Post
    Wonder why they got rid of the ability to share normal tactics? For me it was a huge part of playing the game
    Do you mean using Tactics using "Classic mode" in FMC ?

7. Quote Originally Posted by dickdastardly View Post
    Wonder why they got rid of the ability to share normal tactics? For me it was a huge part of playing the game
    You still can, just classic mode is a much simpler and faster way to play the game as compared to the normal mode. So it just sticks with the tactics creator because it basically walks you through everything in about 10 seconds and requires no real work to get what you want from it.

Also TBH you spelt Adult wrong in step 6.

8. when i download tactics it doesnt work, i tried a couple from last year which were from last years game. they were TAC files as well. so should have worked, when i try and load them it says this file cant be imported or something. has everyone else been able to import tactics ok or just me. any ideas?

9. i am not trying to do it in classic mode either

10. Quote Originally Posted by alezmerald View Post
    i am not trying to do it in classic mode either
    And you are sure that it's in a FMCareer game ?

11. @TheBetterHalf. how do you mean

12. Quote Originally Posted by alezmerald View Post
    @TheBetterHalf. how do you mean
    When you started this save, why option did you chose ? Was it....

- Football Manager ( in the first beta called Career mode) or was in Football Manager classic ?

13. Quote Originally Posted by TheBetterHalf View Post
    When you started this save, why option did you chose ? Was it....

- Football Manager ( in the first beta called Career mode) or was in Football Manager classic ?
    see what you mean. it was the career mode, i tried using it in the challenge section as well but it didnt work

14. Quote Originally Posted by alezmerald View Post
    see what you mean. it was the career mode, i tried using it in the challenge section as well but it didnt work
    Then I have no idea. Is this happening to all files ? And you have not altered the extension your self without unpacking à rarfile ?

15. Quote Originally Posted by TheBetterHalf View Post
    Then I have no idea. Is this happening to all files ? And you have not altered the extension your self without unpacking à rarfile ?
    no havent done that the files i used were already TAC ones, have you been able to load tactics from last years game, hopefully it will fix itself on friday

16. Quote Originally Posted by alezmerald View Post
    no havent done that the files i used were already TAC ones, have you been able to load tactics from last years game, hopefully it will fix itself on friday
    Yes, without any problem. And you are not using à different skin ?

17. Quote Originally Posted by TheBetterHalf View Post
    Yes, without any problem. And you are not using à different skin ?
    thats weird then, nope havent changed anything can you uninstall the beta version then reinstall again thanks for the help btw.

18. problem solved it seems just uninstalled and then reinstalled

19. How do you create a destination yourself? Downloaded tactics and used winrar to unzip them but when I try to export files there is no tactics folder. Should one be created whenever you create and save a tactic in game?

20. Quote Originally Posted by Micky979 View Post
    How do you create a destination yourself? Downloaded tactics and used winrar to unzip them but when I try to export files there is no tactics folder. Should one be created whenever you create and save a tactic in game?
    Yes . Or you can just add à folder

21. i can't get any tactics to work!! i downoad the TAC file, it appears in my downloads. i import them in my game exactly how the article says (manage tactics etc). and when i press import, and then choose the tactic, nothing changes whatsoever! really starting to frustrate me!

22. How to upload tactic from game,is it just enough to go on uploaded site,browse and upload?

23. Quote Originally Posted by saintsfc12345 View Post
    i can't get any tactics to work!! i downoad the TAC file, it appears in my downloads. i import them in my game exactly how the article says (manage tactics etc). and when i press import, and then choose the tactic, nothing changes whatsoever! really starting to frustrate me!
    Thats how you IMPORT them into your game and save. Next , you have to pick it as one Of your 3 Tactics.

24. Quote Originally Posted by vujevic View Post
    How to upload tactic from game,is it just enough to go on uploaded site,browse and upload?

Yes, or upload it here às well ( just remember to read the postingrules)
    Downloads - Football Manager 2013 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats

25. I am having the issue that when i click to download the file it is trying to open it in utorrent, which does not seem to recognise the file type? How do i get it to download?

