How to get keeper to play it short??!!

1. How to get keeper to play it short??!!

It's really annoying, I'm trying to play a possession based game, which obviously has to start from the back and therefore with the keeper. But half the time he just hoofs it forward, I've set his distribution to defender collect and a cb, his passing to the shortest possible and his creative freedom to none. Ideally I want his pass accuracy to at least 80%. Any Ideas?
    How to get keeper to play it short??!!-scott-loach_-stats-form.pngHow to get keeper to play it short??!!-ipswich-v-charlton_-analysis-performance.pngHow to get keeper to play it short??!!-ipswich-town_-tactics-player.png

2. Maybe change mentality all the way to defensive? That could perhaps make the goalkeeper not kick the fall all the way up for a quick attack, but to keep it short and protected by your defense.

3. Yh I'll give that a go and see if it works.

4. maybe try making the keeper into a sweeper keeper

5. Quote Originally Posted by supermatt1978 View Post
    maybe try making the keeper into a sweeper keeper
    He already is

6. Apparently that is one of the bugs in the ME. Dunno if its been sorted yet.

7. Passing to short and collect defender

8. Pretty sure it's a bug, happens to me a lot too despite having him set to defender collect and short passing.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Micky979 View Post
    Apparently that is one of the bugs in the ME. Dunno if its been sorted yet.
    Think it must be cus ive tried everything now and he still just keeps on hoofing it upfield.
    I'll report it on the SI forum thing even tho I'm sure someone else already will have

10. i noticed that it works only if you tell him to pass it short to your fullback, it doesn't work with cb's

+ Reply to Thread