26. I am struggling to install tactics on my mac, i had no problems when on pc.
    When i download the tactic, it comes up as a rar file, with any other rar file on my mac i just have to double click it and the mac sorts it out but for some reasons with any of the tactics it doesnt work and just trys to open via vlc media player, anyone got a clue whats going on?

27. Bit of an odd one here and only since around the new year. I have working copies of both Winrar and Winzip installed on my computer yet when i try to open downloaded tactics (Happened today with Raikans DM one), i'm getting a message asking me what program i want to open the file with. In my experience, this message tends to be when you don't have the correct software.

There's an option on the message to choose a program to open it with but neither the Winrar or Winzip are in the list. Very confused. Does anyone know whats happening here?

28. Quote Originally Posted by Candysroom View Post
    Bit of an odd one here and only since around the new year. I have working copies of both Winrar and Winzip installed on my computer yet when i try to open downloaded tactics (Happened today with Raikans DM one), i'm getting a message asking me what program i want to open the file with. In my experience, this message tends to be when you don't have the correct software.

There's an option on the message to choose a program to open it with but neither the Winrar or Winzip are in the list. Very confused. Does anyone know whats happening here?
    My guess would be you are trying to open the TAC file, which doesn't need unzipping, just put it straight in your tactics folder?

29. You sir are a genius and I, a complete moron. You wouldn't believe the heartache this has been causing me but popped it straight into tactics file and there it was... As if by magic. Thanks again for solving a computer numpties issue!!
    beeje13 likes this.

30. same for me it wont work. I can import old tactics from fm12 but not the new ones ive downloaded from here..?

31. Hm, doesn't seem to work. I did everything like you said but when I go on FM13 and manage my tactics, it's not there..

32. Same problem here, when i want to import the downloaded tactics they just aren't there. The ones i created myself are there though ...

33. Quote Originally Posted by laurent6d View Post
    Same problem here, when i want to import the downloaded tactics they just aren't there. The ones i created myself are there though ...
    Then its either because its a rarfile it that you have put it in the wrong library.

34. Problem solved. It was in the wrong library like you said ,silly me. Thanks

35. Really sorry, being a dufus, probably cause I've just got in from work, but have downloaded a tactic, imported it, now when I try and "Add Tactic" it doesn't appear in either formations or archived tactics. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

36. Quote Originally Posted by Jamumools View Post
    Really sorry, being a dufus, probably cause I've just got in from work, but have downloaded a tactic, imported it, now when I try and "Add Tactic" it doesn't appear in either formations or archived tactics. What am I doing wrong? Thanks
    1) Make sure the tactic is unzipped.

2) Make sure you move the unzipped tactic (it will have a .tac extension) into the correct folder (Documents/SI/FM2013/Tactics). Note that you may have two "SI" folders - make sure you are using the correct one - it will contain other folders within SI/FM2013 such as games, matches, sounds, graphics etc. If you are using the one that only has SI/FM2013/sounds in it, it's the wrong one.

3) Do you play FM Classic or the full game? Not all tactics here will work with FM Classic.

4) When you go to "Add tactic", click "use an existing tactic" then click on the little arrow underneath, then select "archived tactics" and you should get a list appear containing your downloaded tactics.

Good luck
    Last edited by herne79; 21/03/2013 at 07:45 PM.

37. Hey - i'm just starting with FM13, have been playing this silly game since CM3 or something.... anyhoo, when ever i go to download a tactic to try from the forums it defaults to FM10 (which i have never had on this machine) which means that i cannot download any direct links hosted here. do any of you guys know of a way around this? i have been through the forums and got no love. i'm sure i cant be the only one with this issue. I am playing on a mac osx 10.6.8. any help greatly appreciated.

38. Hi,

Can we use classic tactics in the normal (Career mode)? There are so many good tactics here but they are all classic

39. Quote Originally Posted by champion7891 View Post
    Hi,

Can we use classic tactics in the normal (Career mode)? There are so many good tactics here but they are all classic
    Classic tactics just refers to the old style of tactics used in previous versions of FM, not Classic Mode, so they work in the normal career version, but they just look a little different, and you can't set/change player roles.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO